• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Oy, my face is still as young and lovely as ever!
Yes, yes it is...

nintchdbpict000300349546.jpg

Whose legs are they?
Just some legs I found...

31zd2HOCiTL._SX466_.jpg

I sincerely hope this forum continues international in nature, preferably even more so. On which point, has anyone heard from mungoman recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope this forum continues international in nature, preferably even more so. On which point, has anyone heard from mungoman recently?

He posted to the welcome new members on the new members' thread a couple of times in the last few days.

Agree, the more @Mungoman, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
He posted to the welcome new members on the new members' thread a couple of times in the last few days.

Agree, the more @Mungoman, the better.
Yeah G'day. Mungo here

Thank you kindly Cochise and Yithian for the concern, and the mention - I'm still earthbound, It's just that Life (don't talk to me ab...)has taken a turn for the mundane. This involves ripping out ceilings, and replacing them. And other things.

I needed to do this as the old ceiling was Kaput, it had no insulation, and there was a tonne of red dust up there (no, really...there was). With the ceilings at 3.6 metres, and my propensity for doing things on my own it has been a labour of love.

I will say though, that I tend to swear like a navvy so, the music gets played...loud...and there has been the odd sweary occasion when I climbed the scaffolding to continue the job, only to find that the compressor hose for the nail gun has kinked and wrapped itself under and around the wheel on the scaffolding, restricting any effort to lift and use it.

There has been the random occasion where I measure the ceiling section and think to myself - oh yes, I'll remember that, and promptly have a Seniors moment after climbing down, and going to measure the required timber...requiring me to traipse back in, climb the scaffolding and measure....and then realising that I left the tape measure outside where I last used it, knowing full well that I needed to use it again for the next length of wood...

The weather has been nice though, the recent rain filling the tanks to overflowing and flooding the machine shed with 100mm of mud and water all over the floor. Just as well I stopped work on the ceiling and went and blocked all the heavy items like the welder and the generator...isn't it.

Then there are the village chooks (more like young effing emus!) that like to sit on my extended igloo, and in doing so, collapse the damned thing...again!

And then this morning on our daily walk, young Mick (Maltese cross Shitzu) got a little too smart with the large Piggin' dog down near the GrainCorp siding and got himself really well done over...He's alright - he lost some of his right ear but he's lying on one of Dad's flannelette shirts (red one), on Dad's bed, while Bella fusses over him...

I think I shall go and play some rose tattoo now...or maybe MC5 - needless to say, It shall be loud.

I'd better close the windows, hadn't I.

Yeah G'day. Mungo here

Thank you kindly Cochise and Yithian for the concern, and the mention - I'm still earthbound, It's just that Life (don't talk to me ab...)has taken a turn for the mundane. This involves ripping out ceilings, and replacing them. And other things.

I needed to do this as the old ceiling was Kaput, it had no insulation, and there was a tonne of red dust up there (no, really...there was). With the ceilings at 3.6 metres, and my propensity for doing things on my own it has been a labour of love.

I will say though, that I tend to swear like a navvy so, the music gets played...loud...and there has been the odd sweary occasion when I climbed the scaffolding to continue the job, only to find that the compressor hose for the nail gun has kinked and wrapped itself under and around the wheel on the scaffolding, restricting any effort to lift and use it.

There has been the random occasion where I measure the ceiling section and think to myself - oh yes, I'll remember that, and promptly have a Seniors moment after climbing down, and going to measure the required timber...requiring me to traipse back in, climb the scaffolding and measure....and then realising that I left the tape measure outside where I last used it, knowing full well that I needed to use it again for the next length of wood...

The weather has been nice though, the recent rain filling the tanks to overflowing and flooding the machine shed with 100mm of mud and water all over the floor. Just as well I stopped work on the ceiling and went and blocked all the heavy items like the welder and the generator...isn't it.

Then there are the village chooks (more like young effing emus!) that like to sit on my extended igloo, and in doing so, collapse the damned thing...again!

And then this morning on our daily walk, young Mick (Maltese cross Shitzu) got a little too smart with the large Piggin' dog down near the GrainCorp siding and got himself really well done over...He's alright - he lost some of his right ear but he's lying on one of Dad's flannelette shirts (red one), on Dad's bed, while Bella fusses over him...

I think I shall go and play some rose tattoo now...or maybe MC5 - needless to say, It shall be loud.

I'd better close the windows, hadn't I.

I have some good mental images of you at work now, swearing like a trooper as you potter about, covered in dust, while things tumble around you.

Glad to hear you're keeping busy.

I find it quite concerning how abruptly @Nosmo King left, given that he'd become quite a prolific poster. Hopefully he'll be back at some point. :(
Agreed. However he had not long before disappearing mentioned a girlfriend so I like to imagine that his attention is now elsewhere. I hope in a good way and that he's not ill or anything.

Has @Ronnie Jersey really gone for good then? And still no sign of @Gloucestrian - of whom my mother would say is a very pleasant young man.

It does look as though Ronnie intends to stay away, but it's hardly unknown for members to look back more fondly after a few months elsewhere—especially when they have some free time to fill.

I'd also be sad were Gloucestrian not to return, but many occupations have had a torrid time recently for a variety of reasons. It could simply be work and a need to put his head down and get through it.

Fingers crossed.

It does look as though Ronnie intends to stay away, but it's hardly unknown for members to look back more fondly after a few months elsewhere—especially when they have some free time to fill.

I'd also be sad were Gloucestrian not to return, but many occupations have had a torrid time recently for a variety of reasons. It could simply be work and a need to put his head down and get through it.

Fingers crossed.

Had a personal reply from Ronnie earlier today, thanking me for my message.
Hope that's a sign that she may feel happy to start contributing again.

Welcome back, @Ronnie Jersey!

I must admit I was feeling a bit of guilt as I thought you might have taken some comments I made - on a thread best left unnamed - as being dismissive of your opinion. Let me apologize publicly, and say that no offense was intended.

In fact, let's save time: anyone can just assume that when I sound like I'm being offensive I'm just being stupid.

Welcome back, @Ronnie Jersey!

I must admit I was feeling a bit of guilt as I thought you might have taken some comments I made - on a thread best left unnamed - as being dismissive of your opinion. Let me apologize publicly, and say that no offense was intended.

In fact, let's save time: anyone can just assume that when I sound like I'm being offensive I'm just being stupid.
Honestly I don't recall anything like that, LOL - it was probably a Polish joke! (You're Polish like me, right?)

Yeah, me too. And add in autistic which isn't the same as being stupid. I think that's true for everyone who stays around actually, if they are just arses then the Mods eject them.

I'll help you out here. If you said something I was offended by, I would P.M. you asking you if it was a convenient time to discuss something & then talk things through with you, saying nicely what you said that I disagreed with & why. I would talk things through nicely until we came to an agreement. I would listen to what you had to say, think about any criticism & whether I thought it was constructive or not, if I thought it was constructive I'd think about what I could learn from it, explain how I felt about it & allow myself to feel, explain, apologise, then learn from it & move on.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. And add in autistic which isn't the same as being stupid. I think that's true for everyone who stays around actually, if they are just arses then the Mods eject them.
See my response to Chas for how I'd handle it if you said something that offended me except I wouldn't express my feelings unless I did it in rhyme. (I've got autistic friends. They're very talented people. They love to see my feelings in rhyme but other than that they can't deal with them. They love my poetry anyway.)

I'll help you out here. If you said something I was offended by, I would P.M. you asking you if it was a convenient time to discuss something & then talk things through with you, saying nicely what you said that I disagreed with & why. I would talk things through nicely until we came to an agreement. I would listen to what you had to say, think about any criticism & whether I thought it was constructive or not, if I thought it was constructive I'd think about what I could learn from it, explain how I felt about it & allow myself to feel, explain, apologise, then learn from it & move on.

I do similar; but different members have different responses to this. It is good to know ahead of time exactly when the discussion is not productive, and then one must agree to disagree.

Let me join @ChasFink, @Frideswide, and @Horsa in offering a pre-emptive apology or explanation. Also, this is public notice to my Fellow Fortean Travelers that if I annoy or offend you, please PM me to tell me so we can discuss. I was born with some strange disease in which I often find my foot in my mouth with no idea of how it got there. I will need your help :)

I do similar; but different members have different responses to this. It is good to know ahead of time exactly when the discussion is not productive, and then one must agree to disagree.

Let me join @ChasFink, @Frideswide, and @Horsa in offering a pre-emptive apology or explanation. Also, this is public notice to my Fellow Fortean Travelers that if I annoy or offend you, please PM me to tell me so we can discuss. I was born with some strange disease in which I often find my foot in my mouth with no idea of how it got there. I will need your help :)
I know when to agree to disagree most of the time too.

I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome sometimes as well. :0)

Back