• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Speaking of stars, I've noticed a very bright couple hanging low in the southeast for about a week just before dawn (I'm in England) and I'd guess that the brightest one is Venus and the slighter fainter one to its right is Mercury?
Venus and Jupiter.

Thanks, sadly I haven't got a decent telescope, so they just look like points of light through my 8x binoculars and I can't see Jupiter's cool stripes (sniffle)

Thanks, sadly I haven't got a decent telescope, so they just look like points of light through my 8x binoculars and I can't see Jupiter's cool stripes (sniffle)
If you keep the binoculars very, very still and look carefully, you might barely see one or two moons of Jupiter.

Hello everyone. First proper post with a tale to tell. :parapet:

Lots of odd things have happened to me over the years I don't really know where to start tbh. There has also been a lot of synchronicity going on over the years and some of it is very music related.There seems to be a very close link for me with music and TV and this covers decades. When I used to listen to Radio 1 years ago I would think of a song and next thing it would be on the radio when I switched it on or when I listened to it. Tunes specifically relative to goings on in a daily life etc not general ones. Way too many examples of this. So I was wondering if anyone else finds synchronistic events linked to music? It is weird but I find it comforting as it tells me I am tuned in to something positive and sort of on the correct path if that makes sense. It can increase at times too, can speed up in frequency and last for various amounts of time. Find it hard to explain as I am a bit nervous posting in case I bore you all to death! Yeah I am nuts.:points:

Here's one for example. Out shopping one day and saw the most lovely photo frame in a shop window. It was a pair of silver antiqued Angel wings and I wanted it for my late Dads photo. I spent a good 5 mins peering at it in the window and decided to go in and buy it. The shop had a radio station on and as I stood by the counter paying for the frame the tune There must be an Angel by the Eurythmics came on. :angel: One of my favourite tunes but so unexpected. I knew I had to have it and was right to buy it. Felt it was a subliminal message and it comforted me.

More to share on all sorts of things that might be of interest but that is enough to start with. Would love to hear your
experiences of this.

Kind regards

Vida :shy:

Last edited:
Yes, I listen to the radio a lot and get song synchronicity quite often, to the point where I wonder if it's really just me listening out for connections! If you have an ear for music, it's easy to get "attuned" to it, but sometimes you get an excellent coincidence, like thinking of a song out of the blue and it's played in the next few minutes (no, it's not announced beforehand!).

I think we have some song threads, like the "Earworm" one, you might be interested in?

Yes thanks GNC will seek it out and so glad you and others get the same kind of things happening.I will re post on the relevent thread. I am also unsure where to post other tales whether they belong on this thread or not.

It wasn’t. I went out later and spotted Venus in an entirely different direction.

Can you describe what you saw with any more detail? Size? Color? Position(s) and movements? Any repetitions or patterns to the movements?

Last week there was a beautiful conjunction of Jupiter, Moon and Venus
I saw this too- it was very impressive.

I will miss Venus so much when it becomes duller and more distant (although I'm unsure as to exactly when, and to what extent, this will happen)

For an hour or so, I've been watching a star zigzagging quite erratically in the sky outside my house. Is this normal behaviour for stars?

I know what you mean: a lot of fuss was made of the Perseid meteor shower in August 2015 so I loaded free Astronomy software onto my laptop and ventured out into the night. Didn't have a compass to get my bearings (last one was in the heel of my shoe - Clark's Wayfinder ?) so I tried to fix on a stationary twinkly Star - but after 20 minutes it just wandered off. Bloody UFOs.

Can you describe what you saw with any more detail? Size? Color? Position(s) and movements? Any repetitions or patterns to the movements?

It genuinely looked like any other star to me. Aside from the occasional zigzagging around. I didn't notice any particular repetition. I took poor quality iPhone footage but you can see very little.

It could be actual movement, or it could be the effect of lensing caused by alternating layers of cold and (slightly warmer) air, depending upon the amount of zig-zagging that took place.
How extreme was the zig-zagging?

It genuinely looked like any other star to me. Aside from the occasional zigzagging around. I didn't notice any particular repetition. I took poor quality iPhone footage but you can see very little.

When the object appeared to zigzag, did you see it (was it visible) continuously as it changed course? Or was it discontinuous (e.g., first it was here moving that way, then nothing, then it was over there moving that way)?

Satellite? Do they zig zag? I know they move

Generally speaking - no ...

Satellites can, of course, maneuver once in orbit, and it's technically possible to make a maneuverable satellite perform sudden radical course changes. However, such moves would expend its fuel and almost certainly inhibit its ability to stay in orbit.

On the other hand ... Any object falling into earth's atmosphere (meteor; falling satellite; incoming space junk) might exhibit what seem to be sudden herky-jerky trajectory shifts as it breaks up. I've witnessed visible meteors / bolides give the appearance of darting off in a new direction as a big chunk separates, blows off in a random direction, and becomes the primary visible object. A relatively lightweight and irregularly shaped satellite or piece of space junk might well tumble in random ways on its way in.

When the object appeared to zigzag, did you see it (was it visible) continuously as it changed course? Or was it discontinuous (e.g., first it was here moving that way, then nothing, then it was over there moving that way)?

I would say more or less continuous. Though it did come and go a little and dwindle in brightness and then brighten again. For what it's worth - not much! - here's a blurry picture of it. It just looks like a grey smudge here though! The videos I took were better and showed a little of the movement, but I don't seem able to upload them here - too large, apparently
IMG_2072.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of song synchronicities...

Today, before going out, I threw on my old (circa 2002) Keep Fishin' Weezer T-shirt. Not sure why. I hadn't worn it in ages.
As you can see, it has some wear and tear. :p
weezer.jpg

I get in the car to go, and guess what song is on the radio? Yep, Keep Fishin', which I've never actually heard on the radio before, ever.
Pretty cute, as synchronicities, go.
Here's the music video, which explains the picture.

A friend had asked another friend and me to come around for a cup of tea and in chatting mentioned that no one had heard from a chap who rings on occasion to say he is having a garage sale etc.
The other lady is quite friendly with him, going shopping etc with him and couldn't work out why she hadn't heard from him.
Anyway when I went home I mentioned it to my daughter and she reminded me that when we went past his house a couple of weeks ago there had been a police car and ambulance outside it.
I rang my friend and she said she would ring her friend.
Last night she rang to say her friend had rung him and he was quite upset as his mother who had lived with him had died in her sleep at the time my daughter had seen the ambulance and he had just been at her funeral yesterday which was 2 weeks later.
I thought it was strange that things unfolded the day of her funeral.

Only slightly odd, but here goes.

Today I walked into my usual cafe. just in front of me as I entered was a woman who part turned and said 'Hello INT21'.

(actually she used my proper name)

But I didn't recognise her. I said hello: nodding as one does.

Anyway, she went out of the building and I asked the counter staff 'Who was that ?'.

'You should know' said the girl behind the counter, 'she is related to you. Her name is Karen, No, Carol'.

And then I realised who it was. A relation from my wife's side who I only met once at a funeral two years ago.
She came back in and I apologised for not recognising her. We exchange a few bits of news and she left.

What I find strange is how the girl behind the counter knew I was related. She isn't related and we only ever exchange a few of the usual courtesies when I go in there. Why does everyone appear to know more about me than I do ?

INT21.

Only slightly odd, but here goes.

Today I walked into my usual cafe. just in front of me as I entered was a woman who part turned and said 'Hello INT21'.

(actually she used my proper name)

But I didn't recognise her. I said hello: nodding as one does.

Anyway, she went out of the building and I asked the counter staff 'Who was that ?'.

'You should know' said the girl behind the counter, 'she is related to you. Her name is Karen, No, Carol'.

And then I realised who it was. A relation from my wife's side who I only met once at a funeral two years ago.
She came back in and I apologised for not recognising her. We exchange a few bits of news and she left.

What I find strange is how the girl behind the counter knew I was related. She isn't related and we only ever exchange a few of the usual courtesies when I go in there. Why does everyone appear to know more about me than I do ?

INT21.
You must be locally famous. Or infamous.

..You must be locally famous. Or infamous. ..

Should I write a book ? Autobiography or sordid novella ?

I think I mentioned elsewhere that once, while waiting for my table in a restaurant, a bloke came up to me and asked 'Are you INT21, didn't you use to fix motor bikes ?'

(No, he didn't try to claim his £5)

I agreed that I was, When I asked he gave me his name, and then went off to his meal.

I still don't know who he was, or what reason he had to know me. Must have been something to do with bikes.

INT21.

Last edited:
I try not to let it.

But it doesn't necessarily follow. Maybe it was just reputation

Speaking of song synchronicities...

Today, before going out, I threw on my old (circa 2002) Keep Fishin' Weezer T-shirt. Not sure why. I hadn't worn it in ages.
As you can see, it has some wear and tear. :p
View attachment 14726
I get in the car to go, and guess what song is on the radio? Yep, Keep Fishin', which I've never actually heard on the radio before, ever.
Pretty cute, as synchronicities, go.
Here's the music video, which explains the picture.
Miss Piggy was a historic sex predator but it's OK because it was the 70's.

I live in a small town. I know things about people who don't know me. :boh: I once had an experience where I was walking through a shopping mall and saw someone sitting who I somehow recognized, but didn't (if that makes sense). The weird thing is that she looked at me and seemed to have recognized me. We both said "hi" and to this day I don't know who she was.

My oddity is that no matter where I'm at, I often have people who stop me to ask for directions, and surprisingly I can usually tell them. I thought it was just in my mind until I was discussing it with a friend and she agreed.

I was walking up town with my sister and a guy walked past us and said "Hello *****" to this day i don't know who he was, neither did my sister, but he was darn good looking.
Did you whistle at him? :cool2:

...I was walking up town with my sister and a guy walked past us and said "Hello *****" ..

Without your permission in writing !

In the States that would be classed as sexual harassment.

Back