• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

some personal items of people neatly folded on the shelves,
Neatly folded? Neatly? I'm no housekeeper, but it looked like a mess to me! (Please understand I'm not saying I do better than that . . . )

Nobody mentioned the door knob. The door knob was nice.
Don't understand why anyone would wander around with just a flashlight though, unless they were fooling around making fake evidence to post on YouTube. Maybe that was explained in the audio. I muted it.

Japanese ghosts and other entities. Blurring of people is due to privacy laws in Japan.

Ghost, alien or other humanoid creature. Who knows?

Appears to look like an extremely thin woman figure with a light pink swimming costume on, with an unusual stride. Definitely not a ghost though, as 'it' throws a shadow. Strangely, after slowly examining the video I came across this anomaly in the end sequences of the video -
Screenshot 2021-08-07 100655.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-07 100823.jpg

This red image appears in the darkness above the image of the 'woman,' then as it moves to the right it changes to a white sphere, then vanishes!

Appears to look like an extremely thin woman figure with a light pink swimming costume on, with an unusual stride. Definitely not a ghost though, as 'it' throws a shadow. Strangely, after slowly examining the video I came across this anomaly in the end sequences of the video -
View attachment 43201View attachment 43202

This red image appears in the darkness above the image of the 'woman,' then as it moves to the right it changes to a white sphere, then vanishes!
1496F2BC-95CE-48F4-BD5C-59C517597D4E.jpeg
Made me think of Pearl who was in Torchwood.

Just came across this photo from 1900 Belfast.

1467391109-1467218271-gettyimages-498875487.jpg

In a recently emerged 19th-century photo, you just might spot something that will give you chills.

At first glance, the photo, which was taken in 1900, just appears to show 15 women standing outside of a Belfast, Ireland, linen mill in their work uniforms. But if you look a little closer, you'll see something slightly more paranormal. Can you spot the ghost among the mill workers?

Here's a hint: If you look at the woman on the far right of the photo and in the second row from the bottom, you'll notice a hand resting on her right shoulder. And yet both women behind her have their arms folded and their hands tucked away — so the hand can't possibly belong to either of them.

https://www.countryliving.com/entertaining/a39085/spot-ghost-in-black-white-photo/

View attachment 43317

In a recently emerged 19th-century photo, you just might spot something that will give you chills.

At first glance, the photo, which was taken in 1900, just appears to show 15 women standing outside of a Belfast, Ireland, linen mill in their work uniforms. But if you look a little closer, you'll see something slightly more paranormal. Can you spot the ghost among the mill workers?

Here's a hint: If you look at the woman on the far right of the photo and in the second row from the bottom, you'll notice a hand resting on her right shoulder. And yet both women behind her have their arms folded and their hands tucked away — so the hand can't possibly belong to either of them.

https://www.countryliving.com/entertaining/a39085/spot-ghost-in-black-white-photo/

It's an oldy but a goody.

View attachment 43317

l’m happy to believe that the girl with the “phantom” hand on her shoulder is as seen. To me, it looks as though a girl sitting or standing to her left has been clumsily edited out of the photo. The giveaway to me is the vertical folds in the skirt of the girl in white standing behind her: they look too artificial and well-defined, as though the photographer has painted her out in white to match the skirt, then painted in the folds to camouflage his editing job.

I’d bet that some research by a Fortean based in “Norn Iron” would reveal that Miss Tippex had either come to a tragic end, or had somehow blotted her copybook to the extent that it had been felt necessary to “unperson” her, like Nikolai Yezhov vanishing from Soviet history:

stalin_photo_manipulation%2B%25281%2529.jpg

maximus otter

l’m happy to believe that the girl with the “phantom” hand on her shoulder is as seen. To me, it looks as though a girl sitting or standing to her left has been clumsily edited out of the photo. The giveaway to me is the vertical folds in the skirt of the girl in white standing behind her: they look too artificial and well-defined, as though the photographer has painted her out in white to match the skirt, then painted in the folds to camouflage his editing job.

I’d bet that some research by a Fortean based in “Norn Iron” would reveal that Miss Tippex had either come to a tragic end, or had somehow blotted her copybook to the extent that it had been felt necessary to “unperson” her, like Nikolai Yezhov vanishing from Soviet history:

stalin_photo_manipulation%2B%25281%2529.jpg

maximus otter
I see where you are coming from, however, all bar the girl, second row, far left, have their arms folded in front of them, so it would be unusual for the 'edited' person to have her arm around the others shoulder, unless that was the reason for the editing.

Here's a photo claiming to be of a ghost. It was posted on Facebook and taken down after some derision, then put up again.

This is my mums house, these are my sisters friends who took a selfie from the garden who later noticed the face in the upstairs bedroom window. No one was upstairs that day and it is not anyone that we recognise. There’s also a chest of drawers in front of the upstairs window making it impossible for anyone to of been standing there. I was on the phone to my mum this morning the front door opened by itself while my mum was sitting there but no one else in the house.

Louise Lumbard ghost photo.jpg

Facebook link

View attachment 43317

This was discussed a year or so back I recall.
Thought it was concluded that the dark line outlining the girl's very thin-looking left arm suggests strongly that another girl was removed from the photo by literally cutting her image out and then retouching the final photo. The photo editor though forgot to remove the errant hand.

crop.JPG

This was discussed a year or so back I recall.
Thought it was concluded that the dark line outlining the girl's very thin-looking left arm suggests strongly that another girl was removed from the photo by literally cutting her image out and then retouching the final photo. The photo editor though forgot to remove the errant hand.

View attachment 43323
I've just had a good look at an enlargement of this photo, and found a few other 'oddities' that seem to raise questions about the possibility of early editing of this picture.
That hand, and arm - as outlined, are definitely to small to be an adults hand and arm.
There are also some other oddities which I see in the photo.
There are diagonal very faint markings - more noticeable in certain places which I've highlighted (marked where they are more noticeable by diagonal white lines). I've also outlined a dark 'blob' (marked inside the red circle) which also appears to be somewhat out-of-place.

1467391109-1467218271-gettyimages-498875487.jpg
Why was the hand in the picture?

Well - a wild guess. . . after the photograph was taken, perhaps this woman had someone younger standing next right next to her, and for whatever reason they, (either - the working girls, or the mill owner) got the photographer to remove 'her' image - which he undertook, but couldn't do anything with the hand
(or just completely didn't notice the hand left in the photograph?)
Could this missing figure have been an underage child-worker working in that mill at that time, with the original photograph proving that they were still employing an underage worker? ~ but that's just my guess.

*Screenshot 2021-08-09 112003.jpg

Last edited:
I've just had a good look at an enlargement of this photo, and found a few other 'oddities' that seem to raise questions about the possibility of early editing of this picture.
That hand, and arm - as outlined, are definitely to small to be an adults hand and arm.
There are also some other oddities which I see in the photo.
There are diagonal very faint markings - more noticeable in certain places which I've highlighted (marked where they are more noticeable by diagonal white lines). I've also outlined a dark 'blob' (marked inside the red circle) which also appears to be somewhat out-of-place.

View attachment 43325
Why was the hand in the picture?

Well - a wild guess. . . after the photograph was taken, perhaps this woman had someone younger standing next right next to her, and for whatever reason they, (either - the working girls, or the mill owner) got the photographer to remove 'her' image - which he undertook, but couldn't do anything with the hand
(or just completely didn't notice the hand left in the photograph?)
Could this missing figure have been an underage child-worker working in that mill at that time, with the original photograph proving that they were still employing an underage worker? ~ but that's just my guess.

*View attachment 43326

Good investigation work and I was thinking along the same lines - that the edited out girl may have been a younger sister who was not officially part of the team.

Ghost hunt at the haunted McInteer Villa in Atchison, Kansas.

Last edited:
There is another version of the same photo where the entire back row has been removed.
Thanks for posting that ... I had a vague recollection of having seen a different version of the photo in one of our earlier discussions about it, but I couldn't locate the variant.

I don't recall seeing an explanation for the variants, nor do I recall any specification of which variant came first. The mystery hand on a shoulder would definitely be explained by someone being removed from the scene. But ... How can we be certain the back row was removed from an earlier photo versus being inserted? How can we be sure the two front rows weren't inserted onto an earlier photo of the back row alone?

Once we allow for snipping and pasting we have to consider all the different directions in which partial images might have been transferred.

Last edited:
Back