• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Nail on head GNC, but I don't think it's helped by posters spamming tabloid ghost pics and the last two pages here reflect a similar "debate" that I was engaged in back in May.

On this board I think most of us enjoy a good anomaly. You can tell the good ones as the provoke debate as people try to figure out what they are seeing. It's like IHTM when we offer our opinions of some strange incident that has occured to a poster.

People get upset when they've posted something that other people reject, particularly if folk start teasing the poster. I get that and will be mindful of that in future.

If I think though that a photo of a ghost is someone dressed in a sheet or a trick of the light that doesn't make me a debunker, a sceptic, or nasty or on the wrong forum. It just means that I can see it isn't a ghost.

I don't get the idea that just because that spirit staring out of a window is in fact a curtain that I've lost the Fortean Moral Highground somehow?

Particularly when the poster takes offense and withdraws from debate then how can we debate a photos authenticity? I mean that sort of goes against the whole point of us being here?

I don't know what to suggest to be honest, I adore ghost pics and have since I was little, but I think this thread has lost it's purpose.

When the poster finds someone following them on a "its not what you think it is George" spree around the forum, you dont get upset, you get angry - you start to feel singled out. Especially when that someone then teams up with his long term friend here (not GNC) to follow me around the forum having their fun and liking each others often cold replies to my posts.

I may be wrong but it seems to always be me in the ghost thread that gets singled out by at least 3 long term members ...whilst other posters dont receive the same treatment. Many others here view my posts and then share an interest or simply move on. So I must be doing something right here. So I hope that your not pointing a finger at me Felid with regards to your assumption that this thread has lost it purpose.

Thats all, your back on IGNORE. Who knows, we may chat again maybe in the summer of 2016 :D

The trouble is these days it's far too easy to fake a ghost picture, anyone could do it.

I've attached a picture that's one of my favourites, it's from the Ghost Caught on Film book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 41
The trouble is these days it's far too easy to fake a ghost picture, anyone could do it.

I've attached a picture that's one of my favourites, it's from the Ghost Caught on Film book.

That ones like summit out of the Twilight Zone :eek::D

church ghost.jpg

You can have a shot at this one. I've linked to it before, but I'll post it directly this time. This was taken sometime around March of 2004, on an analogue camera. This copy is a scan of the original.

It was a dry and clear night, and I was taking some photos of friends in the courtyard of our apartments when suddenly we got the creeps. We all felt it and commented on it. "gee, it's suddenly creepy out here!" It felt like what is commonly described of as a "presence". This had happened more than once in the past, so I was prepared. I turned the camera toward where the "presence" seemed to be located and took the photo. This is what showed up when the film was developed.

FYI - it's the fuzzy, foggy bits that are of interest here. The background shows a bit of one of the buildings with windows, part of a tree, a balcony support, a couple of porch lights. These were in the other photos, too, nothing unusual about them. That cloud-like thing in front, though - that's the weird thing.

All the other photos taken that night were perfectly clear, with the exception of one that showed a halo of light around the head of one of my friends. That one was taken immediately before we got the creeps and I took the photo above.

I call it a ghost because that's honestly what it felt like at the time. I have no idea what it really is. There was something there that spooked us all at once though, that's why I took a photo of what was basically an empty space. What caused us to feel that way is a matter of debate, I suppoise.

View attachment 1158

You can have a shot at this one. I've linked to it before, but I'll post it directly this time. This was taken sometime around March of 2004, on an analogue camera. This copy is a scan of the original.

It was a dry and clear night, and I was taking some photos of friends in the courtyard of our apartments when suddenly we got the creeps. We all felt it and commented on it. "gee, it's suddenly creepy out here!" It felt like what is commonly described of as a "presence". This had happened more than once in the past, so I was prepared. I turned the camera toward where the "presence" seemed to be located and took the photo. This is what showed up when the film was developed.

FYI - it's the fuzzy, foggy bits that are of interest here. The background shows a bit of one of the buildings with windows, part of a tree, a balcony support, a couple of porch lights. These were in the other photos, too, nothing unusual about them. That cloud-like thing in front, though - that's the weird thing.

All the other photos taken that night were perfectly clear, with the exception of one that showed a halo of light around the head of one of my friends. That one was taken immediately before we got the creeps and I took the photo above.

I call it a ghost because that's honestly what it felt like at the time. I have no idea what it really is. There was something there that spooked us all at once though, that's why I took a photo of what was basically an empty space. What caused us to feel that way is a matter of debate, I suppoise.

Thanks for sharing that Ulalume. I immediately saw two faces in the window and after altering the images colour appearance found a few questionable looking faces. I bet if you look at it long enough though you`ll find lots. :)
Image%201_zpsikdmz6ux.png

When the poster finds someone following them on a "its not what you think it is George" spree around the forum, you dont get upset, you get angry - you start to feel singled out. Especially when that someone then teams up with his long term friend here (not GNC) to follow me around the forum having their fun and liking each others often cold replies to my posts.

I may be wrong but it seems to always be me in the ghost thread that gets singled out by at least 3 long term members ...whilst other posters dont receive the same treatment. Many others here view my posts and then share an interest or simply move on. So I must be doing something right here. So I hope that your not pointing a finger at me Felid with regards to your assumption that this thread has lost it purpose.

Thats all, your back on IGNORE. Who knows, we may chat again maybe in the summer of 2016 :D

OK maybe someone will explain it to you as again you've retreated to the ignore function, which sort of illustrates what I'm saying. No debate,

I challenge Your posts as I find them hugely incongruent. You openly sneer at Derek Acorah and yet champion Simon Parkes, how is Parkes right and Acorah wrong? Tell me?

I asked you to explain your "theory' that shadow people are some form of time/alternative universe travelers, you didn't.

I pointed out that one of your shadow people you tube vids was created by light causing a silhouette - again no response. Even though another poster thought you were taking the piss out of her.

I wasn't going to mention it again, but your "Unmaking" youtube video that you found so fascinating was Anti-Semitic rubbish that could incite more delusional people into race hate. It really was horrible stuff.

Yes I do challenge you, because I don't like the way you spam stuff and get upset when someone asks you to back up what you've posted.

Finally - I don't have friends here. It's a MB.

I rarely start conversations with people, (about 15 conversations since 2004), and I rarely spam the profile posts thing on the front page.

Yes, it's true I want to have some Scottish action by having a torrid affair with Frides - but who doesn't???

Yes I was worried about Rynner and I hugely enjoy the posts of DP, Ula, Stu, Yith, Swifty, Shady, GT, Rammon, Myth, Mungo, Carlos, James, Timble, SCARG, Loc, Gray, GNC, the list is endless.

I'm not in a playground group out to bully you George. I just want you to stand by the stuff you post and not run away and get sh*tty.

Last edited:
I'm one of those that believes in ghosts, I just haven't worked out what they are yet. I'm fussy about photographs, hopefully with the aim of weeding out the few that genuinely can't be explained. As we call unidentified flying objects UFO's and not space ships, it would be a step forward IMO to call ghosts UWO's, unidentified walking objects .. irrespective of whether they're moving or not ..

My favourite all time UWO pic is the one with the guy in his car about to drive his wife off on their honeymoon with dead Mum ghost sat in the back with glowing eyes. The only anomaly in the pic that suggest it's fake is that if you look at the white scarf around 'Mum's' neck closely, it overlaps the door frame. A chilling picture though but why would he want to fake a pic of his recently deceased Mum into a picture of happiness and hope other than financial gain or a sick sense of humour ?

ghost in the car.jpg

So how was it debunked?

as always I can't find it! what I remember was that someone worked out that you can (allegedly) see glasses under the hood :)

which doesn't explain everything of course but.....

actually, maybe I'm rationalising this because I do find it so terrifying! :eek:

I thought someone had explained it as a fault with the developing chemicals?

My favourite all time UWO pic is the one with the guy in his car about to drive his wife off on their honeymoon with dead Mum ghost sat in the back with glowing eyes. The only anomaly in the pic that suggest it's fake is that if you look at the white scarf around 'Mum's' neck closely, it overlaps the door frame. A chilling picture though but why would he want to fake a pic of his recently deceased Mum into a picture of happiness and hope other than financial gain or a sick sense of humour ?

That new DVD of Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers has a look at that famous pic, and decides it's fake because the image of the deceased was plainly put on after the car and the man were snapped (she overlaps the door frame). Also, it should be noted his missus was a professional medium so could have been drumming up business.

However, you'll be delighted to learn the Newby ghost was pronounced by the experts to be authentic!

However, you'll be delighted to learn the Newby ghost was pronounced by the experts to be authentic!

I am fairly sure that "delight" isn't one of the emotions I have just experienced! :cry:

Please remind me which pic was the Newby ghost? ..

Back