• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

What's interesting about the image from a weirdness perspective is that it is clearly a real face, not a simulacrum, but that it is not overdone or part of a spooky scenario. If it's a fake it is one of the more intelligent hoaxes.

On the downside I don't believe ghosts show themselves in photographs but still a compelling image of its type.

Has anyone noticed in the new pic, the very large mirror to the left?

Strangely. not until you mentioned it, it's only when you pick up the reversed letters at the top you peg it's not some sort of cabinet.

Also, looking at the scale in the larger pic, and guessing that the shelves are not so high that most women couldn't reach the top one, that's a very small 'spook', as it's head is only partway up the 3rd shelf.

coaly said:
Yes you're right, I think in the original picture, the women are standing in front of it.

It looks like a small torch light being shined upon the far right wall to me. It even illuminates the floor, by reflection.

Mods, could you possibly change the title of the other "Possible ghost pic"? As this one is older, and has the same title.(Just so no one gets confused.) :)

I have to agree with coaly, there is no doubt whatsoever that this is a torch. The reflection on the floor even gets distorted with distance and behind the torch I can see some movement. How come this was filmed in the first place?

There are several things about that video clip: it's very low-res, it's full of compression artifacts, and there are a lot of frames missing (a bit like time-lapse photography). It is pretty obvious that there is someone behind the door, moving a torch about.

So the whole 'outside wall' behind the girls is actually looking into the room into a mirror showing us the outside wall? And the low camera angle is obscuring the reflection of the back of the girls and the photographer?

It would explain why the camera person didn;t see Mrs Hinge, as she's actually behind the photographer, who is making an effort not to catch themselves in the mirror too?

There's a big problem with that... None of the signs are the wrong way round, and it's in a different part of the frame.

Here's an approximation of where the head was. (Different scaling, and camera angle made it difficult.)
ghostface6.jpg

There's a big problem with that... None of the signs are the wrong way round, and it's in a different part of the frame.

Can you actually make out any text in the original pic well enough to say it isn;t a mirror image? It all looks a bit jehgiuehughe to me.

Also we don;t know if this mirror that the OP says wasn't there that we can all see can be moved.

Perhaps it is a ghost mirror. Or she's having us on. :?

No, the designer who features strongly in the salon, has her name in at least two places, both the right way round, as in here. (My apologies for filling in the faces, it's less distracting!) :D
ghostface_7.jpg

That would look the same if the mirror image was flipped and the girl was left handed.

It's very hard to say though, as the area does seem to have changed a lot from when the photo was taken. Perhaps it is just a mystery.

Hi there!

Long time reader, short-time subscriber and just recently found the forums :) Having a blast!

Having said that, I know how much we all like to speculate and how we all like a good mystery to wrap our lobes around - but im afraid I may have to burst your bubble on this one as it is my opinion that this image has indeed been tampered with.

Please dont mistake me, I am not calling the OP a liar, something could have happened between the picture being taken and printed that is genuinely explainable in a different way, this is just my opinion, take it or leave it.

imageun.jpg

This is the picture moderately exposed. Ive noted this one as the yellow glowing contour that hugs the bodies of the other two people stops abruptly between the womans shoulder and the "disembodied" head.
I believe this I can explain.

imageun1.jpg

Here is a close up of it. I believe this is a feather radius colour OR an artifact of a superimposed blur.
Also, where the "disembodied" head's mouth is, it overlaps the womans ear very slightly.

Number one:

Note the Pixelation at the bottom of this "Disembodied" head. Where the chin rounds, it blurs and suddenly solidifies into a straight line.
Also note worthy is something I cant explain - look to the left of the white box where the womans face should be and you will see two very small, yet precise exclaimation marks.

Number 2:

This I believe is a feather/blur radius - I appologise for my crude circles here - it abruptly stops. There is no gradient fade - it just finishes as if the picture put there is smaller than the origonal it is being put on.
Also note worthy here - look at the womans hair line where she meets the "Disembodied" head - the orange contour is the exposure line, you can see where the head over-laps the tips of her spiked hair.

imageun12.jpg

This is the image inverted (with the circles removed) - it is easier to see the feather/blur radius and the over-lapped parts of her hair. Also the exclaimation marks are more pronounced - if anyone can explain that, let me know, im baffled.

imageun123.jpg

This is the image equalized and inverted. It is easier to see the feather/blur radius and if you look at the "Disembodied" head you will notice that part of the face below the eye socket seems to be missing - it is a little jut that I cannot put down entirely to pixelation.

I believe this same effect can be acheived by using the clone tool in a photo-editing program and carfully trying to place one picture besides another.
This would, however, cause an obvious over-lapping effect that can only be reduced by using the blur tool and tracing the contour of the image. In this case, the "disembodied" head is from a smaller picture, hence why the edge abruptly stops and does not fade into the background.

Themadwatcher, congratulations on your hard work! I didn't want to rock the boat, or accuse anyone, but I knew, bare faced fact, that the image was highly manipulated, not particularly by the poster, but by someone in-between, as the face is "unfinished" but in a digital manner. The contrasting inteferance, out of line with the rest of the image, forces one to come to this conclusion. It's all too easy for someone to "test" the powers of persuation in these instances, and when faced with such contradictions of logic, understanding, and claim, it's not unforgivable for one to not to point the finger at meddling. :?
On further inspection, I found myself at odds with some of the claims, but, I truly do believe the original poster is innocent of manipulation, or any other fabrication. What I do believe, however, is that the image is a PS job.
Sorry. :(

coaly said:

Since the madwatcher has blown this whole thing wide open, my own point seems a little inconsequential now. But I will add it anyway. There's been much talk about the mirror on the left. Well, I'm not sure it is a mirror. I think it's an advertising stand with a banner at the top spelling out something that begins with "abetl....." or possibly the first letter is hidden by the border. It's just you are seeing it from reverse. It's a glassy glitzy one of the type that is part and parcel of cosmetic concession stands. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in...

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate your hard work on trying to determine if this is indeed a ghost or something weird. Some of your explanations have left me thinking, "what is this person talking about??", as I know very little about photo manipulation.

However, I would like to clear up a couple of things. These are the facts as I know them:

1. This picture was taken on a digital camera, processed immediately in the store photo lab and then the pics were haphazardly tossed in a drawer, where recently one of the employees looked at them and noticed this "anomoly".
To my knowledge, this photo has never been tampered with or photo-shopped as the time-line of the events I just wrote here do not allow for that to occur.

2. The mirror in the left of the pic is a large built-in stationary mirror which can never be moved. Based on where it is positioned, it is not possible for it to reflect anything in the area where the floating head appears.

3. The yellowish blob, as I previously mentioned, is Lise Watier products. They are neon yellowy green tubes that hold lip moisturizer. Since the floating head pic was taken, these items have been moved further to the right on the shelf. Themadwatcher has this circled in one the pics, but I assure you this is skincare products and nothing else.

4. I love a ghost as much as the next person, and I suppose we'll never know if this is or not, but I would testify that I have never done anything to manipulate this picture...I wouldn't even know how!

Thanks to everyone for their input...it IS interesting to try to figure out what it could be.

P.S. I will re-photograph the neon yellowy-greeny Lise watier product on the shelf to show you what it looks like in a better photo. I will post it tomorrow night...I don't work today! :)

Redhead666 said:
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate your hard work on trying to determine if this is indeed a ghost or something weird. Some of your explanations have left me thinking, "what is this person talking about??"
That's exactly what I thought, a case of over analization.

redhead, i do not think anybody is saying you manipulated the image,but they are saying it was changed before you got hold of it?

I think it's probably only a glitch, TBH.

re: Original picture
I can see what looks like a girl in a skirt. Her head goes just above the outlined portion further down on page one. It looks like a double exposure would. Very light compared to the main picture.
re: video
The weird thing in that video is at :47 when something moves out of the doorway past the camera to its right. I was thinking that the light was odd, but looked like an insect, and saw that at :47.

re the video

It looks like time lapse which could be why things are moving very rapidly, making them difficult to identify. The illumination is low, leading to artefacts. Is it infrared or light intensifier?

Well, a child walking up the wall backwards in front of apparently reliable witnesses would tend to convince me, too!

"[He] had the weird grin on his face and began to walk backwards while the grandmother was holding his hand and he walked up the wall backwards while holding the grandmother's hand and he never let go.

"He flipped over and landed on his feet in front of the grandmother and sat down in the chair."

I've never understood the point of all this.

I mean, if the boy's hands turned into fiery Aramaic speaking lobsters, or he started to fart vampire bats, then I'd get the message - but this constant gymnastic showboating makes the devil look suspiciously like a closet break-dancer.

(Also, I hope he let go of his grandmother's arm at some point in the above procedure - or is he also channeling Bruce Lee?)

Back