• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I've done some screen capturing.

Regarding the household paper going airborne. There's something there. First you see the first screen capture with a relatively clear image. On the second screen capture from when the household paper is going airborne you can see something around it which makes the area seem unclear.

View attachment 1124 View attachment 1125

The original video:

The paper is blurred out when it moves, possibly tampered with? The dogs are looking at their owner near then end and get perturbed because the owner is trying to manipulate them to get a response for camera, something they are not used to.

I am personally somewhat skeptical about this film...

Who, with a brain, wouldn't be? Such films are ten a'penny and, obviously, ridiculously easy to make.

Levitate me one of them dogs and I might be interested.

The paper is blurred out when it moves, possibly tampered with? The dogs are looking at their owner near then end and get perturbed because the owner is trying to manipulate them to get a response for camera, something they are not used to.
The area around it is blurred. Perhaps some video manipulation to remove hands pushing it, carrying it etc-

So we have a couple of options.

Firstly, somebody made a fun little video with things moving about, making it appear to be something paranormal.

Or, secondly - a spirit of the dead decided to return to open a door, lift up some kitchen roll and "unsettle" a few dogs.

Yes and this is really the crux of the issue with so much "evidence": Why? If this stuff is what we can look forward to after our transition out of this life (or as a roshi I know says, "after our karma has suffered a drastic transformation") then what the heck is going on? I'm supposed to spend eternity opening closet doors, scaring poor little dogs, and tossing around paper towels? Can't I think of something more rewarding? Makes me think that even when the evidence is credible - and we all have our credibility borders, but I have seen stuff that I don't understand - the performers are not in fact ghosts of humans but really a separate kind of entity doing something that we humans find incomprehensible. I wish they were more interested in communicating.

Yes but what if it wasn't a leisure activity but going 'I'm here someone acknowledge me'. What if you didn't know you were dead and people kept ignoring you? Wouldn't you slam a few doors then?

It's like the idea of ghosts at cemeteries, you'd have to lack imagination not to go and haunt somewhere more fun.

Oh and levitating dogs still wouldn't be believable unless you witness it yourself and there I think I've got to the crux. We won't totally believe any of these unless we were actually there and saw them with our own eyes (and even then maybe not).

Well no. I would use all that energy and pick up a pen and find some paper. I would take the time to really learn how to play the banjo and be thankful not to have to be social any more. I would pet cats. But of course, if I were not human these might not be priorities.

I'm supposed to spend eternity opening closet doors, scaring poor little dogs, and tossing around paper towels? Can't I think of something more rewarding?

Excellently put. Always been my issue with so many reports of "ghostly" phenomena. Is there genuinely nothing better to do than tapping walls, opening and closing doors, chucking things about? Why would a spirit of the dead need to be "spooky"? Why would it need to creep about in graveyards being all moody and enigmatic? Why not just stroll into the pub or the bookies?

Jesting aside...for me, it kinda proves that it's all a human invention. It fits in with our ideas that spirits of the dead must behave in a spooky manner. It satisfies the possibility of never being able to have any decent evidence that they must be enigmatic and "ghostly".

Heres my theory (an understanding of multi-dimensional-envelopes or planes is needed on this forum)

Imagine an onion. Its one solid object thats made up of many skins that sit tightly together. Imagine the outer skin as representing `here`. The skin directly underneath is the place we see as death/afterlife/unknown etc. Now the gel that holds these two layers together doesnt support life - as we know it. My theory is this, the gel is a space between spaces that certain deceased peeps remain in - these are you wall tappers, object hurlers etc. They are simply trying to cling to our outer skin or plane of reality. They dont wish to naturally move on simply because they fear what they will find due to their previous life's actions on earth.

So there you have it :) Everything is an onion - life, universe and everything.

Did this baby monitor just capture a orb?

'Ghost' filmed floating over baby's cot as shocked dad checks on his 8 week-old daughter. The recording, taken by a baby monitor, shows a misty white light appearing in the top left hand part of the screen before a distinctive white orb-shape begins to float over baby Rosie.

Did this baby monitor just capture a orb?

'Ghost' filmed floating over baby's cot as shocked dad checks on his 8 week-old daughter. The recording, taken by a baby monitor, shows a misty white light appearing in the top left hand part of the screen before a distinctive white orb-shape begins to float over baby Rosie.
I used the same effect for a pop video at college ... I'm not sure what kind of equipment was used to create this video, we would point a camera at a TV screen and get the same warping effect including the wavy lines evident in this video. We'd also get that sudden pulsing zoom towards the camera white blob effect although we were pointing a VHS cassette camera pointed at a TV screen. The effect ( and wavy lines) came out exactly the same. I doubt this is paranormal, I think it's jut visual feedback ..

I used the same effect for a pop video at college ... I'm not sure what kind of equipment was used to create this video, we would point a camera at a TV screen and get the same warping effect including the wavy lines evident in this video. We'd also get that sudden pulsing zoom towards the camera white blob effect although we were pointing a VHS cassette camera pointed at a TV screen. The effect ( and wavy lines) came out exactly the same. I doubt this is paranormal, I think it's jut visual feedback ..

Cheers Jim.

What if the ghosts aren't spirits of the dead but tricksters? And we all know who liked to make fake videos to entertain the public... our old friend Jeremy Beadle. Or Allen Funt if you're American, he's dead too.

What if the ghosts aren't spirits of the dead but tricksters? And we all know who liked to make fake videos to entertain the public... our old friend Jeremy Beadle. Or Allen Funt if you're American, he's dead too.
I've sometimes wondered that if ghosts do indeed exist, what if they weren't (as we traditionally assume) restricted only to the time they were alive to now but also could go backwards in time .. so if I died tomorrow, could my ghost spirit decide to go and haunt someone in the middle ages for example?. I haven't been smoking anything funny before anyone asks.

My name's Swifty but you're welcome ... the video's questionable.

Soz mate, I have to admit I was testing that name on you as part of an experiment. Ive found it works fine on elderly men for some unknown reason, but not on younger blokes.

They dont wish to naturally move on simply because they fear what they will find due to their previous life's actions on earth.

So they open and shut doors when there's nobody about. Chuck kitchen roll about and mildly trouble dogs.

Gotcha :)

:p

So they open and shut doors when there's nobody about. Chuck kitchen roll about and mildly trouble dogs.

Gotcha :)

:p

Nah, they are the ones who hated house work. Theres so many categories of spooks including (I think) those that tidy up for you too :)

Presumably not. You wouldn't be dead yet :)

Skin up mate.
Have you got any skins ? .. George nicked all of mine ..

Why couldn't you haunt the future btw? .. if you're dead and ghosts aren't in fact just bullshit, it's no less weird to suggest they could haunt the future than haunt the past. I mean, the whole notion of someone returning after they've died is absurd to start with so why can't spirits slide around in time if it's true? ...

Have you got any skins ? .. George nicked all of mine ..

Why couldn't you haunt the future btw? .. if you're dead and ghosts aren't in fact just bullshit, it's no less weird to suggest they could haunt the future than haunt the past. I mean, the whole notion of someone returning after they've died is absurd to start with so why can't spirits slide around in time if it's true? ...

Yeh and Swifty drank all the milk again.

Doesnt Quantum Theory propose the time is in fact an illusion - a way of measuring light and dark. In fourth dimensional reality "time" isnt available, your left with a frame or reference point that you can rewind/fast forward. So since ghosts are clearly not in our reality but another - time doesnt effect them.

Now Swifty, "chill Bill" if all of thats way too much mate. I got a carrier bag for life thats full of tinnies here for you :)

Im now nipping back to the shop for some milk. :mad:

Back