• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Yeah....might have been a slightly different set of lyrics....
Nah, I just listened to the lines about Billy Ray coming over with the adults and them going off together.

The line 'Being good isn't always easy' struck home because at that age I was finding Being Good a struggle.

Being Good meant pleasing the adults. Playing too noisily or too quietly was bad. Leaving food or emptying your plate was bad. Nor reading or reading was bad. Not washing thoroughly or wasting too much soap was bad, and so on.

That Billy Ray was bad news.
I now know that he was like the young man in Cher's Gypsies Tramps and Thieves -

Picked up a boy just south of Mobile
Gave him a ride, filled him with a hot meal
I was 16, he was 21
Rode with us to Memphis
And papa woulda shot him if he knew what he'd done

Yeah. Let's skip that mate. Or I'll send you a pic of the bald spot I'm developing. Fortunately I'm a tall person so only the Mrs, me and other tall people who are too polite to even notice or mention it don't mention it so far.
Only "developing"? Lucky you. My head grew through the top of my hair a long time ago. Mind you, it sounds like I'm a bit shorter than you, so that could explain it ..
I'm very tall, but whereas my crown has retained its coverage the hair on my temples has been receding alarmingly for a while, seemingly in a race with my remaining hair to see if the latter can go uniformly grey first. If I grow a beard it's pretty much white. That's what this place does to you.

Anyway, welcome back 'scarg.

I think I lost a fair amount of hair over last year. What’s left is now pretty long but the widow’s peak has gone more Shearer’s Island now. Dark brown now a few shades lighter but sideboards and any beard are grey.

Welcome back Scargs. Hope you are well.

I was going to send a photo of it and me but in all honesty I looked like, well, shite. :oops:
Didn't think you'd want a snap of what appeared to be a decomposing toothless crocodile.
Sounds as though it's been a nasty time for you. Hope it's all over now and you're back to rude health. Well, rude something.

I think I lost a fair amount of hair over last year. What’s left is now pretty long but the widow’s peak has gone more Shearer’s Island now. Dark brown now a few shades lighter but sideboards and any beard are grey.

Welcome back Scargs. Hope you are well.
Does she still owe you and Stu 50p as well?!! .. FFS? ..

Nah, I just listened to the lines about Billy Ray coming over with the adults and them going off together.

The line 'Being good isn't always easy' struck home because at that age I was finding Being Good a struggle.

Being Good meant pleasing the adults. Playing too noisily or too quietly was bad. Leaving food or emptying your plate was bad. Nor reading or reading was bad. Not washing thoroughly or wasting too much soap was bad, and so on.
My God! We may be related. At last I have a SISTER!!! and she is wonderful, smart and funny! SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lot! :chuckle:

OK, OK, I'm back. Was ill/stressed/mithered but hoping things are better now.

@Swifty cheered me up more than I can describe and I need to thank him.
@titch sent me hilariously obscene cartoons which were dangerous in the state I found myself. :oops:

My problems were poor health - most unlike me - and stressful work problems. Can't inflict all that on you lot, what.
Welcome back!
copious amounts of alcohol.gif

Today I have been challenged to post photos of myself in an HM Prison Preston-issue teeshirt and wearing a head-mounted dildo.
As I own both these novelties, the temptation is strong.

In fact, I am already rocking one of these items. Both at the same time might be too much of a clash.

Today I have been challenged to post photos of myself in an HM Prison Preston-issue teeshirt and wearing a head-mounted dildo.

In fact, I am already rocking one of these items. Both at the same time might be too much of a clash.
That's all well and good but where's my 50p fart face?.

I'm old enough to remember that song being in t'HitParade.

From what I heard, she and Billy Ray were about 10 and would go off and play while the adults were talking. I had no idea that they were older and up to teenage things together.

I imagined them climbing about in a barn or pushing each other on a tyre swing like the kids in To Kill a Mockingbird. Innocence, eh.

When Dusty Springfield was ten, she was nowhere near Billy Ray the preacher's son. She was living up the road from my cousins, and occasionally playing with my mum!

Novelties?! Riiiiiiight.....I absolutely believe you........Thousands wouldn’t!

I knew a conspiracy theorist who died suddenly. I know he frequented paranormal and conspiracy boards but not which ones or what his screen names were... I like to imagine they noticed him missing and believe he got "too close to the truth " tbh he might have... his death was very weird.

Back