• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Terrifying 'GHOST of elderly woman' watching over five-year-old boy learning to ride bike from mansion window

Prepare to be terrified:

Ghost1.jpg

Well, I'm convinced.

That people are able to make out incredible details, like the figure's gender and clothing details from a pretty low-quality pic. It could just as easily be a security guard wearing a white shirt and dark jacket.

I'm seeing an oldish balding man with a fag on & a mug of tea.

Stop it hunck...stoppit - we're terrified enough as it is.

Think of the children!! None of us will get a wink of sleep tonight.

(Damn - there goes another pair of underpants).

Its great to see that the person who took that 'ghostly' image adopted the paranormal investigator's maxim: "why settle for a rational explanation when a supernatural one will suffice?"

Its great to see that the person who took that 'ghostly' image adopted the paranormal investigator's maxim: "why settle for a rational explanation when a supernatural one will suffice?"

Because "Security guard spotted at window" doesn't get one a sensationalist spacefiller article in a dodgy tabloid. Wonder how much she got paid for the interview and footage?

I suppose this has been discussed before on this very long thread? But I rather feel that even if ghosts exist (which ok they might) then it's another thing entirely to expect them to be caught on camera. Then they'd have to have substance you could bounce photons off. And maybe they're not like that, maybe they're kind of hallucinations happening directly in a person's brain in response to Something Peculiar in the environment?? More like ESP. So that would discount every single photo ever taken. Which would be a shame. But it wouldn't surprise me when they're generally resolutely crap. (That ridiculous one with the holey sheet face at the altar though, I'll never get over that one).

I suppose this has been discussed before on this very long thread? But I rather feel that even if ghosts exist (which ok they might) then it's another thing entirely to expect them to be caught on camera. Then they'd have to have substance you could bounce photons off. And maybe they're not like that, maybe they're kind of hallucinations happening directly in a person's brain in response to Something Peculiar in the environment?? More like ESP. So that would discount every single photo ever taken. Which would be a shame. But it wouldn't surprise me when they're generally resolutely crap. (That ridiculous one with the holey sheet face at the altar though, I'll never get over that one).

Yup, my late father was a huge believer in ghosts/spirits but even he reckoned that they wouldn't photograph because, as you say, there's nothing for light to bounce off.

Yes but I believe that all ghosts aren’t the same thing. Like stone tape, spirits or indeed something projected from the brain. So maybe so photograph and others don’t.

I think the trouble is unless you took the picture yourself and 100% know the circumstances you’ll know it’s not fake. But no one else will they are all too easy to fake these days.

What has become popular in the last years is using Xbox Kinect sensors together with a PC and a computer program which reveals invisible ghosts. I guess the program creates stick figures based on temperatures in the room.

An example:

Last edited:
What has become popular in the last years is using Nintendo Kinect sensors together with a PC and a computer program which reveals invisible ghosts. I guess the program creates stick figures based on temperatures in the room.

An example:

Very interesting. I’m glad he’s taking a level headed approach to it.

Yup, my late father was a huge believer in ghosts/spirits but even he reckoned that they wouldn't photograph because, as you say, there's nothing for light to bounce off.
As a counter-example, though, my former next-door-neighbour reported a strange experience to me whereby her son could see - and record - ghostly shapes on his phone screen while he filmed in a cellar, but neither of them could see anything with the naked eye...

Back