• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I was tinkering with electronics yesterday and had all sorts of screws and small bits and bobs all over my work table. It's not unusual for me to lean on something and have it stick to the skin on my arm. Were you working with rolled up sleeves? Could the washers have stuck to your skin and then been dropped on the floor?
I checked that. Washers still missing.

Could it have been a manifestation of your depressed mental state? Maybe your imagination forcing you to flee, or maybe something more "physical" that came from the same place, and had the same effect?

I don't think so.
Although it was a rough time, it was not particularly depressing. Also I had been there a few times, and nothing felt unusual until I opened the door.

I vaguely recollect some tales. Ilkley Moor is quite large. People crossing have taken a wrong turn and died from exposure in winter. When the mist comes down one bit of moorland looks pretty much like another.
There have been a few ufo incidents there.
There is a bit of controversy as to whether what is called 'Ilkley Moor' is actually Rombald's Moor. There is a statue of the giant Rombald in Keighley shopping centre.
I'll have to check the OS map.

INT21.

The 'Baht 'at' Is a form of Earth spirit that roams Ilkley Moor mourning the loss of it's lover , the 'Ma' rejain'.

It entices people to wander of the only track across the moor when it is very misty. The doomed traveler hears a sad mournful wail and, thinking it is a fellow traveler in distress, walks off the track and is soon completely disorientated.

Their pathetic corps may be found by others days later.

People traveling across from Keighley to Ilkley are encouraged to sing the song 'Ilkla Moor Baht 'at' as loudly as possible and for as long as it takes to cross. This is why the song has so many verses.

It is said this comforts the Baht 'at, and it lets them pass unmolested.

INT21.

Ahhh now i have heard that song, now i can at least pronounce the bugger, bar tat

Pretty close, depends upon just where in the region you live.

I would pronounce it Bart 'aT.

Creepy feelings at an unused quarry at night — makes me think "dead body chucked in by murderer". :freak:

The doomed traveler hears a sad mournful wail and, thinking it is a fellow traveler in distress, walks off the track and is soon completely disorientated.
Only hear it if you're not wearing a hat though.

Maybe .

But 'bar tha hat' i.e without your hat . is closer. 'Tha', coming from 'thy ' (Thine) (Your).

Anyway, 'Tha's bahn to catch thee death o' cold' if you don't take one.

A curious but very small thing just happened this afternoon. Yesterday a small ornament, a candle holder made of thin porcelain, was knocked behind the piano during cleaning and broke. Today I got all the pieces together and tied them up in a plastic bag and put it on top of the piano. A couple of hours later my better half and I were peacefully seated on the sofa when the bag fell off from the piano top onto the floor. It had been placed two or three inches back from the edge on a level surface, it had been there at least two hours (so any 'unfolding' of the plastic should have finished), and there was no vibration or other reason why it should have happened.

We live in an old cottage but this sort of thing never happens. Mrs Asparagus said perhaps we had an entity around who was bored so I said if they're bored they can glue the ornament together tonight while we are asleep. I will leave the glue out but I'm not holding my breath!

A sort of serendipitous strangeness.

I mentioned elsewhere that I had bought some razor blades. Well, just opposite the shop I bought them from is a charity shop. One I haven't been in for years as they are getting expensive (Oxfam). I had intended to look on Amazon for a copy of the book 'The power of Now' By Eckhart Tolle. I went into the shop to see what they had, and there it was on a shelf. Price £1.50. If it hadn't been for the hunt for blades, I probably would not have gone in there. Not a street I often walk down.

A couple of weeks ago we went to Beamaris Gaol. The woman on the desk offered for me us to join a tour with another couple. The guide asked if any one was interested n the paranormal and said she would tell us any spooky stories. We went into the women's washroom and I felt rather than really heard "Jennie, Jennie, Jennie, Jennie". When we left the room it went. The guide asked us later on if we had felt anything. So I mentioned about the washroom. The other couple hung back a bit, and said they were just checking on their daughter they had left in the holiday home especially because i had mentioned Jennie which was her name!

Back