• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Guilty as charged.
OMG, that is Fortean right there!! I have looked at that book so many times over the years, some of those photos are so strange. But was there ever an actual answer as to what Mrs. Chinnery caught in her photo? I remember seeing her mother's photo in one article, and this ghost photo did resemble the mother.

This photo is the most frightening one of all to me, Mabel Chinnery in 1959 went to the cemetery in Ipswitch England with her husband to visit her mother's grave, she had passed away a week before, and Mrs Chinnery used the last photo in her camera to take a picture of her husband waiting in their car. Who should show up sitting in the back seat but her mother:

View attachment 51244

I've seen it before, it really is scary. I wonder how long she had to wait for that ride home? Is she wearing sunglasses?

OMG, that is Fortean right there!! I have looked at that book so many times over the years, some of those photos are so strange. But was there ever an actual answer as to what Mrs. Chinnery caught in her photo? I remember seeing her mother's photo in one article, and this ghost photo did resemble the mother.
Some will argue its just shadows and some will argue its a ghost. It would be nice to have a clearer copy as the ones we see are copies of copies and lose so much definition and information.

Some will argue its just shadows and some will argue its a ghost. It would be nice to have a clearer copy as the ones we see are copies of copies and lose so much definition and information.
I think she is definitely there, the sunlight is shining off her glasses, you can see her nose, mouth, her face shape, her scarf and coat, there is someone there, and the husband is sitting in front of her. Just my opinion, but too clear to be shadows. An awesome photo!

Last edited by a moderator:
This photo is the most frightening one of all to me, Mabel Chinnery in 1959 went to the cemetery in Ipswitch England with her husband to visit her mother's grave, she had passed away a week before, and Mrs Chinnery used the last photo in her camera to take a picture of her husband waiting in their car. Who should show up sitting in the back seat but her mother:

View attachment 51244
That's my all time favourite ghost pic. Then someone pointed out that the dead mother's white neck scarf seems to overlap the edge of the driver's window frame which is a bit suspect.

Haven't I already seen this photo debunked or seriously doubted and on this forum? Someone is in the back seat and their glasses reflect the light correctly, unlikely in a hovering spirit. They look a little forward in the seat but there's also something going on in the back seat behind them - some back rest? My faint memory is person or double exposure. It's not at all scary if you just look at it and assume a person except that it's a little rude to make your passenger sit in the back. And the driver is on the wrong side.

That's my all time favourite ghost pic. Then someone pointed out that the dead mother's white neck scarf seems to overlap the edge of the driver's window frame which is a bit suspect.
And I've read that one of the investigators of this photo claimed that the inside of the window frames on this model car had a 'velvet' lining, which would give a 'blurry' or 'hazy' edging effect to whatever is photographed behind it. It's not the clearest of photos, and it's from 1959 so probably an old type camera, which doesn't help the clarity.
The thing with this photo is also that she is blocking out the back window, so she's definitely there.
Jim and Mabel Chinnery also appeared in a tv show, seemed they truly could not understand this photo themselves.
And it's my favorite ghost photo as well!

I thought the same thing, I was certain it was an odd peeper or something along those lines, until I saw the second photo -
That photo appears in 'Ghosts Caught On Film' by Gordon Rutter from 2011, it is a British book, full of unusual photosgraphs.
I think that’s one that had an interesting headless person that always had me puzzled. I think I know we’re it is I’ll have to look it out.

I came here to post this story with a very bad video. Although it was posted just before Halloween 2008. I’m always less convinced and think they are just drumming up trade. Ghosts don’t just appear for one month of the year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/haunted---spooky-video-renfrew-2625668

I think that’s one that had an interesting headless person that always had me puzzled. I think I know we’re it is I’ll have to look it out.

I came here to post this story with a very bad video. Although it was posted just before Halloween 2008. I’m always less convinced and think they are just drumming up trade. Ghosts don’t just appear for one month of the year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/haunted---spooky-video-renfrew-2625668
That photo is in the first book, "Ghosts Caught On Film" by Melvyn Willin 2007. The headless ghost photo appears on Page 108, great photos in that book!

That photo is in the first book, "Ghosts Caught On Film" by Melvyn Willin 2007. The headless ghost photo appears on Page 108, great photos in that book!
I’ve looked at I’ve got 2 and 3 sitting on the shelf but 1 seems to have gone for a wander somewhere. Typical. I’m sure I’ve put it on the forum before. That’s probably the reason I took it down.

The trouble is these days it's far too easy to fake a ghost picture, anyone could do it.

I've attached a picture that's one of my favourites, it's from the Ghost Caught on Film book.
I did share it back in 2015.
2FACE6DC-D92C-466A-B49A-966B2F955DC0.jpeg

And no one ever figured out what this strange photo was?
I just showed it to my husband, and he said could it possibly be a mannequin or statue?
Could it be a chair that someone threw their jacket on?
Strange.......
I think someone just hung their jacket on the back of a chair.

It could be that but I don’t see any chairs next to it and the jacket looks puffed out like it’s being worn.
It looks to me that the sleeve at left is draped over something (probably a chair back) and hanging straight down, by the visible folds. The photo is quite dark, so if there are unoccupied chair backs between no-head bloke and the lady, they wouldn't necessarily be visible in the photo.

Or pulled off by a piece of string. If it is a ghost it is undoubtably male driven to insanity by the need most women have to festoon everything with cushions. :)

Haven't I already seen this photo debunked or seriously doubted and on this forum? Someone is in the back seat and their glasses reflect the light correctly, unlikely in a hovering spirit. They look a little forward in the seat but there's also something going on in the back seat behind them - some back rest? My faint memory is person or double exposure. It's not at all scary if you just look at it and assume a person except that it's a little rude to make your passenger sit in the back. And the driver is on the wrong side.
I actually suspect that the picture was taken before the old lady died. Maybe the last photo of her taken. The daughter could well have 'thought' there was one last picture left on the film and taken a picture of her husband in the car (which would, you have to admit, be a very odd subject for a photograph) but that photograph was never actually taken because the film was already used up and just not registering as 'finished' until they wound the film on. And, bearing in mind how long it used to take to get photographs developed back in the day, she'd forgotten about the original picture and could only remember taking the picture after her mother died. Natural grief and the forgetfulness of stress did the rest of the work.

ETA. Also, in that photo her husband looks rather 'jolly' for someone sitting in a car at a cemetery, having buried their mother in law. Although I make no judgements...

Probably this photo of Peaches Geldof has been discussed here already?
A few months before her death, Peaches was in the bath with her little boy, no one else was at home allegedly.
Scares me to death!

1644607535267.png

Last edited:
Isn’t that just her hand leaning on her knee?
Peaches said she was holding little Astala with her left hand, holding her phone / camera with her right hand to take the photo, and then this extra hand appeared in the shot. And apparently a woman who gave birth to a stillborn baby lived in that house, and had committed suicide. Peaches overdosed a few months later herself.
Creepy............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...es-photo-son-Astala--hand-ghostly-spirit.html

Back