• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This afternoon I was looking for a parking spot in a very congested area. Turned the corner and there were two spots in front of my building, which itself is a major strangeness. One a little too small for my car. I was backing up to use the second one when someone else came along in a smaller vehicle. Through hand signals we agreed that he would back up, I would take the longer space (space #1) , he would take the shorter space ( space #2), etc. I did, he did, then he got out and directed me in squeezing my car along the curb. I opened the window and asked if he was OK in space #2, he nodded, lit a cigarette, and turned away. I turned off the car, picked up my bag, got out of my car, and there was no car parked in space #2. Was this a parking angel?

This afternoon I was looking for a parking spot in a very congested area. Turned the corner and there were two spots in front of my building, which itself is a major strangeness. One a little too small for my car. I was backing up to use the second one when someone else came along in a smaller vehicle. Through hand signals we agreed that he would back up, I would take the longer space (space #1) , he would take the shorter space ( space #2), etc. I did, he did, then he got out and directed me in squeezing my car along the curb. I opened the window and asked if he was OK in space #2, he nodded, lit a cigarette, and turned away. I turned off the car, picked up my bag, got out of my car, and there was no car parked in space #2. Was this a parking angel?
Whoa. That is really wild !!!

With the lights off?
If he was just looking to do a very quick change before going home, then yes. Nip into room, change clothes, out and away without putting on lights to show other staff that you're using a room rather than the toilets to change in. Get trousers off, suddenly hear breathing or turning over from one of the beds, panic, struggle in to spare trousers and dash from the room.

Big mystery would be how neither woman woke up. I'm a very shallow sleeper and wake up if someone walks up the stairs, but have been known in exhaustion to sleep past a child getting into bed with me (one of my children I mean, not a random one).

Wow that's an odd one. I like stories like that :)

Was the street long enough that you would have seen his car driving away (if he'd changed his mind about parking, for instance)?

I hate asking questions sometimes cos I don't always want there to be a logical explanation... you know?

Wow that's an odd one. I like stories like that :)

Was the street long enough that you would have seen his car driving away (if he'd changed his mind about parking, for instance)?

I hate asking questions sometimes cos I don't always want there to be a logical explanation... you know?
No, he was parked 2 spaces in front of me. But why in that neighborhood give up a parking space on impulse?

im-not-saying-its-a-ghost-but-its-a-ghost.jpg

That is really creepy. Why a man etc etc etc

women wear trousers too ... couldve been dragged in from outside the room somehow, couldve been returned laundry outside another door ... also, might not be the best idea to jam a hotel door shut from the inside, depending on kind of hotels you frequent ... eg red roof inns

Over the last 9 months, my TV has come on four times at precisely 5.05am..... this includes twice that it has happened since Daylight Saving......

I have two deaf cats, one of which sleeps in the corner behind the tv and on each occasion when i have sprung out of bed to turn off the box, the cat has been sleepily stretching and coming out from the corner as if someone in the room has woken her....
I don't feel afraid or feel that there is any maliciousness involved but it's freaky

that's a lovely pic! I'm thinking, (Enola, etc would be able to tell you more), that perhaps you have an alarm set on your tv? Even non-smart tv's I think had that function.

Over the last 9 months, my TV has come on four times at precisely 5.05am..... this includes twice that it has happened since Daylight Saving......

Do you mean the 4 TV activation incidents occurred at the same 'clock time' (0505), regardless of whether Daylight Saving Time was in effect? In other words - 2 happened under DST, and 2 under standard time?

I have two deaf cats, one of which sleeps in the corner behind the tv and on each occasion when i have sprung out of bed to turn off the box, the cat has been sleepily stretching and coming out from the corner as if someone in the room has woken her....
I don't feel afraid or feel that there is any maliciousness involved but it's freaky

I had a sound system that would turn the cd player on randomly during the day whilst I was at work. It was a 30 cd stack system so could play for hours. If I had forgotten to unplug it, I was always surprised to open the door and hear music playing. Was an electrical fault, unless of course some poltergeist was fond of Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, The Who et al.

My android cell phone just came on and broadcast what sounded like guys working in the street, lots of static. Possibly a walkie-talkie exchange. It certainly didn't sound like a message from the dead. Once, then silence, then another few seconds. Never heard of this happening.

Earlier today a friend visited me who was telling me some of the signs she has had from a friend who died a couple of years ago. Whilst chatting I said I could smell oranges (Unusual because I have no real sense of smell). She then told me she was planning on planting an orange tree for him.

Earlier today a friend visited me who was telling me some of the signs she has had from a friend who died a couple of years ago. Whilst chatting I said I could smell oranges (Unusual because I have no real sense of smell). She then told me she was planning on planting an orange tree for him.
Her friend must have been nearby, then?

Do you mean the 4 TV activation incidents occurred at the same 'clock time' (0505), regardless of whether Daylight Saving Time was in effect? In other words - 2 happened under DST, and 2 under standard time?

Correct.
It's not a smart TV, it keeps waking me up!!! :bhave:

Correct.
It's not a smart TV, it keeps waking me up!!! :bhave:
It the TV set to automatically look for and download new firmware?

no
not connected to anything and has no bells and whistles
it's just an ordinary, out of the box Samsung flat screen tv
There's a lamp in the vicinity which emits light at the same frequencies as your remote?

do you mean a remote controlled lamp/bulb
If your remote control and TV use infrared it's possible it's influenced by lights from other sources.

And when thinking about it. If your remote/TV use radio frequencies, perhaps that's what is influencing it. Someone in your neighbourhood perhaps got a TV from the same brand.

On the subject of elecktrickery, there has been some controversy about the installation of smart meters and the possibility of them being hacked into. Apparently this would give access to your phones , computers etc. Don't know how true it might be, but there are already companies around who are offering to analyse data from smart meters to provide a personal profile of occupiers for marketing purposes. Interesting that the Government has changed their approach from every household having to have a smart meter to every household being "offered" one. I have always declined Eon's kind offer.

maybe remote management services like hive etc, but not necessarily smart meters per se

Back