• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

What does salted camel taste like?

It's really nice; it's not very salty, just a bit of a tang that cuts through the sweetness, like Souleater says :)

Well worth trying, there's so much salted caramel stuff around, it's been trendy for a good few years now, I'm a bit surprised you've not tried it in anything!

Edit; Oh, I thought that was a typo :lolling:

Lindor now do salted caramel chocolates :p

I thought I'd lost my glasses so consoled myself by scoffing a whole box in one evening.:eek:

The glasses were later found behind my mates sofa. :yay:

Oh, caramel! I misread it as camel...
Id imagine salted camel tastes a bit like salted alpaca, which i ate when i was in Peru, it is very nice indeed, tatses like fillet steak, also ate guinea pig which wasnt very pleasent, tasted like greasy chicken, a friend of mine lives in Somalia and they regularly have camel stew.

Id imagine salted camel tastes a bit like salted alpaca, which i ate when i was in Peru, it is very nice indeed, tatses like fillet steak, also ate guinea pig which wasnt very pleasent, tasted like greasy chicken, a friend of mine lives in Somalia and they regularly have camel stew.
The guinea pig is just run over by a steam roller and then deep fried. At least that’s what it looked like when I was in Ecuador.

When Techy gets up early for a wet shave and I'm in bed, I can hear him swishing the razor in the basin. It sounds as if it's next to my ear'ole. :chuckle:
Think you're paying too much attention to Techy. He's getting spoiled.

81b81b8c0ba950ac311a4a77fe8a5cbb.jpg

We have recently sold those 'chocolate coated pretzels' in both peanut butter flavour and strawberry flavour. Apparently the strawberry ones were like eating Angel Delight, with a weird aftertaste. No one has dared to try the peanut butter ones.

There are many incidents of deaths caused by hitting animals, in the New Forest in the UK a number of people have died in collisions with horses and cattle, and in places where moose are roaming they are a huge danger to road traffic.

"...it is estimated that between 10 and 20 people are killed and over 700 injured every year as a result of accidents involving deer, either through direct collisions or swerving to avoid deer. The cost of damage to vehicles alone is estimated to be at least £17 million."

https://www.rspca.org.uk/documents/...34-092c6ba51325?t=1553171460915&download=true

"It is estimated there are up to 74,000 deer-related traffic accidents each year in Britain, although exact figures are unavailable.

Highways England said it believed 400 motorists were injured in deer-related accidents every year."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48271260

maximus otter

When I was first going out with the In House GP (then a Personal IT Geek), we were driving back across Dartmoor late one evening and I spotted a dark brown Dartmoor pony on the side of the road, but IHGP - normally very considerate of horses not he roads - passed it very closely.
"Mind that pony," I said.
"What pony?" he replied.

Doesn't even have to be as big as a cow. My dad, whilst riding a motorbike, hit a sheep, and boy, did that mess him up for a while. Sixty years later he still has a very thin patch of skin on one knee where his kneecap attempted to escape.

Even smaller animals do considerable damage to a vehicle travelling at speed.
Company I worked for in the mid-eighties had a fleet of Vauxhall Astra vans - my colleague was driving down the A3 to Portsmouth on a regular run, one Saturday/Sunday at 2am (and TBH he was most likely hurtling along at a fair lick, you could wind those vans up to over 110mph if you were feeling particularly brave/foolhardy), when suddenly a fox came running across the dual-carriageway.
Well, in the collision that followed, the fox was obviously quite severely mangled, but the front of the van was demolished.
The whole of the area between the headlights was mainly of plastic construction and had managed to collapse/explode itself through the radiator and surrounding hoses etc.
The van had to be 'recovered' back to St Albans and when we saw it in the daylight the following day it was a right blood-covered mess of a mixture of bits of fox and plastic.

Even a pheasant can take out your headlights. As for badgers - just don't go there. I swear they walk away from vehicle impacts with nothing but a slight limp and a sneer.

Even a pheasant can take out your headlights. As for badgers - just don't go there. I swear they walk away from vehicle impacts with nothing but a slight limp and a sneer.

And yet sadly I have never seen a live badger, just the ones whose sneers died with them. :-(

And yet sadly I have never seen a live badger, just the ones whose sneers died with them. :-(
Years ago i was walking back home from a night out to the family home (on a council estate) i was 50 yards from my door, when i heard what sounded like a large dog loping towards me, its claws clacking on the road, a minute later, to my suprise a badger came along the road, past me and off through the underpass at the end of the road.

We have recently sold those 'chocolate coated pretzels' in both peanut butter flavour and strawberry flavour. Apparently the strawberry ones were like eating Angel Delight, with a weird aftertaste. No one has dared to try the peanut butter ones.

I know I'm weird, but they do actually sound quite tasty. I'm not really a snacker, though, so will probably never find out.

Yummy.
Them roadkill ones are nice and flat too. They fit very nicely into a pizza oven.

You might try cycling up a long narrow lane and turning a bend to encounter a dead badger splattered across the dusty pitted tarmac. STINK, they do

Plenty up here, still sneering and digging up the bulbs!

Many in our lab have reported seeing the one that lived on campus; it used to skulk around the grounds near our building on winter evenings, startling people who had worked late and were making their way home. However, the amount of building that has gone on recently, and the hacking up of greenery, I'd be amazed if it was still hanging around.

Back