• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Reminds me of the time I was driving my car to work one morning and happened to look at the passenger seat where I found a phone charger with cord neatly wound round it - not mine not my partners -no one else had been in car (certainly not since previous night! The other curious thing about said charger (I still have it and use it) was that it is marked Bosch - since when did Bosch make phone chargers?!

That's a great story :D

I suspect it's a charger for a small tool gadget? Like an electric screwdriver maybe?

... I found a phone charger with cord neatly wound round it - not mine not my partners... The other curious thing about said charger was that it is marked Bosch - since when did Bosch make phone chargers?!

I'd like to think that there's a parallel universe (Man in the High Castle?!) where Bosch and maybe Siemens are the world's largest mobile phone manufacturers, and one of their products has slipped sideways into our reality.

I'd like to think that there's a parallel universe (Man in the High Castle?!) where Bosch and maybe Siemens are the world's largest mobile phone manufacturers, and one of their products has slipped sideways into our reality.
Or a parallel universe where you are frantically searching your car looking for that damn bosch charger you swear you left right there on the passenger seat only the night before :p

I've just had a Minor Strangeness which is actually more of a coincidence...

on my kitchen table is my copy of FT 403 which I am reading my way through whenever I'm in the kitchen doing 'stuff'.

Yesterday at work I was talking about the origins of two of my daughters' names with a customer. Vienna is named after the Ultravox single and my youngest daughter is called Riyadh, after the Al Stewart Nostradamus Part One - The World Goes to Riyadh. It was my ex's album and that was one of our most played tracks, and I remember when I was expecting Child 5, thinking that Riyadh would be a lovely name...

so, this morning I went into the kitchen, turned FT403 onto a new page, and promptly read Jenny Randles talking about Al Stewart.

He's not much talked about these days, so I am claiming that as a moment of Strange Co Incidence.

... I suspect it's a charger for a small tool gadget? Like an electric screwdriver maybe?

Agreed ... It's probably a charger for the Bosch-specific batteries used in their cordless tools.

Was going to post this a few hours ago -

This is a bit weird.

I'm waiting in t'banger to pick someone up.

In front of me is a corner with a bus stop and a shelter.

An elderly woman walked up to the shelter and waited for the bus.

I looked at my phone and waved to someone going past, then glanced up again - no woman waiting. I can see the whole corner and the shelter is transparent so where was she? Surly if the bus was imminent she'd be on the kerb looking out for it? I concluded that the bus had nipped in and carried her off while I was distracted.

Just then the bus arrived and the woman was suddenly standing next to it ready to get on. The door opened and off it went with her aboard.

Where had she been? She didn't look too steady on the pins and had been hiding from the wind in the shelter. Puzzling.

I looked at my phone and waved to someone going past, then glanced up again - no woman waiting. ...
Just then the bus arrived and the woman was suddenly standing next to it ready to get on. The door opened and off it went with her aboard.
Where had she been? She didn't look too steady on the pins and had been hiding from the wind in the shelter. Puzzling.

Simple ... She'd suddenly remembered what she'd walked off and forgotten, teleported back home to get it, and blipped back just in time to meet the bus.

This one's a bit boring so scroll down to the next one ..

To skip to the end, after we'd bought our McDonalds through the drive though today and I'd noticed some special offer money off thing on the receipt, I handed it over to the Mrs and watched her put it in her back pocket .. so where did it go? .. she checked all of her pockets twice as did I, neither of us had left the car at that point, she searched everywhere in the car after I gave in because she's tenacious .. no receipt. When we got back home we did all of that again but I watched her put it in her back left pocket. I was thinking about the teaspoons thread here and said to her "It wouldn't surprise me if you find it under you pillow" ..

Last edited:
I was thinking about the teaspoons thread here and said to her "It wouldn't surprise me if you find it under you pillow" ..
Is that where you usually find your teaspoons?

There's this tree with this hole in it.
It calls out for some magic ritual.
But which one? What to do?

hole1.jpghole2.jpghole3.jpg

Was going to post this a few hours ago -

This is a bit weird.

I'm waiting in t'banger to pick someone up.

In front of me is a corner with a bus stop and a shelter.

An elderly woman walked up to the shelter and waited for the bus.

I looked at my phone and waved to someone going past, then glanced up again - no woman waiting. I can see the whole corner and the shelter is transparent so where was she? Surly if the bus was imminent she'd be on the kerb looking out for it? I concluded that the bus had nipped in and carried her off while I was distracted.

Please post up the corner on google streetview.

View attachment 37376
Is it just me, or are the windows all wrong on this? Narrow, small and in the wrong places.
Just a terrible thing to do to a house, those windows.
Maybe that's what gives the building its eerie feeling.
The tall thin windows look like staircase lights.

In the UK all domestic staircases have to receive natural light.

Further to the local dognapping:
We are delighted to say that we have recovered the two dogs that were stolen from outside a Marks & Spencer store in Nantwich on Saturday.

The Labradors were found at an address in Stoke-on-Trent this morning.

As you can see from the photograph, they have been returned to their hugely relieved owners.

Three people who were at the address in Stoke – a 37-year-old man, a 28-year-old woman and a 15-year-old boy – have all been arrested on suspicion of theft in relation to the incident.

They are all in custody being questioned as part of our ongoing investigation into the dog thefts.

FB_IMG_1617166587583.jpg

The tall thin windows look like staircase lights.
In the UK all domestic staircases have to receive natural light.

Agreed ... The two tall thin windows are obviously associated with a staircase / stairway, suggesting the center / nearest section is an auxiliary / peripheral space in the building's floor plan. This is one of the reasons I think we're looking at a rear or side view of the building.

I did not know that. That is to say, I can't remember living anywhere that didn't have a well-lit staircase, but had no idea that it was a legal requirement. Our own windows on the drop landing (do we still call them that?) resemble a pair of arrow slits!

I'm a bit out of date on building regulations but there did use to be a legal requirement for natural light on domestic stairs.
Every home I've lived in has had windows over the stairs or at least glass doors facing them.

Agreed ... The two tall thin windows are obviously associated with a staircase / stairway, suggesting the center / nearest section is an auxiliary / peripheral space in the building's floor plan. This is one of the reasons I think we're looking at a rear or side view of the building.

You are right that this is the back of the building and these are stairway lights. The weird thing is that the building is most visible from the back. This is how it looks from the front. I've never been able to inspect it closer. I don't even know if it's inhabited. It looks like a school building, but it's a bad place for any school. It's far away from everything. And it's very overgrown.
I also think it's the workshop of this artist: Work | Sander Buijk Sander Buijk
1617215415024.png
1617215579320.png

You are right that this is the back of the building and these are stairway lights. The weird thing is that the building is most visible from the back. This is how it looks from the front. I've never been able to inspect it closer. I don't even know if it's inhabited. It looks like a school building, but it's a bad place for any school. It's far away from everything. And it's very overgrown.
I also think it's the workshop of this artist: Work | Sander Buijk Sander Buijk
View attachment 37471 View attachment 37472
I like his work, very eclectic :)

You are right that this is the back of the building and these are stairway lights. The weird thing is that the building is most visible from the back. This is how it looks from the front.
I am relieved. The front makes more sense to me.
Looks like a great space for making art, at least, from the outside. :p

In corona times I don't see my few friends in real-life because nothing is happening. And I have a few days off. So I post more now. Some of you know that I have a friendly obsession for Norwegian traffic cams. In corona times it's a placebo for real travel. So yesterday I was browsing some of them and preparing a new blog post.

There's this inconspicuous place:
kamera (800×600) (vegvesen.no)
And this was the situation yesterday (left). Today the situation was like this (right).
Are those traces of an accident? Can some of you read traces like that?

1617463182716.png
1617463168306.png

It seems the camera is watching this camping exit:
2 Fv21 - Google Maps

Last edited:
The tyre treads appear to be 'burnouts' (wheelspins) by a front-wheel-drive vehicle......the marks tail off towards the right-hand-side indicating the vehicle gained some traction and pulled away.
The large circular tracks would be an attempt at 'donuts' by someone inexperienced as there is not enough room to complete a full circle.
Norwegian teenagers with nothing better to do I expect. (Norweenagers?)

Back