• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Looks like a woman wearing a summer dress and hat and carrying a shoulder bag to me. Why would she think it was a ghost? If the place was busy then anyone could have wandered into the picture without being noticed.
There may not have been anyone with a hat in the other pictures but doesn't prove much. Hats are quite easy to put on and take off again!

I remember hearing a whole story regarding this picture, years ago. It is only a fleeting memory but she was there with her husband and child on some type of holiday. The lady in the hat appeared out of nowhere when they were sure they were the only ones there. So, this is a second sighting that I have heard of the lady in the hat appearing in someones photograph when supposedly no one else was there at the time it was taken.

I honestly do not remember any more details, sorry.

I saw this elsewhere recently but can't remember where. I found this however and it looks as though the ghost was just another visitor unless the whole party were from the spirit realm.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/mum-snaps-eerie-image-victorian-27819157

ghost.jpg

It's looks like a small child is next close to the lady in the hat.
That's what I just thought, though it's the blurring of the pic. All of the other people have the same blurring and odd colouration so at least there's consistency.

Though why someone would take a photo like that - from a distance, and you can't see peoples faces and it's not interesting. It's not a scene or event that would say to me "ooh, I need to get a pic of this".

If the photographer says that this person was not there when they took the pic, I'm going to guess that the person was probably not what the photographer was looking at when taking the picture, but the camera eye does not see as we see. People are not observant.

Not a ghost.

Though why someone would take a photo like that - from a distance, and you can't see peoples faces and it's not interesting. It's not a scene or event that would say to me "ooh, I need to get a pic of this".
I suppose it is possible that the picture with the family group is cropped from a photo that showed more of the graveyard or whatever was of interest.
It's like those video clips on paranormal shows that are enlarged and cropped so much that they lose definition and could show almost anything.

The original photo showed much more of the graveyard. The “ghost” photo is extremely cropped.
Cropped to the max I would say, 'lorac61469:' Looks as though the family in front of her is pushing a pram, and she (the ghost) is walking in-hand with a younger child. Surely the people "in" the picture could speak up to the fact that she was with them and not a ghost? "One would assume that the 'Daily Stars' readership might be falling away?" :botp:

If the photographer says that this person was not there when they took the pic, I'm going to guess that the person was probably not what the photographer was looking at when taking the picture, but the camera eye does not see as we see. People are not observant.
I think this is the explanation in 99% of ghost photography cases. People just aren't noticing what's around them (see also Cumberland Spacemum, as I think has been pointed out on this thread and many others before).

Luke Tabram (someone we've done invests with before) visited this place not long ago. This is his team's video of the location.

I saw this elsewhere recently but can't remember where. I found this however and it looks as though the ghost was just another visitor unless the whole party were from the spirit realm.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/mum-snaps-eerie-image-victorian-27819157

View attachment 58442
I'd call that a convincing looking capture but I also know there's an army of sceptics that will come up with anything at all to argue that it isn't anything paranormal. Because that's what they do. Comfort zone time for those people. I find 'those' people as stubborn and annoying as 'true believers'.

I'd call that a convincing looking capture but I also know there's an army of sceptics that will come up with anything at all to argue that it isn't anything paranormal. Because that's what they do. Comfort zone time for those people. I find 'those' people as stubborn and annoying as 'true believers'.
Hit the nail on the head there. Comfort zone and staying in it is what's important to some. Having said that I'm inclined to think, on this occasion, it is purely another visitor, but who knows?

Hit the nail on the head there. Comfort zone and staying in it is what's important to some. Having said that I'm inclined to think, on this occasion, it is purely another visitor, but who knows?
Is it comfort zone? Or is it that having to admit that there may be things out there that we don't, and can't, understand, would involve admitting to more fear and uncertainty than they can cope with? I know that's almost the same thing, but the implications are slightly different.

I think that trying to convince others of something that you have seen - something extraordinary in its nature - is a wasted exercise.

What isn't, is knowing that you and others have shared the same, or a similar experience...which then validates your own experience.

I think that trying to convince others of something that you have seen - something extraordinary in its nature - is a wasted exercise.

What isn't, is knowing that you and others have shared the same, or a similar experience...which then validates your own experience.
Totally agree 'Mungoman.' Trying to convince others about anything we might happen to stumble across is futile. Relating to others what you happen to stumble across is one way to gather any evidence, however weird or strange it may be. You cannot hope to convince others if they aren't the ones whom bare witness.

Totally agree 'Mungoman.' Trying to convince others about anything we might happen to stumble across is futile. Relating to others what you happen to stumble across is one way to gather any evidence, however weird or strange it may be. You cannot hope to convince others if they aren't the ones whom bare witness.
I agree with this. Reasonably, it's not a sound conclusion to say this was absolutely paranormal because it's impossible in an uncontrolled environment like this to eliminate all the potential "normal" things it could be. So people who jump to the paranormal conclusion aren't convincing to me. The best you can say is "I don't know". We do not have enough information to make a conclusion. It's a good photo. I sure would like to know what it was. But, considering we've never proven that unknown human-like shapes that surprisingly appear in photos are spirits of the dead, I'm not going to accept "ghost" as an explanation.

Back