• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Don't think it's the same.

If you mean the location I tend to agree ... I'm not entirely sold on the location being the Janus Gate, even though that gate seems to match the mystery image better than any other arched structure on the church grounds.

If the mystery image is of the Janus Gate it was taken from inside the churchyard. If this is the case the stone wall should be clearly visible in the vicinity of the mystery figure, and I don't believe I see it in there.

The gateway opens immediately onto the Hickleton Road. I'm having a hard time convincing myself the vegetation on the other side of the road (from the gate) is the same background seen in the mystery photo.

Having said that ... I do suspect the 'naked walker' figure is a simulacrum. It might also be a distorted artifact caused by digital frame grabbing and a moving object.

I doubt we'll be able to determine much more without seeing the actual video from which the image was taken (and presumably cropped). It wouldn't surprise me if the mystery image was actually captured somewhere else on the adjacent estate's grounds. The news items merely say the couple captured the mystery image while visiting St. Wilfrid's. That doesn't necessarily mean the mystery image footage was captured on or within the church grounds proper.

If you mean the location I tend to agree ... I'm not entirely sold on the location being the Janus Gate, even though that gate seems to match the mystery image better than any other arched structure on the church grounds...

Yes, the external arches featured in the church itself seem to be gothic in shape - the only semicircular ones appear to be in entrances in the enclosure wall, but the others don't seem to be large enough, and to my mind the belt course and impost (or what could be interpreted as such in the blurred original) lines up quite well with the one visible in the image at #1696.

If the mystery image is of the Janus Gate it was taken from inside the churchyard. If this is the case the stone wall should be clearly visible in the vicinity of the mystery figure, and I don't believe I see it in there....

Hmm. Are the legs of the 'figure' (in the original image) not disappearing - somewhat fuzzily - into the line of the low stone wall? (It's worth pointing out that the road seems to be lower than the ground the POV side of the wall, therefore the wall on that side appears higher than it does from the POV)

...The gateway opens immediately onto the Hickleton Road. I'm having a hard time convincing myself the vegetation on the other side of the road (from the gate) is the same background seen in the mystery photo...

I'm assuming that all the vegetation visible in the original image was this side of the arch, not the other side of the road. (The apparently floating section by the left arm of the 'figure', being a lateral branch coming in from the side of the picture.)

If you mean - as I think you probably do - the darker mass framed by the arch, then it seems to me that if you look at the image posted at #1696 (which is not a million miles off the same angle as the original) you can see that the vegetation does seem darker, thicker - and maybe somewhat closer - than the streetview drive past suggests. (Of course this will also depend on other factors - like how much time separates the two images, if any tree-work had taken place in between, and at what time of year the images were captured etc)

(I know it signifies nothing - but I do love this shit.)

A mate took this picture at All Saint's Church in Santon, I've been there three times now, two nights ago being the coldest so far but I've never seen anyone's breath form inside the place and I'm one of the only smokers who investigates the place .. and I was there the night this picture was taken plus the photographer doesn't smoke .. none of us smoke inside the place

These weren't seen with the naked eye .. streaks on the lens?
View attachment 30625

View attachment 30626

View attachment 30628
Yes that's sort of stuff I would see in my old bedroom but it was more central formed....I wonder anyone on this forum can give any more info on the smoke.

A mate took this picture at All Saint's Church in Santon, I've been there three times now, two nights ago being the coldest so far but I've never seen anyone's breath form inside the place and I'm one of the only smokers who investigates the place .. and I was there the night this picture was taken plus the photographer doesn't smoke .. none of us smoke inside the place
I would be interested in other photos he's taken in similar light and time. That could possibly rule out camera flaws.

I would be interested in other photos he's taken in similar light and time. That could possibly rule out camera flaws.
I'll try and find some. Most of those will probably be on his facebook page: haunted santon church

Eddie's snaps:

asantonghost002.jpg

asantonghost003.jpg

Lightened up by one of his friends ..

asantonghost004.jpg

asantonghost006.jpg

asantonghost007.jpg

A daylight shot in the vestry ..

asantonghost008.jpg

Police chaplain films orbs in his home on security camera. Or is it possibly insects or bugs?

Police chaplain films orbs in his home on security camera. Or is it possibly insects or bugs?
A spot of condensation would pretty easily split like that.

Also he states he walked into the room watching the camera on his phone while he did so, and saw the image on the camera video. This would make it easy to determine the distance of the object from the camera, since it would be either between him and the camera, or behind him, and he could walk up to the camera to see when that changed.

Yes that's sort of stuff I would see in my old bedroom but it was more central formed....I wonder anyone on this forum can give any more info on the smoke.
Our team leader's a bit disorganised at the moment but I've just found this pic of me in her files in the same church 10/10/20 .. there's never any visible mist in that church .. the white lines down the front of my legs are just part of the design of the jeans I was wearing.

asantonmist001.jpg

Last edited:
I give credit to the arabian and chinese ghost hunters, when they see something, they run forward towards it. So many people from western countries run the other way.
I've also noticed that Russian ghost videos lean more heavily towards showing violent poltergeist activity, Arabian videos are more likely to show 'traditional' full human body apparitions and UK videos are more likely to capture sound anomalies and suggested orbs .. these seem to be the geographical 'trends' at the moment although not exclusively so. US and Arabian videos seem to be about equally focussed on 'demon' captures correlating with their more religion focussed cultures. I'm not sure what if any conclusions can be drawn from these patterns, sceptics will understandably focus on misidentification or outright fakery but perhaps paranormal phenomena does vary a bit depending on where you are? ..

Last edited:
I've also noticed that Russian ghost videos lean more heavily towards showing violent poltergeist activity, Arabian videos are more likely to show 'traditional' full human body apparitions and UK videos are more likely to capture sound anomalies and suggested orbs .. these seem to be the geographical 'trends' at the moment although not exclusively so. US and Arabian videos seem to be about equally focussed on 'demon' captures correlating with their more religion focussed cultures. I'm not sure what if any conclusions can be drawn from these patterns, sceptics will understandably focus on misidentification or outright fakery but perhaps paranormal phenomena does vary a bit depending on where you are? ..
Well, in many of the arabian examples I've seen on the various YouTube videos, a phenomenon that in the west would be identified as ghostly or a 'shadow person' is identified as a djin. So it seems that sort of sighting is given to cultural interpretation regardless of the underlying reason for it.

At least when they go looking for something and find evidence, they go to the evidence rather than running away from the evidence they are looking for.

I find the videos from different cultural backgrounds fascinating.

Well, in many of the arabian examples I've seen on the various YouTube videos, a phenomenon that in the west would be identified as ghostly or a 'shadow person' is identified as a djin. So it seems that sort of sighting is given to cultural interpretation regardless of the underlying reason for it.

Like in a country like Mexico obsessed with the dead, celebrating the dead wearing skeleton masks, this figure appears on a surveillance cam:

Perhaps there's an article waiting to be written about contemporary Youtube, TikTok etc. videos and geographical differences in reported findings.

I think there is a forum thread here somewhere on the cultural aspects and differences. Certainly very interesting for me to see how different groups experience/interpret fortean phenomena.

At least when they go looking for something and find evidence, they go to the evidence rather than running away from the evidence they are looking for.

They look so fake to me.

They look so fake to me.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the head in the Mexico video belongs to someone alive and well. The store owner is probably only after some free PR for his business. The flash effect can be achieved with a camera flash

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the head in the Mexico video belongs to someone alive and well. The store owner is probably only after some free PR for his business. The flash effect can be achieved with a camera flash

It's also easy to run straight toward the "anomaly" when you know it's a set up.

It's also easy to run straight toward the "anomaly" when you know it's a set up.
Not so easy though for the anomaly to disappear so quickly and convincingly (unless that was done with clever editing).

Not so easy though for the anomaly to disappear so quickly and convincingly (unless that was done with clever editing).
Nuke stated that the footage from the Arabic person was streamed live on facebook, so editing is unlikely. That particular 'chase something to find room empty' normally leaves a spot just to the side of the door where a co-conspirator can avoid the camera on entry, then scuttle out of the room while the filmer pans the camera around, making the room look empty.

That said, this is one of the better examples of that, as the margin for a hidden co-conspirator is smaller than normal in this video.

This is one of nuke's better videos overall I think. I liked the floating ghost figure as well.

Like in a country like Mexico obsessed with the dead, celebrating the dead wearing skeleton masks, this figure appears on a surveillance cam:

The first two videos of this compilation are funny.

If you watch the first one where things apparently move around, neither of the two people seem to notice that a large plant is moved from one side of the room to the opposite. It happens around 1:20-1:25 and again somewhere around the 3 minute mark. At 1:20 the guy walks into the one room past a flag on his left and a huge plant is right infront of the flag. The piano plays and when filming the piano area, the plant is in front of the piano almost right in the middle of the floor - at least in front of the door. Then, again around 3 minutes the guys are at the back of the same room and they are walking up the aisle towards the piano and the plant is on the other side in front of the flag again. lol

The second video of the pinatas reminds me of Five Nights at Freddies, but with pinatas.:rofl:

Strange smoky looking white blob thing moving in a strange way .. because they can't all be wailing Victorian women in white

Lymington man believes to caught ghost at Knowlton Church | Bournemouth Echo

The last time we went to All Saints Church in Santon, I was standing beside my friend looking at this area in this direction and after both conferring recently? .. I said to her at the time "What the fuck was that? .. did you see that?" and she nodded. She described the same thing back to me ..

This is a crude interpretation of what we saw only about 4 feet in front of us. It was a black dense mass that, for want of a better description, 'wriggled' very quickly from right to left, coming from behind the wooden screen and disappearing back behind the left of it .. it reminded me of the animated movement of the sausage dog called the Moog from the UK kid's cartoon, Willow The Wisp .. a torch and smaller light sources were being used by two other team members inside that room at the time that could have caused an optical illusion but the shape seemed much too dense in colour to have simply been a shadow and the light sources weren't moving at the time to create an illusion of movement. It was like a big fat maggot although not solid There was no mist visible at the time, I've used an earlier stock photo to draw this. There's never been visible mist reported seen to the naked eye inside this church.

asantonghostblob.jpg

Last edited:
A new Nuke's Top 5 video with among others, continuation of the Mexico pinata store huntings and another Arabic ghost hunting video.

Last edited:
AI sees a ghost in the doorway:

View attachment 32535

Where did you get that from, do you have a link?

What do you guys think of those... I think they're called SLS gadgets that can spot a human form in the room and it shows up looking like a stick figure of sorts? Do you think that it can really register ghosts?

Back