Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
That looks... flat. Like it's a cardboard cutout or something propped against the window for Halloween.
It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing.

I agree about the resemblance to John Lennon - the same thing struck me at first glance. However, it appears the nose doesn't quite match Lennon's.

The garment appears to be an Eastern Orthodox or Slavic cassock. My first guess is that it might be some sort of poster related to a special event or perhaps the Hotel Wassilioff's history (it was founded by a Russian in the 19th century).

That's all I can offer without additional clues ...

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing.

I agree about the resemblance to John Lennon - the same thing struck me at first glance. However, it appears the nose doesn't quite match Lennon's.

The garment appears to be an Eastern Orthodox or Slavic cassock. My first guess is that it might be some sort of poster related to a special event or perhaps the Hotel Wassilioff's history (it was founded by a Russian in the 19th century).

That's all I can offer without additional clues ...
I was thinking of a cardboard cutout of Rasputin, but hasn't found a similar photo yet. On the other hand why use a photo of him and not a woman?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I was thinking of a cardboard cutout of Rasputin, but hasn't found a similar photo yet. On the other hand why use a photo of him and not a woman?
The Rasputin angle occurred to me, too, but ... I can't find any photograph of Rasputin in which his hair extends lower than his beard. There have been a number of actors portraying Rasputin who've exhibited such long hair, but I can't prove these longer hair lengths are "authentic".

Also, Rasputin's hair was fairly straight and not as thick as the image's.

The hair is a lot more like Lennon, but I can't find a photo of Lennon in which his hair is quite so long as the image's.

It's definitely a 2D image (e.g., a poster) in the window rather than a 3D entity visible through the window. That much is pretty evident from the lighting and shadowing...
The figure also completely obscures the internal window recess (LH from our POV), which means it must be in front of it - therefore a flat image on more or less the same plane as the glass, tucked up to the vertical edge of the window.

I too see a male, and my initial thought was some sort of religious garb. Scandinavia is, I believe, home to a few bizarre religious sects; I wondered if the hotel might have been hired for an event, and this might be some sort of promotional material - a fomex pop up, or something like that. (It also reminds me a little of Ian Anderson, of Jethro Tull - even more of the Aqualung tramp.)

Much more frightening to me is the phantom Moomin in the adjacent pane of glass - that'll keep me up all night.

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
Haunting moment Second World War ventriloquist doll BLINKS | SWNS TV

Haunting video footage has captured the creepy moment a ventriloquist doll locked in a glass box appears to blink and move its mouth. The clip was filmed by spooked collector Michael Diamond, from Liverpool, who said he has “no explanation” for why 1940s dummy Mr Fritz appears to move on its own. Filmed at his home during the early hours of September 20, the 48-year-old’s footage shows the glass door of the Second World War doll’s cage swing open. This video was shot on the 20th September 2019. Welcome to SWNS TV.

lorac61469

Junior Acolyte
I’ve seen it explained by a friend on another message board as an optical illusion...

“I went through the alleged little girl footage frame by frame at the segment you mentioned and what you are seeing is the wide angle lens distortion created by the slats in the staircase banister with the child barrier at the top of the stairs. When you introduce the forward motion from the cam, it creates an optical illusion. Judge for yourself with the three frames I have included. The third frame helped me identify the child barrier found shortly after the key frame in question“

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45985&hl=+watts++house

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
I’ve seen it explained by a friend on another message board as an optical illusion...

“I went through the alleged little girl footage frame by frame at the segment you mentioned and what you are seeing is the wide angle lens distortion created by the slats in the staircase banister with the child barrier at the top of the stairs. When you introduce the forward motion from the cam, it creates an optical illusion. Judge for yourself with the three frames I have included. The third frame helped me identify the child barrier found shortly after the key frame in question“

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45985&hl=+watts++house
That does not attempt to explain the second alleged ghost girl at around the 10 minute mark, nor the police officers hearing a girl's laugh in the closet and commenting to each other on it (though I'm inclined to believe that is probably a toy making the sound).

dejanmikic

Ephemeral Spectre
My first ghost photo :) been to local zoo on Saturday with the kids. Nothing extraordinary happened - we snapped a hundreds of photos as usual. But then when we looked through them - we saw this!!!
Think I figured this one out yesterday... Went back to the same spot and there was a small plexiglass thing in front of the animals. The plexiglass thing was really small and thin I really did not see that at the time I took the photo. But I saw it now...
My thinking was that at the same time I took the photo there was a girl pressing her face to the glass.
So this has to be a mixture of my photo and her reflections. The morphing looked so perfect and it had me by surprise.

This one is solved!!

Last edited: