• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Misogyny & UFOs?

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
It occurred to me while not sleeping last night that I can't recall any UFO contacts where the aliens were reported as female. It's not my main area of Fortean interest, so I may have missed many reports. But interesting, no? Probably says more about the witnesses than the aliens.

I know what you mean - there seems to be a tacit assumption that aliens encountered are to be characterized as 'male' by default.

One reason this issue is murky is that gender isn't a feature I recall being confirmed as reflecting the gender / sexual differentiation found in us terrestrial higher organisms. More simply put - there aren't many alien encounter stories where the human got to observe or know the visitors well enough to determine such details.

In principle there's no universal reason why there have to be two sexes, and there's no reason any multi-gendered species has to have only two sexes. This suggests that any attribution of sex / gender is a projection of the human observer, and hence subject to observer bias.

A recent development illustrates these points ... Calvin Parker (one of the 2 guys involved in the Pascagoula incident) recently published a book, breaking the relative silence he'd maintained for over 40 years.

According to this review article about Parker's book:

https://www.earthfiles.com/2018/09/...r-by-calvin-parker-in-pascagoula-mississippi/

... Parker characterized the alien who closely examined him as a 'female'. However, he did this because unlike the other (bigger, more ominous) ones that captured him the 'examiner' was smaller, gentler, and soothed him by telepathically communicating he needn't be afraid.

This CBC online article about the Falcon Lake incident:

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/canadas-most-famous-ufo-encounter

... also mentions (in the appended notes) ...

One of the most famous claims of an alien abduction occurred in October 1957 in Brazil. A farmer was allegedly taken aboard a spacecraft where a beautiful female alien with large slanted eyes, grey skin and high cheekbones had intercourse with him. His case gained notoriety due to the salacious nature of his abduction but also because of the consistency and clarity of his story.

There are a handful of cases where female UFO occupants have been seen. Also, some aliens have allegedly bred children with the contactees.

Besides the Boas case...Adamski claimed to be visited by a male and female Venusian.....and the well known Meier case is also centered around Semjase, a female alien. I'm sure there are many others I have forgotten.

With their simplified shapes, over-sized heads and eyes, stereotype aliens have much in common with toys designed for the very young. They always seem androgynous to me, their anal probing, a pleasureless, geeky pastime or employment.

Being abducted by frisky, green-and-not-so-little-ponies is quite a different matter, however and should be reported to the authorities! :crazy:

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, the original question might well be more informatively answered if inverted ...

There are a lot of alien descriptions that seem to be neutral / sexless.

There are occasional alien descriptions that specifically characterize the alien(s) as 'female'.

How many accounts describe aliens as positively male?

Now that I think about it, the original question might well be more informatively answered if inverted ...

There are a lot of alien descriptions that seem to be neutral / sexless.

There are occasional alien descriptions that specifically characterize the alien(s) as 'female'.

How many accounts describe aliens as positively male?
Yes, many accounts give the impression that the alien greys are sexless, as they are perceived to be naked and have no sexual characteristics (i.e. genitalia). My preferred explanation for this is that the greys are clones bred to be 'organic robots' or 'worker bees' - they are being guided by some other, higher order, aliens.

Yes, many accounts give the impression that the alien greys are sexless, as they are perceived to be naked and have no sexual characteristics (i.e. genitalia). My preferred explanation for this is that the greys are clones bred to be 'organic robots' or 'worker bees' - they are being guided by some other, higher order, aliens.
Have you read Song of the Greys by Nigel Kerner..? That seems to be his 'hypothesis' in his books.
He believes that a very long time ago a 'Prime Alien Race' made clones to travel and explore the Galaxy for them and these are what we call The Greys. They became disgruntled that they were doing all the work for the Prime aliens so they rebelled and are on their own now exploring and using various worlds. He believes they, the greys, are looking for souls which they do not have since they are artificially created....this is why they are on earth according to Kerner.

Our earliest accounts of aliens are those scareship bods* who trade weird pancakes for cookies. Eccentric explorers, essentially.

After WWII, the visitors are dehumanized nightmare figures, following some sinister off-stage Führer-of-the-Spheres! :salute:

*Unless we count those medieval sailors in the sky who took an unnatural interest in church-steeples.

Last edited:
Have you read Song of the Greys by Nigel Kerner..? That seems to be his 'hypothesis' in his books.
He believes that a very long time ago a 'Prime Alien Race' made clones to travel and explore the Galaxy for them and these are what we call The Greys. They became disgruntled that they were doing all the work for the Prime aliens so they rebelled and are on their own now exploring and using various worlds. He believes they, the greys, are looking for souls which they do not have since they are artificially created....this is why they are on earth according to Kerner.
I haven't read that, no.

The Nordic Plejarens are both male and female. Billy Meier used to hang out with the, (almost certainly fictitious), alien Plejaren ladies Asket and Nera.

asketnera111.jpg

http://www.theyfly.com/Asket_&_Nera.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meier

Dr wu,

...He believes they, the greys, are looking for souls which they do not have since they are artificially created. ...

If they didn't have souls, how would they know about them ?

INT21

From their creators?

I can't believe that no one's mentioned Aura Rhanes, Truman Bethurum's beautiful spaceship captain.

Dr wu,

...He believes they, the greys, are looking for souls which they do not have since they are artificially created. ...

If they didn't have souls, how would they know about them ?

INT21
I assume their Prime alien bosses must have told them....who knows? It's been a while since I read his book.

Why would they do that ?

Seems rather like giving Awks a concious.

INT21

I remember in the book 'The Uncertain Midnight' that the female android character developed feelings.

It didn't end well.

Also a salutary warning against developing female android 'companions' too far.

INT21

Back