• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Yes, it's not very well organised is it?

There's another Pinterest board here:

http://www.pinterest.com/GhostGirlz/the-paranormal-community-board/

which will likely suffer from the same problem. You can pin from anywhere, so the only thing you can hope for is that the pics link back to a decent site.

One of their latest pins says something about Warning: This photo is haunted.

I am not looking to see in what way, although it apparently moves. (Unless it's a GIF). Even faked ghost photos can bother me - ever since I stumbled onto that famous Newborough church 'ghost' pic when I was ten. Talk about scarred! So I tend not to study them long enough to see if I think they are fake or not :? [/url]

Oh, I did see that one about the mummified serial killer on display. Following those boards means these images crop up just when you're browsing past pictures of gardens and mountains :shock:

LINK

Watch chilling footage of 'ghost' caught on CCTV at one of UK's oldest pubs

Staff at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton spotted the spooky spectre when they checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am

Spooked staff at one of the oldest pubs in Britain believe they have caught a ghost on CCTV.

The chilling footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.

Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.

"I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it has stopped working," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"We checked the footage and it revealed this figure.

"To be honest I was a bit concerned - I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to ghosts but you become more of a believer when you see things like that."

The pub, which dates from 1251, is the fourth-oldest pub in Britain and is reputedly haunted by the Seventh Earl of Derby, James Stanley.

The royalist, whose family originally owned the inn, is said to have spent the last hours of his life there before he was beheaded in 1651 towards the end of the Civil War.

The chair he sat in before he was taken outside and executed is still in the pub today - and some say so is he.

Hundreds of soldiers and civilians were also killed outside the pub in the Bolton Massacre of 1644.

With such a bloody history, it has long been considered a hotspot for paranormal activity and a psychic evening held there in 2006 reportedly found it to be haunted by at least 25 spirits.

Among them is said to be a woman who hung herself in the cellar several centuries ago as well as an eight-year-old girl and a phantom dog.

"There have always been rumours it is haunted and we've had psychic readings done here in the past," said Tony.

"Occasionally you hear things and wonder if it's just the building settling down or whether it's something else.

"It's the fourth-oldest pub in Great Britain so it's had its fair share of deaths and whatnot."

If it's fake its a nice play in the flickering ghost idea....

I've just purchased Cyril Permutt's Beyond the Spectrum, all about ghost photography.

It's old but in brand-new condition. Full of woefully poor fake ghost photos. :lol:

An interesting picture for your perusal....

Soldier's ghost caught in camera?

Email received with photograph, July 8th 2014:

" Last Friday evening, we were at the 4th of July fireworks on Fort Stewart, GA. We sat in a parking lot with just a few other people, only a few hundred feet away from Warrior's Walk, which is a place around the parade field that has hundreds of trees, each planted for a fallen soldier. I was snapping pics of my grand daughter playing and running with the 2 young boys of the man in the light blue shirt. The pics came out a little blurry because the kids were running and it was dusk, but when I went through to delete them, I came upon this shot! My daughter-in-law was right next to me watching me delete the shots and saw the figure the same time I did. I cropped it down and immediately shared it with the gentleman in light blue and the few other people with us in the parking lot. There was NO ONE walking past or standing there when I took the shot... How can I find out if this is truly a spirit I captured?"

Next email below, replying to questions: (1) were you outside when taking the photo? (not inside looking through glass - there may have been a reflection, and (2) do you have any other photos taken before and after the one you sent?

"To answer your question, yes, I was outside. I was sitting in a chair just like the man in the blue shirt, getting ready to watch the fireworks. All of us sat in a parking lot across the street from the gym. Unfortunately, I had already deleted the other pictures I took before this one - but I honestly believe "he" was not in those. I am confident that I would have noticed before deleting. I am sending you the one I took AFTER I took this shot however. I took that to see if something would show up again, but as you can see, nothing."

http://www.strangeoccurrencesparanormal.weebly.com/blog/soldiers-ghost-caught-in-camera...sorry can't get the link to work properly.

Someone walking past without the photographer noticing? Doesn't explain the lack of colour though....and it just doesn't look like it's in the right location given the perspective of the picture.... :?

Are we talking about the silhouette of the tree in the middle?

They're not entirely succeeding in striking the tongue-in-cheek tone they're seemingly going for, but at the very least it's interesting that the spontaneous shattering of the glass door is caught on CCTV.

See the spooky CCTV footage as a glass cabinet door shatters into a thousand pieces - did a spirit just bump its head?

This creepy video shows a glass cabinet door shatter into thousands of tiny pieces in an empty auction house.

Nobody was around when the ghostly action kicked-off at Barnsley Auction Centre, South Yorkshire.

But CCTV cameras captured the spooky moment a glass cabinet door left open suddenly smashed, sending tiny pieces of glass flying across the room.

There is clearly nobody in the room that could have caused it, but in a freeze frame just before the shattering, floating blue orbs seem to appear on screen.

The resident ghosts didn't even wait until nightfall to start their ghoulish behaviour, with the camera showing the action happened at 4.42pm in the afternoon.

And we thought it was only in the night when things went bump? Not in Barnsley, clearly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... es-4285860

kmossel said:
They're not entirely succeeding in striking the tongue-in-cheek tone they're seemingly going for, but at the very least it's interesting that the spontaneous shattering of the glass door is caught on CCTV.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... es-4285860
The URL wasn't found because you left an unquote tag on the end.
I sorted that by putting in a space, as above, and now the page loads, but not the video! (Might just be my browser, I suppose...)

Ghost caught on camera at Espanola police station, officer says

On Saturday Officer Karl Romero was keeping an eye on surveillance cameras around the station when he spotted something in the sally port. A sally port is a controlled gate or passage in a fortified place.

Romero said what he saw looked like a ghost walking across the lot, right through cages and a gate.

He reported it to his supervisors.

Detectives said there is no way in or out of the secured area without the gates opening and an alarm sounding. Police said they hear strange noises and see unexplained images in the lobby of the building, too.

Action 7 News asked Detective Solomon Romero if he thought the image was a ghost.

“I do believe in ghosts -- I don’t know (what exactly was on the video), but we’ve had some unsolved murders in the area,” Romero said.

Police said as far as they know the building is not on a burial ground and no inmates have ever died at the police station.
http://www.koat.com/news/ghost-caught-o ... s/28236272

eburacum said:
Is no-one else thinking 'spider'?

To be honest I was thinking indistinguishable white blob....but spider works for me too.

So many artefacts on that it looks like a technical hitch, don't ask me what, though. I'm not sure the chap in the hat really is looking at the "figure".

No matter how much I watched, I couldn't see anything.
Too many compression artefacts and too much fuzziness.

I came across an interesting old ghost photo today which I don't remember ever being posted/discussed in the forums. The photo was taken in Batlow, New South Wales in 1932 by a guy named Reg Jones.

Untitled_1.png

And here's the video where I originally saw the photo; it an interesting story.

Back