• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Very minor strangeness today.

I'm friends with one of the janitors at work. He's the type of fellow who loves to read and has wide-ranging tastes. He makes a habit of disposing of his unwanted books and DVDs by giving them to friends, and often leaves some for me with the shuttle bus driver. (He usually takes the run that precedes mine.) I may have mentioned to him at one point that I read FT, but if I did, I'm sure it didn't leave a big impression.

Today he left me the 1998 U.S. edition of 1992's The World's Most Incredible Stories: The Best of Fortean Times.

It would be okay for Brian Cox though cos he could take D:Ream back on the road with "Socks can only get better", in a rehash of their only hit.

It would be okay for Brian Cox though cos he could take D:Ream back on the road with "Socks can only get better", in a rehash of their only hit.
These jokes can only get better! :)

Wasn't 'Cox in Sox' the Dr Seuss book that got banned?

And the jokes just got worse.

No you're thinking of Cox in Fox.

cox in fox.png

Last edited:
This morning, while my husband was driving me to the bus terminus, I was thinking about Jurassic Parc films, lions and then Hyenas, which as a kid with my sister, we nicknamed Hygienes. (it rhyme in French: Hyène/Hygiène)
I buy my tickets electronically and on activating them, there is always a random word under the QR code. Today, it was and you might guess it : Hyena.
In tune with the universe or what?

This morning, while my husband was driving me to the bus terminus, I was thinking about Jurassic Parc films, lions and then Hyenas, which as a kid with my sister, we nicknamed Hygienes. (it rhyme in French: Hyène/Hygiène)
I buy my tickets electronically and on activating them, there is always a random word under the QR code. Today, it was and you might guess it : Hyena.
Definitely in tune with the Youniverse!

Next you'll be targeted with adverts for hyenas.

Or possibly hygiene, I don't know your circumstances.

Hygiene... With sanitizing stuff everywhere for nearly 18 months, it is covered. As For Hyenas...
If some more coincidences happen, I'll post them.
Techy believes his phone listens to him all the time and tries to sell him things based on things he's mentioned.

Recently he was bombarded with Facebook ads for cycling gloves after we'd been discussing them. I reminded him that a. most of his Facebook posts are about cycling and b. he's been looking at them online.

He reckons the ads came when he'd only thought about the gloves, before we spoke, like you with the hyenas. :omg:

Techy believes his phone listens to him all the time and tries to sell him things based on things he's mentioned.

Recently he was bombarded with Facebook ads for cycling gloves after we'd been discussing them. I reminded him that a. most of his Facebook posts are about cycling and b. he's been looking at them online.

He reckons the ads came when he'd only thought about the gloves, before we spoke, like you with the hyenas. :omg:

I've got something similar - when I google random things I'm thinking about buying my partner then gets Facebook ads for those items, consistently. I don't even have fb, and we're not using the same devices either... :worry:

I've got something similar - when I google random things I'm thinking about buying my partner then gets Facebook ads for those items, consistently. I don't even have fb, and we're not using the same devices either... :worry:
It's all to do with the IP address. I get the ads on FB after the In-House GP has been researching stuff. Currently they're for door handles.

Hygiene... With sanitizing stuff everywhere for nearly 18 months, it is covered. As For Hyenas...
If some more coincidences happen, I'll post them.
I have been having a Facebook discussion regarding hyenas, because I visited the Kirkdale caves yesterday...

"They" are paying particular attention to you Cloudbusting. There must be a reason.....:chuckle:

Back