• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

ls it French for “relaxing in a gentleman’s way”?
Well, certainly "main" means "hand", from the same root that gives us "manual" and, more convolutedly, "manipulation". But I am led to believe that this - or, at any rate, the analogous - manner of relaxation is not restricted to the spear side.

Last edited:
If there was a way of retrieving deleted I phone videos, I could have posted the footage an here and you could have let me know what you all think it was. Alas, without the footage I’ll have to try to explain it as best I can.

A few years back, some prat at the local council, decided it would be okay for workmen to resurface the main road that runs through my village. Fair enough I hear you say, but the work started at 9pm and went through to about 4am.

At 1.30 am frustrated by the lack of sleep, and angry that someone in the council would give permission for this to happen at that time of the night/morning, I decided to video the works on my I phone in order to forward the footage onto the council as a way of complaint.

I stood outside my front door dressed only in my boxers shorts, set my phone to video and started recording. From where I was recording, the main road could not be seen as it was screened by several mature trees and shrubs, in fact it was completely black as there was no moon that night, but I was more interested in capturing the actual noise of the works more than anything - I recorded for just over one minute then switched the phone off and went back to bed.

I viewed the footage the next morning when on my commute to work – this is what I saw.

A complete black screen (but the road works going on in the background was audible), when about 30 seconds into the clip a red light (a bit like a laser beam) darted across the screen from right to left. Then another laser like beam darted up from the bottom of the screen, then another red beam that also went across from right to left. Then two slower red beams came across from the left, hovered in the middle for a few seconds, before darting off back to the left. Finally two circular red lights came down very slowly from the top of the screen before disappearing – that was it

None of this was visible to the naked eye, and I did try filming this again over the course of the next few nights but nothing showed up.

We do have fireflies (or glow worms ) in the UK, but as far as I know they are flightless.

Any thoughts..?

I stood outside my front door dressed only in my boxers shorts, set my phone to video and started recording.

Any thoughts..?

Hmm. What kind of phone was it? Did it upload automatically to the cloud?
Best I can think of, short of it being a camera glitch, is insects being illuminated, say by an infrared light, and the camera seeing the infrared (which it shouldn't be able to do, phone cams have IR filters).
Were there absolutely no lights, not even one slightly visible through the trees, that could could a lens flare?

Were these lights precise little dots (perhaps as small as a pixel), or were they "blobs"?

Did they move in straight lines, or did they curve / zigzag during movement?

If they moved in straight lines, were these apparent paths strictly horizontal and vertical (within the frame of the image)?

Did you keep the phone fixed in one position (e.g., resting on a surface), or were you holding it "free" in your outstretched hand?

Did your phone cam have any built-in ranging or auto-focus capabilities?

Hmm. What kind of phone was it? Did it upload automatically to the cloud?
Best I can think of, short of it being a camera glitch, is insects being illuminated, say by an infrared light, and the camera seeing the infrared (which it shouldn't be able to do, phone cams have IR filters).
Were there absolutely no lights, not even one slightly visible through the trees, that could could a lens flare?

Hi Trib

This happened back in 2016, and back then I had an IPhone 4S

There was no light of any kind. I live rural and this happened in late August, so the trees and hedges that are just a few yards from my front door would have been in full bloom.

Rereading my post, I’ve decided it is a little longwinded. I’ll put it differently.

Imagine standing in a very dark room, with zero light source, and there is someone standing in front of you (that you can’t see) waving a lit cigarette around in the air – that sums it up a lot better than my previous post.

It’s a damn shame, that I accidently deleted it off my phone before I joint this forum, otherwise………….

Were these lights precise little dots (perhaps as small as a pixel), or were they "blobs"?

Did they move in straight lines, or did they curve / zigzag during movement?

If they moved in straight lines, were these apparent paths strictly horizontal and vertical (within the frame of the image)?

Did you keep the phone fixed in one position (e.g., resting on a surface), or were you holding it "free" in your outstretched hand?

Did your phone cam have any built-in ranging or auto-focus capabilities?

Hi Enola.

See my comment to Trib about someone waving a lit cigarette around, that’s how I would describe it.

The red lights were darting across the screen very quickly, apart from the 2 circular lights at the end, they moved slowly.

I was holding the phone just a few inches from my face and at no time could I hear (or feel) any insects buzzing around my head

Best I can think of, short of it being a camera glitch, is insects being illuminated, say by an infrared light, and the camera seeing the infrared
This sort of thing popped into my mind too, as phones do capture IR beams that we can't see. As this chap says with his excellent accent, "Normally, infra red light is totally invisible to human eye." He shows how you can check using a tv remote. (I think I'd listen to him reading terrifying eastern European folktales in that deadpan style)
Could there be something IR-emitting nearby? Even if it were quite far away? Eg we have a light that comes on automatically in our garden, when you walk near it, and I imagine that uses IR.
Who knows, and it may be thoroughly irrelevant, but that's what the story made me think of.

Another possibility : Sniper gnomes hiding in the trees. They hate having cameras pointed at them and the red dots are their laser sights as they aim at the phone.

combat-garden-gnomes-with-rifles-640x533.jpg

Some time in 1970s London, medium Gladys Hayter took a photo of her daughter Dawn's new car. When developed, they could clearly see a little girl sitting in the back seat. But they had no idea who she was.

I thought this photo (in the book Photographs of the Unknown) would be better known, but the only place it appears that I can find is on this page:
Rubbish reproduction

Not very clear, sorry. Anyone have any more background? I do know if there was no story around it, the picture would be unremarkable.

It's reminiscent of that other medium's car photo, the black and white one with her husband in the front seat and her dead mother appearing in the back seat, except no one knows who this girl could be. She does look quite 1970s from what you can discern.

It's reminiscent of that other medium's car photo, the black and white one with her husband in the front seat and her dead mother appearing in the back seat, except no one knows who this girl could be. She does look quite 1970s from what you can discern.
Mabel Chinnery, she wasn’t a medium she had been to visit her mother’s grave and she took the photo when she and her husband returned home. 1959.

Mabel Chinnery, she wasn’t a medium she had been to visit her mother’s grave and she took the photo when she and her husband returned home.

Are you sure she wasn't a medium? I seem to recall reading that she was (though handily can't remember where I read it).

Are you sure she wasn't a medium? I seem to recall reading that she was (though handily can't remember where I read it).
A quick google is not showing any references to her being a medium, happy to be proven wrong if anyone can come up with evidence? The event happened in Ipswich.

I might even be getting mixed up with the Hayter photo, but the memory plays tricks and all that.

From the comments on a youtube video of scary ghost videos is this post that gets at the truly scary parts of the videos:

2. " Poltergeist Activity....."
Never mind the strange bright light, or indeed the moving blinds mate.
I would have filled my jeans when the first large yellow arrows appeared out of nowhere.
As soon as the giant question marks materialised in the room I would have passed Ussain Bolt,had he but been striding past the house where all this took place.
You don't mess with question marks. : - (

Full credit to board member kamalktk for leading me to this KingFrostmare ghost videos channel ..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Ug_at-Omqpt6HerLJOWyQ

I frequent most of those youtube sites. That Chills guy sounds like Sean Penn's character in that old Animal House movie. lol

This one might very well be completely fake but for some reason the one of the cleaning lady really creeps me out. I can barely stand to watch it. :D

This one might very well be completely fake but for some reason the one of the cleaning lady really creeps me out. I can barely stand to watch it.
Oh, thank you for posting that. We need more West Riding representation in the media, and her short sequence about "me mam's an arse" or "not manning up, womanning up" could is pure Andrea Dunbar. (People think Alan Bennett can ventriloquise Yorkshire wit, but he's much more Harrogate than Buttershaw...)

Back