• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've just found a Freddy Mercury T Shirt in one of my drawers of T Shirts .. I've got nothing against Freddy Mercury and nothing for him but I'm 100% certain I've never bought a T Shirt with him on, even if I was wasted drunk or something, I still wouldn't have bought this T Shirt .. the Mrs is baffled as well, she's a Queen fan, she was even at their last ever gig and she's got no idea how it's ended up in our house .. we do all our clothes washing at home so it couldn't even have crept in due to some sort of Laundromat mistake. We've never borrowed clothes off of mates. Weird. She's wearing it at the moment.

afreddy.jpg

Also weird, that's the same yellow jacket he wore at Knebworth, '86, the same gig she went to.

Last edited:
At last. something strange happened.

Today I was in a local cafe. It was quiet and one of the staff was taking the opportunity to clean some stools.

I was sat on a bar stool, close to a window. she was cleaning the stools around a table just behind me. So I had to partially turn to face her as we spoke. I was facing the tables where the event happened. Her procedure was to place a stool on a table, clean it then, when all the stools were done, clean the table.
The tables were in pairs. and on each table there is a salt and a pepper pot. located together in the centre of the table.

So. she had a stool on one of the tables. Cleaning it while I was talking to her.

There was a sound of something falling.

She stopped, and said 'what was that ?'

We then found that the salt pot from the table adjacent to the one she was working on was missing, and was on one of the chairs close to the table.

Now, I know the pots were in the centre of the table. and she was no where near them.

Also if it had just been knocked over then there would have been an initial 'clatter' and the sound of it moving across the table. The pots are hexagonal, they won't roll.

There was just one single sound of the pot as it landed on the chair.

I watched as she carried on with the cleaning (when the pot had been put back in it proper place) and despite the table she was working on moving about a little bit and tapping against table with the pots on, they did not move at all.

Very strange.

THIS! This is exactly how I experience my minor poltergeist activity!

A noise, I look, some item is where it shouldn't be.

Believe me, you can go on and on trying to come up with some rational explanation, but you'll never know because you didn't SEE anything.

It always feels like something special happened, but ultimately for me, it's always been meaningless.

I've just found a Freddy Mercury T Shirt in one of my drawers of T Shirts .. I've got nothing against Freddy Mercury and nothing for him but I'm 100% certain I've never bought a T Shirt with him on, even if I was wasted drunk or something, I still wouldn't have bought this T Shirt .. the Mrs is baffled as well, she's a Queen fan, she was even at their last ever gig and she's got no idea how it's ended up in our house .. we do all our clothes washing at home so it couldn't even have crept in due to some sort of Laundromat mistake. We've never borrowed clothes off of mates. Weird. She's wearing it at the moment.

View attachment 14329

Also weird, that's the same yellow jacket he wore at Knebworth, '86, the same gig she went to.

Can't help you there, but I do have a teeshirt yarn.

Once bought an X Files teeshirt when the show was at its height of popularity. Had it from a car boot sale, brand new in bag, a stunning bargain for 50p or so.

A neighbour was obsessed with the X Files so I decided to offer it to her. She wasn't in so I posted it through the door and went off and forgot about it.

Couple of weeks later when I bumped into her she told me about how the EXACT shirt she hankered for had appeared on the doormat one day.
Oh yeah, I said, that'd be me!
Not sure she believed me.

You should've denied it.

Yup, that would've been funnier!

When texting was a new thing you could do it free from your AOL account and I decided to pull her leg. I sent her 'Put that sausage down, you don't know where it's been!' which seemed a vague enough innuendo.

It arrived as she was walking through town eating a sausage bap. As there was no clue as to who it was from she thought someone was watching her and she spent a very paranoid afternoon out, spinning round at intervals to catch whoever was stalking her.

Can't help you there, but I do have a teeshirt yarn.

Once bought an X Files teeshirt when the show was at its height of popularity. Had it from a car boot sale, brand new in bag, a stunning bargain for 50p or so.

A neighbour was obsessed with the X Files so I decided to offer it to her. She wasn't in so I posted it through the door and went off and forgot about it.

Couple of weeks later when I bumped into her she told me about how the EXACT shirt she hankered for had appeared on the doormat one day.
Oh yeah, I said, that'd be me!
Not sure she believed me.

I'm sure she wanted to believe.

I was driving down the Missenden by-pass (dual carriageway) with my Mum few years back when the Landrover in front of me suddenly slammed on the brakes. Coming to an abrupt stop, we watched the driver get out (didn't look at me once) and run over the central reservation, over the opposite carriageway and down a steep grassy slope towards a 15ft hedgerow/field boundary. All I could see was one other car stopping on the opposite road and some patches of mud. What transpired was the driver in front had spotted a car skidding off the road, go down the slope and vanish in the undergrowth - the car could not be seen from the road at all, if there had not been witnesses (I missed it) it could have still been there today.

I was driving down the Missenden by-pass (dual carriageway) with my Mum few years back when the Landrover in front of me suddenly slammed on the brakes. Coming to an abrupt stop, we watched the driver get out (didn't look at me once) and run over the central reservation, over the opposite carriageway and down a steep grassy slope towards a 15ft hedgerow/field boundary. All I could see was one other car stopping on the opposite road and some patches of mud. What transpired was the driver in front had spotted a car skidding off the road, go down the slope and vanish in the undergrowth - the car could not be seen from the road at all, if there had not been witnesses (I missed it) it could have still been there today.
Prince Phillip. He does it all the time, he nearly hit me in Burton On Trent once. (true story except it was his chauffeur, I've told this story here a while back, the Queen just put her hand over her mouth and laughed at me)

That sounds amazing. Did he save people?
Reminds me of the story in the FT about a car that crashed off a motorway and landed out of sight, and was afterwards reported several times by drivers careering about dangerously in the area. Eventually police searched more thoroughly and the car was found with the driver dead at the wheel.

There are stories of phantom/ghost cars seen crashing into ditches and hedges that lead people to find long-undiscovered car wreaks.

https://hauntedspotslibrary.wordpre...r-accident-leads-to-real-body-surrey-england/

Not checked the sources on this blog btw.

That sounds amazing. Did he save people?
Reminds me of the story in the FT about a car that crashed off a motorway and landed out of sight, and was afterwards reported several times by drivers careering about dangerously in the area. Eventually police searched more thoroughly and the car was found with the driver dead at the wheel.
Perhaps a different event but the one on the news I saw a couple of years ago involved the driver and passenger being found dead. I think these type of accidents explain some of the mysterious disappearances we hear about, bodies simply not being discovered due to location.

Perhaps a different event but the one on the news I saw a couple of years ago involved the driver and passenger being found dead. I think these type of accidents explain some of the mysterious disappearances we hear about, bodies simply not being discovered due to location.

Indeed. What I find so remarkable is how this can happen in the UK. It's such a compact place and it often seems to me that there is not a square foot of it where humans do not tread frequently. And yet it would seem that even in fairly built up places there are locations where people hardly ever go.

Yes, the true purpose of the shed has been lost since the spread of the internet. *Remembers fondly Club International ....*

Ah Yes whenever men and sheds are gathered together there will be Club International in their midst! I knew it wouldn't be long! ha!ha!

Sollywosx

Indeed. What I find so remarkable is how this can happen in the UK. It's such a compact place and it often seems to me that there is not a square foot of it where humans do not tread frequently. And yet it would seem that even in fairly built up places there are locations where people hardly ever go.

One of the ways I pass the time as a car passenger or on a train going through new locations is to mentally take a note of good places to hide a body just in case . Yet from the Papers it seems that practically every concealed corpse is discovered within 36 hours by a Walker out with his Jack Russell. So maybe I should concentrate on the undergrowth near busy dual carriageways.
In July 2015 Police failed to respond to a report of a motorway (M9) crash near Stirling. Lamara Bell lay undiscovered while seriously injured next to her dead boyfriend in their car for three days - she died in hospital four days later. (Location of crash below).
But I'm sure there was another crash more local to me (cannot find it yet) where the Police went looking for a reported car in a hedge/gulley. They saw a car on its roof but it was pretty inaccessible so they didn't check inside until a few days later when the tow truck was available. Two occupants, both dead, no idea how long they had been dead.

Lamara_Bell01.jpg

Ah Yes whenever men and sheds are gathered together there will be Club International in their midst! I knew it wouldn't be long! ha!ha!

Sollywosx
Ha! .. the first time I ever saw a CLUB magazine was in a kid on our road's Dad's shed .. you speak the truth Sollywos. Phwoaar .. I could see everything!.

This is giving me the chills.

I know of one story like this and it's the stuff of nightmares. A guy got a letter from the police saying he must remove his wrecked car at X location. His story made it into the papers because his wife had been reported missing. The coppers who found the wrecked car hadn't noticed her body in the vehicle.

I had a quick look for a news link, but the stories that came up were too horrible so I had to stop.

Back