• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Very minor touch of synchronicity. On Friday afternoon I had a strange urging to play some tracks from a band i had not heard of for years, New Model Army. I dont have any of their vinyl or CDs so fired up Alexa and listened to a few tracks. The next day me and the wife went to see a band at a local venue. Pretty poor turn out, only about 30 people there. My wife knows I have a very good memory for lyrics and a bloke was standing in front of us wearing a t shirt with some song lyrics on the back. "go on then, whats the song" she said. I had no idea and we waited for the bloke to turn round so we could see the front of the shirt. when he eventually turned round, guess what the band was? Yep, New Model Army. The Cosmic Joker strikes again....

Very minor touch of synchronicity. On Friday afternoon I had a strange urging to play some tracks from a band i had not heard of for years, New Model Army. I dont have any of their vinyl or CDs so fired up Alexa and listened to a few tracks. The next day me and the wife went to see a band at a local venue. Pretty poor turn out, only about 30 people there. My wife knows I have a very good memory for lyrics and a bloke was standing in front of us wearing a t shirt with some song lyrics on the back. "go on then, whats the song" she said. I had no idea and we waited for the bloke to turn round so we could see the front of the shirt. when he eventually turned round, guess what the band was? Yep, New Model Army. The Cosmic Joker strikes again....
Love NMA, my favourite track

Assuming this isn't the first time you've opened one of these tins - is it possible you've counted the number of turns required during one or more prior openings?
First one for at least two years. Not a bad taste - simply somehow unfulfilling. And we have three or four different sorts of tinopeners in the kitchen drawer: they all operate differently and opening the same-sized tin with two different ones makes a difference with regard to the number of turns - might be to do with wheel size, "gearing", et c. A different opener might have done the job in seventeen. The awareness beforehand that it would take exactly twenty-three turns to open the tin was strong: so it is possible this might at some level have made it a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Continuing my work coincidences.

Today I saw an account in our database, one lien below the account I was working on, where the account holder had the same initial and surname of a cousin of mine.
Not a usual name, (but not excessively rare either.)

A cousin whom I was scheduled to talk to tonight.

Duh!

Quite clearly MsP is not referring to the dried fruit but to the daughters of a sultan!
In her dream she was arranging some sort of staged event like a play, and the front row was reserved for the nobility.
The seats in the middle were specifically for the young ladies, so that they could get a good view.
Hence the phrase "Don't forget the sultanas, they go in the middle of..." needs to be completed with "...the front row".
You have a very vivid imagination Trev.

That message was meant for me. I'm supposed to be baking this week and will need sultanas. :wink2:
Well that's all well and good, but if you'd kindly do your own shopping list in the future, it'll mean I'm not awoken in the depths of the night with a psychic message reminder meant for you. At the very least I think I'm owed a large slice of what you're baking.

Well that's all well and good, but if you'd kindly do your own shopping list in the future, it'll mean I'm not awoken in the depths of the night with a psychic message reminder meant for you. At the very least I think I'm owed a large slice of what you're baking.
Talk to your missus then, it's not my fault if she doesn't wear her tinfoil hairnet.

This is a very famous commercial, one of several done by Claymation - move figures a little bit and photograph them then move them a little more and... Won all kinds of awards. I think they're cute.
Indeed, like the 'Fast Show' sketch

This is a very famous commercial, one of several done by Claymation - move figures a little bit and photograph them then move them a little more and... Won all kinds of awards. I think they're cute.
You could buy plastic figures of the California Raisins. I bought some for the kids who thought they were great. Plenty for sale on eBay.

I was going to ask. I've never heard that one before. And for the record, the only prunes I've had were tinned ones, and I wasn't keen.
I think they only come in tins, I've never seen them in any other form.

I tried prunes because they're good for your heart, but I'm not a huge fan of plums, so the dried version didn't do much for me. They're not a taste sensation, put it that way, but I wouldn't turn them down if offered.

Back