• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Haunting moment Second World War ventriloquist doll BLINKS | SWNS TV

Haunting video footage has captured the creepy moment a ventriloquist doll locked in a glass box appears to blink and move its mouth. The clip was filmed by spooked collector Michael Diamond, from Liverpool, who said he has “no explanation” for why 1940s dummy Mr Fritz appears to move on its own. Filmed at his home during the early hours of September 20, the 48-year-old’s footage shows the glass door of the Second World War doll’s cage swing open. This video was shot on the 20th September 2019. Welcome to SWNS TV.

I've seen this police bodycam video from the Watts House on a couple youtube channels, with what is claimed to be a ghost girl early on, and later around the 10 minute mark

I've seen this police bodycam video from the Watts House on a couple youtube channels, with what is claimed to be a ghost girl early on, and later around the 10 minute mark

That's a good one. And it wasn't made by ghost hunters.

I’ve seen it explained by a friend on another message board as an optical illusion...

“I went through the alleged little girl footage frame by frame at the segment you mentioned and what you are seeing is the wide angle lens distortion created by the slats in the staircase banister with the child barrier at the top of the stairs. When you introduce the forward motion from the cam, it creates an optical illusion. Judge for yourself with the three frames I have included. The third frame helped me identify the child barrier found shortly after the key frame in question“

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45985&hl=+watts++house

I’ve seen it explained by a friend on another message board as an optical illusion...

“I went through the alleged little girl footage frame by frame at the segment you mentioned and what you are seeing is the wide angle lens distortion created by the slats in the staircase banister with the child barrier at the top of the stairs. When you introduce the forward motion from the cam, it creates an optical illusion. Judge for yourself with the three frames I have included. The third frame helped me identify the child barrier found shortly after the key frame in question“

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45985&hl=+watts++house
That does not attempt to explain the second alleged ghost girl at around the 10 minute mark, nor the police officers hearing a girl's laugh in the closet and commenting to each other on it (though I'm inclined to believe that is probably a toy making the sound).

My first ghost photo :) been to local zoo on Saturday with the kids. Nothing extraordinary happened - we snapped a hundreds of photos as usual. But then when we looked through them - we saw this!!!

Think I figured this one out yesterday... Went back to the same spot and there was a small plexiglass thing in front of the animals. The plexiglass thing was really small and thin I really did not see that at the time I took the photo. But I saw it now...
My thinking was that at the same time I took the photo there was a girl pressing her face to the glass.
So this has to be a mixture of my photo and her reflections. The morphing looked so perfect and it had me by surprise.

This one is solved!!

Last edited:
s**t... don't know how to end my quote... sorry folks.. my reply starts from "...Think I figured.."

Eyebrows have been raised at Lauriston Castle after a man shared a photo of a mysterious figure standing in one of the windows - when the building was believed to be empty.
Drew McAdam arrived at the 16th century attraction, in Davidson's Mains, on Saturday, prior to a show he was hosting for Magicfest.
While wandering the historical grounds, the magician took some photographs of the estate.
It was not until later, when Drew saw the images he had taken enlarged on his computer, that he noticed something in one of the photographs did not add up.
“On bringing them up on my computer, I was going to edit them a bit, but noticed the strangest thing - figure at one of the windows, who I swear was not there when I arrived.," he said.

RUxNODMxNjc5ODc=.jpg

(So... member of staff in costume, or cardboard cutout...?)

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....inburgh-landmark-causes-stir-internet-1360409

I'm a little skeptical of this one. The magician is hosting an event either at that venue or close by, so he might like the extra publicity this has given him. He also states that he believed the building was empty. Not that it was a fact. And the building is an historical attraction, so often these places have employees in period costume.

I believe that it is an employee of the place. Too bad the woman doesn't see her pic and notify the author of the article.

Looks almost like she/it was painted in the window.

Another disparity between what's in the photo and the magician's story is that the front entrance appears to be open with a placard in the front. Usually a placard is not in an entrance of a building unless it's open.

I tend towards the idea that it's a person. I cannot see depth on a 2D photo unless there are shadows or something. It's very grainy.

Vibration from traffic and the floor isn't quite level?

The girl in the castle is a real person. The guy who took the photo has a couple of others that show her in different positions, plus lights on in some of the rooms. The 3 day event had many people in period dress, including outfits just like her. There is even a photograph taken of the guy during his show and there’s a maid standing in the corner.

There is even a photograph taken of the guy during his show and there’s a maid standing in the corner.
Well that sounds like the clincher, doesn't it? Unless he wants to claim that she's a ghost watching his show.
I notice that in the article, the museum aren't actually quoted saying anything about the photo, they just say how it's a Super Place and does have some ghosts (as indeed any self respecting castle should). Because they'd only have to look at that photo to know it was Maureen in her usual period work get-up and not a phantom maid. But that'd be quite boring.
One is tempted to think it's a nice bit of self-publicity for the magician and the venue, both. And the ghost-loving public are happy to lap it up. So everyone's happy all round. Although I feel a bit weary.
(On reflection, I don't think ghosts are the sorts of things that can wind up on photographs. I don't think I'll ever see a ghost photo I believe in. What am I even doing on this this thread?!)

Back