• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

We don't tolerate you hawkface? .. we check out your arse when you're not looking.
I know you're looking, why do you think I put on a display?

dancing-in-the-kitchen-hunk.gif

And now, back to the missing - @Schrodinger's Zebra...

Not just me, ALL of us .. not that we're given any choice mind you ..

Zebs has been having a rough time of it I've been told mate.
I aim to please...:hapdan:

Sorry to hear about Zebs....

Does the great Jenny Randles ever post here?
Apparently so but only certain posters know who she is. I don't.
Yes. Infrequently of late, but yes.

I will remind everyone that speculating about other users' real names - especially when they are rarely here - isn't encouraged.

Looks like @m fidget is gone for good.

That seems a shame, as she seemed to have a genuine interest in Forteana, along with some interesting tales to tell.
I know she came over as rather brash, but couldn't she have been granted a little time to adjust her level of conversation and contribution to the accepted standard here without being clobbered with the blunt instrument of an official warning?
I did try to coax her back by replying and expressing an interest in her last post, but it looks like she's been scared off.
I recall @Nosmo King getting the hair-dryer treatment at first and a comment that he wasn't expected to last long here, but he turned into a prolific and much appreciated contributor (and I sincerely hope he's OK).
So, rather than scaring potential forumists away and maintaining this forum as a cosy little clique, is there a way of making it more welcoming to potential new contributors, whilst gently guiding them towards to the expected level of etiquette?

So, rather than scaring potential forumists away and maintaining this forum as a cosy little clique, is there a way of making it more welcoming to potential new contributors, whilst gently guiding them towards to the expected level of etiquette?
We extended her quite a lot opportunity. See this post by yours truly in which I think I was appallingly reasonable. Note the vast majority of members settle in just fine given that we "gently guide them towards the expected level of etiquette".

As for Nosmo King, yes, he did get the hairdryer treatment until he stopped posting great big fuck-off images in every single post.

We extended her quite a lot opportunity. See this post by yours truly in which I think I was appallingly reasonable. Note the vast majority of members settle in just fine given that we "gently guide them towards the expected level of etiquette".

As for Nosmo King, yes, he did get the hairdryer treatment until he stopped posting great big fuck-off images in every single post.

Fair enough Stu and I do appreciate the difficult job you do.

Has no-one heard anything from @Nosmo King?
To go from such a prolific contributor to nothing is worrying.

A semi-kinky Fortean, like so many of us, but with a cracking arse. She sensed boundaries and got gone while the going was good. Great technician - banks of capacitors at her disposal, she melded magical sounds. Still does, for all I know.

A semi-kinky Fortean, like so many of us, but with a cracking arse. She sensed boundaries and got gone while the going was good. Great technician - banks of capacitors at her disposal, she melded magical sounds. Still does, for all I know.
Intriguing!

Well, to be fair, with only one wing, she couldn't very well straighten up and fly right.

Back