• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Can't imagine why a woman of colour might not have hung around for long :rolleyes:
Are we that bad?

NOTE: At this point the original discussion shifted from particular members who've not been seen in a while to why members might drift away from this forum. This in turn became a broader discussion worthy of its own thread:

Forum Self-Examination (Sensitivity; Tone; Subject Matter; Etc.)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...on-sensitivity-tone-subject-matter-etc.69347/

This post was chosen as the pivot from the topic of a specific MIA member (ShadyCavalier) to these broader issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who else is missing lately?
Off the top of my head, as well as those mentioned, how about David Plankton, Ulalume, Loquaciousness? Although granted we're going back years, here, she's still sorely missed. Frideswide has just recently gone AWOL. All of them unassuming but excellent posters, and crucially, eminently Fortean.

ETA Comfortably Numb is a lot less active than he used to be, too. I mean, if we're losing ufologists of his calibre, and likewise Jenni Randles, then we really need to give our collective heads a wobble.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a bit busy just now...
View attachment 44209

^^ that's the Insta-filter version, this is the un-retouched reality!

Bella Emberg dead: Russ Abbot leads tributes as Blunder Woman actress  passes away aged 80 | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Oh buggerit, I'm back.
My dad died, and my godfather died, family dynamics got screwed and shit went to hell in a handcart with a cherry on top.
Apart from that, I'm fine!

Sorry to learn you've had to deal with a heap of crises. Glad to see you back and to know you're OK ...

Oh buggerit, I'm back.

My dad died, and my godfather died, family dynamics got screwed and shit went to hell in a handcart with a cherry on top.

My condolences.

It's good to see you back, but I'm sorry you have such unpleasant news to report.

Oh buggerit, I'm back.

It's great to see you back. :yay:

I'm sorry you've lost your father and godfather, that's a lot of grief.

Families can be rubbish. Give it time. :)

Oh buggerit, I'm back.

I hope you're coping well and have good people around you through all these tough times.

If you can't find any good people, though, us lot are always here for you.

Chatting on'ere helped save my sanity when my life went all 'stenders* some years ago.
There's nothing like a juicy Cumberland Spaceman or some Farting Ghosts to lift the spirits. :)

*Like the storyline of a markedly unfortunate character in a particularly dismal soap opera.

Chatting on'ere helped save my sanity when my life went all 'stenders* some years ago.
There's nothing like a juicy Cumberland Spaceman or some Farting Ghosts to lift the spirits. :)

*Like the storyline of a markedly unfortunate character in a particularly dismal soap opera.
I also find this a little puddle of sanity in an otherwise drowning world.

And when I'm referring to you lot as 'sanity', you know times are bad!

I also find this a little puddle of sanity in an otherwise drowning world.

And when I'm referring to you lot as 'sanity', you know times are bad!

The whole global unpleasantness is one strand, but on a personal level the past nine months have been full of change and no little difficulty in my life; having this place to check into as a changing-yet-constant virtual clubhouse has been a boon. Even if I only check-in a few times a day on my commute and at breaks to move around a few pieces of the puzzle, it feels as if something worthwhile has been achieved—something that people here appreciate.

So the thanks on that other thread are equally broadcast back to the membership—even to the few of you who evidently hate my guts but contribute regularly to the stimulating exchange of ideas we manage at times.

For myself, I stepped outside to sort though some stuff :tumble: no reflection on the place or the people. Nice to see a lot of the old 'faces' still about the place.
Oy, my face is still as young and lovely as ever!

Back