• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Where did you get that from, do you have a link?

What do you guys think of those... I think they're called SLS gadgets that can spot a human form in the room and it shows up looking like a stick figure of sorts? Do you think that it can really register ghosts?
It could also be called graphics software that allows you to superimpose a green box and some arbitrary text on any given image.

Are you sure he wasn't just having a ciggie?
I know you're just joking but I'm absolutely certain it isn't ciggie smoke because I'm the only smoker out of the whole group and I would never smoke inside a church, ghost investigation or not. Inside the church has never been cold enough inside to allow for visible condensation breath. We've also never lit candles inside the building either before or during an investigation.

What do you guys think of those... I think they're called SLS gadgets that can spot a human form in the room and it shows up looking like a stick figure of sorts? Do you think that it can really register ghosts?
SLS gadgets are controversial even amongst 'true ghost believers' .. the first and only time we used one at All Saints ? .. we got a child sized stick figure at the back of the church along with a dog sized figure then later two adult sized figures at the pew .. I've still got that footage on my video card but that investigation hasn't been edited yet. The main complaint from today's paranormal investigators is that "It will find three dots of reflected light and then make that into a person/stick figure" .. the tech was invented to aid people playing interactive 'Nintendo Wi' type dancing games but for more recent designed Playstations ..

As Enola has mentioned, the one we used was Kinect SLS Camera kit, which uses a Windows tablet, it started playing up towards the end of the night .. extremely common as these devices are sensitive to cold environments so not necessarily anything paranormal there .. the new team member became annoyed about this, had bought it second hand and decided he was going to send it back although this church is known for fucking with otherwise reliable tech.

edit: Enola mentioned there are two most common types of SLS used by paranormal investigators, not that we tried the Kinect/Windows method (which we did) ..

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

The first time I saw it being used as a ghost detector it gave me such a creepy crawly feeling.

This is from Twitter, so there is no background. I don't think a ghost is involved and it may even be fake. But it raises nice philosophical questions.

And ... every time a new technology appeared, it was immediately used to make contact with the afterlife. So why not AI?

Last edited:
If this the wrong place, please spirit it away to the right location. :litg:

Horrifying 'ghost' in hospital gown claimed to have been captured on camera at creepy old Welsh asylum.

The woman who filmed it claims "even sceptics are baffled" by the sighting.

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any weirder - a woman claims she has captured a creepy paranormal figure at an abandoned hospital.

Kayleigh Love, from Swansea, filmed the footage during a walk-through of a former mental asylum in south Wales around two months ago.
In the video, Kayleigh describes the run-down and rubble-strewn hospital in detail, seemingly unaware that she is being "watched".
After exploring the crumbling site she uploaded the footage to her Youtube channel, Love to Investigate, where she posts her investigations into reportedly haunted locations.

However, it wasn't until weeks later, with the help of an eagle-eyed viewer, she said that the true "horror" of what she had captured that day came to light.
(C) BBC. '20

There is a video (might contain ads aswell) included in the article.

Well I may be playing too much Fallout 4 but VATS has that as a Feral Ghoul and it’s probably only worth a plastic fork and a subway token when you shoot it.

If this the wrong place, please spirit it away to the right location. :litg:

Horrifying 'ghost' in hospital gown claimed to have been captured on camera at creepy old Welsh asylum.

The woman who filmed it claims "even sceptics are baffled" by the sighting.

(C) BBC. '20

There is a video (might contain ads aswell) included in the article.
At first, we’d have to contend with crappy cameras and their burry photos of the Blurry Ghost of Fircombe Abbey or The Blurry Monster of Fircombe Hall. Now that cameras on phones are better, we are presented with a couple of motion blurred frames taken from a sweeping cam move. Different tech. Same shitty issues.

I agree with Analogue Boy. It's not convincing evidence of a "creepy paranormal figure."
Why do people go wandering around "abandoned hospitals" when they have a YouTube channel where they normally post videos of supposedly haunted places? Because they want to show how haunted the creepy abandoned hospital is! Which is great if it's haunted, but silly if, well, if it's just blurry video.
But thanks for posting that, Nemo, since it's out there in the world.

I couldn't see the video because of outdated software and I couldn't read the article without signing my first born away in agreements to the site.

But in Nemo's defense, I do watch a above average amount of ghost videos. Apparently, that's what happens when a spirit is near. The screen goes blurry. "They" even suggests that that is when the spirit is closest to you. "They" say the same about ET encounters as well.

Now, if we could just figure out who "they" are we might get somewhere.

My friend alerted me to this, knowing of my interest in stuff like it. If you go to 42.55 mins in, there's a bit about a "ghost" caught on a selfie during a walk held under the tunnels of Glasgow's Central Station:
Programme link

It does look like, well, a random bloke, maybe a photobomb at a stretch, but he isn't wearing a helmet like the tourists, so probably an interloper. Nobody can identify him, anyway.

My friend alerted me to this, knowing of my interest in stuff like it. If you go to 42.55 mins in, there's a bit about a "ghost" caught on a selfie during a walk held under the tunnels of Glasgow's Central Station:
Programme link

It does look like, well, a random bloke, maybe a photobomb at a stretch, but he isn't wearing a helmet like the tourists, so probably an interloper. Nobody can identify him, anyway.
Interesting I managed a screen shot. Ypu’d think if somebody had joined them along the way he would have noticed
DFAD4AA7-3230-48E5-AB0D-CB02F16E6E3D.jpg

Interesting I managed a screen shot. Ypu’d think if somebody had joined them along the way he would have noticed View attachment 33109

that's a random bloke, he's casting a shadow. He is dressed like Uncle fester though.

If you look at the being right at the back near the raised hand that could be an alien or a demon.

The guy at the front needs to sort his beardy beard out.

Last edited:
Re: photobombing

I spent time in a certain city very popular with tourists and me and my cousins would do this stuff all the time. I imagine there are scores of pictures of me in the background knocking around.

We'd have a slightly different slant on it that we wouldn't try and be an arse and just pretend to be other tourists.

We got bored with it after a summer season and moved onto other things.

Last edited:
that's a random bloke, he's casting a shadow. He is dressed like Uncle fester though.

If you look at the being right at the back near the raised hand that could be an alien or a demon.

The guy at the front needs to sort his beardy beard out.

Mr Beardy (the tour guide) says on the programme he has no idea who the guy is, and the location does look to be quite some way underground. A long way to go without being noticed, unless he was there already.

Mr Beardy (the tour guide) says on the programme he has no idea who the guy is, and the location does look to be quite some way underground. A long way to go without being noticed, unless he was there already.

But Uncle Fester is casting a shadow and therefore isn't likely to be a ghost.

I don't think it's ever mentioned (or not much) one way or the other. But to be picked up by a camera, a ghost would have to be able to reflect light, and if it reflects light, it'll cast a shadow.
It could be argued that it takes more energy for a ghost to manifest to us as a visible presence. So when it can, it would be a 'shadow person' at best but only that .. a shadow and not a person casting a shadow in the pattern of reported sightings.

I'm not familiar with this location, but anytime there's an underground area that's not used very much it will probably be inhabited by the homeless - at least in the US. Might be an inhabitant.

I'm not familiar with this location, but anytime there's an underground area that's not used very much it will probably be inhabited by the homeless - at least in the US. Might be an inhabitant.

Now I'm thinking of that 1970s horror movie Death Line! "Mind the doors!"

Back