• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Spooky. It didn't turn up in my bathroom, I looked. Next time you're in the kitchen and you're passing the fridge ...

Suddenly I'm-- gulp -- afraid, just seen this on the net about a guy who also took that one step beyond-

So a few years ago while showering, I grabbed the soap, ready to make myself a clean boi. I start lathering up - as you do - when the soap slips out of my hand, I do the ol' 1 2 juggle but I lose it. The soap bounces from my hand and because I have a shower/bath with a curtain, it manages to thread the needle between the curtain and the wall.
I was a little annoyed of course, but hey, not too big of a deal. I lean out of the shower to pick the soap up but I can't see it. Got a little more annoyed as it must have fell underneath the sink cupboard. Get down on my knees to get it but nope, it wasn't under there. My annoyance left me as I became impressed, had it bounced all around the room and ended up at the short side of the tub? I check and lo and behold, it wasn't there.
By now I'm full blown freaking out. Where in the hell did my soap go?! Maybe it bounced higher than I thought, so I checked the window sill next to the shower. Wasn't there. My mind is officially blown as I'm pacing in a circle in my bathroom. Maybe I had left the bathroom at some point but forgot?
So I start searching everywhere in my house, I check my bedroom and cupboards. I go to the lounge room and check there, even check inside the recliners, nope. I checked my mother's room even though I know for a fact I wouldn't be in there. Went to the kitchen to check the damn microwave. I even went outside to look for it.
It was nowhere the soap had vanished and to this day I still have trouble sleeping sometimes thinking about this.

Thetruthishere/comments/9vzd2n

I think that sometimes, if something is dropped with enough ooomph, and the reaction is really sudden and alarming, that an item can hit the floor and bounce right out of our universe, into a parallel one. I expect there's a similar thread being posted somewhere about items suddenly springing into existence. I would try looking there for the soap. It's possibly appeared in a bathroom in the west midlands one Tuesday afternoon, along with a number of teaspoons, and the antihistamine tablet that I dropped in my kitchen back in the late 90s.

I'm not aware of any mysteriously appearing soaps unfortunately. Also on the same note though....where do all the lost socks go? I wonder if the wind blows them to some (as yet) undiscovered corner of the world where there is some kind of 'sock mountain'?

Almost anything dropped in a bathroom ends up behind the sink pipes covered in fluff (and therefore disguised). Trust me on this.

I think all this disappearing soap may be in my Mum's bathroom. She has a huge glass dish filled with a massive range of different soaps. Never seen anything like it anywhere else.

I have ..... my Mum's bathroom!! They kept me supplied for over a year when she passed on. So apologies if any of them had been supplied by magical means and they were lifted from any of you!

Sollywos x

I used to fish into the night on the Kennet and Avon canal and the mist would rise off the fields and roll down the canal until the bridge and the hedge on the far bank were grey ghosts. So although I knew there was nothing to be concerned about, I'd pack up and saunter in a relaxed way back along the tow-path in the grey and failing light. After all, the rustlings and shadows are only furry folk in the hedge and the level-crossing lights in the mist.

Probably.
Always saunter, never let them know that you have any doubt about what is real:bf:

Mystery solved. I never knew it was such a little mover!
I was being a tad ironic, repeating the usual dismissive line taken by people such as Patrick Moore in such instances.
It might be an idea to video it.

I was being a tad ironic, repeating the usual dismissive line taken by people such as Patrick Moore in such instances.
It might be an idea to video it.

I've tried but sadly my phone doesn't seem up to the job. I've never seen a star being quite so mobile before.

I've tried but sadly my phone doesn't seem up to the job. I've never seen a star being quite so mobile before.

Just for the record ...

You were inside, watching it through a window - right? Or ... ?

Which direction were you facing?

Speaking of stars, I've noticed a very bright couple hanging low in the southeast for about a week just before dawn (I'm in England) and I'd guess that the brightest one is Venus and the slighter fainter one to its right is Mercury?

Venus and Jupiter.

Last week there was a beautiful conjunction of Jupiter, Moon and Venus in the East. We had one clear morning. I looked out my window. A small blessing
1f642.png

conjunction01.jpgconjunction02.jpg

Back