• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Try pizza in Italy... the pizzas I have eaten in Naples and Positano are the best I've ever eaten, they are a different beast entirely and cannot remotely be compared with UK pizzas.
We bought some Pizza Express ready made pizza dough in sainsbury’s yesterday. We also got the Pizza Express cookbook for Christmas. So I am going for one their classics tomorrow night; Pizza Express 4-Seasons.

I'm trying to think of what things you need to do whilst standing on one leg:thought:
It is useful in itself.

In this video, learn to improve your balance and your ankle strength with this simple exercise standing on one leg.
Working on your balance is important for your core strength as well as for your safety.
Practice this exercise yourself to improve your balance standing on one leg by following the simple instructions in this tutorial.

It was my friend's birthday today and I was taking down her presents.
One was a largish potplant which had fancy paper and a ribbon around it from the shop where I bought it.
I picked it up from the porch and took it to the garage. In that time the ribbon disappeared.
I walked up and down several times and it was nowhere to be seen.
When I told my friend she said someone must have been visiting as she heard someone in her kitchen last night and it wasn't her husband.

Today I spoke to a chap who had also been a good friend of the friend who died.
He said that when she died he found his alarm clock face down and 4 o'clock showing. He hasn't been able to get it going since.
We wondered if she was still around as she had a definite sense of humour after I told him about my watch and noises in the kitchen by the other friend.

Today I spoke to a chap who had also been a good friend of the friend who died.
He said that when she died he found his alarm clock face down and 4 o'clock showing. He hasn't been able to get it going since.

Have you checked the deceased friend's time of death?

Today we found a pair of glasses on the kitchen counter that don't belong to anyone in the house. We were home all day, there haven't been any recent visitors and there have been no signs of an intruder (thank heavens) so we're very puzzled.

If it is some sort of a message from the other side.....
This is the analysis of seeing spectacles in dreams.
"Just like in the real world, wearing glasses in a dream could be a sign that we are not seeing correctly, in both a figurative and real sense. ... So if you dream that you're wearing glasses, it might be the time to think about your current situation and clear up a few things up."
Could you possibly be having some kind of visitation, warning you to be more observant in some respect?

Either that or an actual visitor who lost their glasses and will be coming back to ask if they were found in your house.

When I was a kid we used to live on one of these late 70's early 80's matchbox council estates. The streets and alleys looked the same as did the houses. They were thrown up quickly and pretty much made of breeze blocks and plasterboard. They had mod cons like electric underfloor heating but no-one could afford to use it because it was so expensive. You could hear people next door speaking through the walls they were that poorly assembled and you froze in winter and boiled in summer.

My dad came down one morning to go to work and found a hardly used motorbike helmet and gloves on the kitchen table. All the doors were locked and no-one had any idea where they came from. They just appeared overnight. Co-incidentally he was thinking of buying a moped to get to work on at the time but we were skint. We changed the locks in case there was a chance that someone else's keys on this housing estate also fit our locks as all the doors were the same shape and type. We guessed that In the dark in a state of confusion someone maybe one night got the wrong house when they came home from a night shift. No-one ever came back for the helmet and gloves so my dad eventually bought a 2nd hand moped and used them. :D Never look a gift horse....

Recently my pants have started falling down. :omg:
Good job I wear trousers for work.

It seemed weird until I worked out that I bought them all together and the elastic in them has failed at the same time. :rolleyes:

Recently my pants have started falling down. :omg:
Good job I wear trousers for work.

It seemed weird until I worked out that I bought them all together and the elastic in them has failed at the same time. :rolleyes:
Same thing once happened to me with my boxers in Sainsburys car park. All of a sudden with no warning. They were less than 10 years old as well. They just don't make clothes to last anymore.

Back