• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Deep Heat
Ah, Deep Heat. I used to enjoy the advert for that, showing a scene in Hell with the Devil himself, holding a pitchfork as I recall, surrounded by flames. A gravelly masculine voice intoned 'Deeeep Heeeeeat!' and that was it.

Deeeep Heeeeeat. Deeeep Heeeeeat.

Going to be saying that all night now.

Deeeep Heeeeeat.

I got a tiny globule of washing up liquid in my eye once. It was on the back of my hand from when I had been doing some washing up and I happened to rub my eye with just exactly that bit of hand.
On the list of 'things to not get in your eye' I could place it fairly near the top.
(and on that note - I can recommend checking out 'Lennys eye' on youtube)
1676715589131.png

When my brother scratched his itchy starfish after deploying Deeeeeep Heeeeeeat he invented Riverdance.
This is odd, Scargie, considering the thread we are in, but your mention of ....err... 'starfish'... suddenly reminded me of Quercus, who uses a starfish avatar (different sort of starfish, thankfully) and who hasn't been around since October last year. The thread on 'The Ditchling Beacon Walker' which Quercus started was the first thread I read when I came exploring in here nearly 2 years ago - it caught my eye because I had holidayed in Ditchling back in 1999 - and on the strength of that thread I promptly registered my profile. I wonder if anyone knows where Quercus has gone?

This is odd, Scargie, considering the thread we are in, but your mention of ....err... 'starfish'... suddenly reminded me of Quercus, who uses a starfish avatar (different sort of starfish, thankfully) and who hasn't been around since October last year. The thread on 'The Ditchling Beacon Walker' which Quercus started was the first thread I read when I came exploring in here nearly 2 years ago - it caught my eye because I had holidayed in Ditchling back in 1999 - and on the strength of that thread I promptly registered my profile. I wonder if anyone knows where Quercus has gone?
That was a gread thread.

I take it that no one has heard from GNC?
And @Giant R's been quiet. (Only a month though, so maybe no need to send search parties out just yet).
Thanks Floydie:chuckle: The past month has been hectic and stressful as I have been rebuilding my website after my host kindly went out of business in November without any warning - i only found out when the site vanished!
Since then I have had to start a new site and am 1, 200 items in, each one having to be photographed, listed and priced -only another 1,300 approx. to go:headbang:
I have been dipping in but only quick visits but do have an update to add soon on my 'ghost tales from every day people' post re the school experience I had.

Thanks Floydie:chuckle: The past month has been hectic and stressful as I have been rebuilding my website after my host kindly went out of business in November without any warning - i only found out when the site vanished!
Since then I have had to start a new site and am 1, 200 items in, each one having to be photographed, listed and priced -only another 1,300 approx. to go:headbang:
I have been dipping in but only quick visits but do have an update to add soon on my 'ghost tales from every day people' post re the school experience I had.
Yes, yes, never mind all that- there's members here with plumbing issues! Very inconsiderate of you.

I admit I keep my personal website and one I run for a pal 'mirrored' onto solid state drives. Every month or so I download/copy both sites into a dated directory.

Hi Giant R, is the old site findable on the way back machine (internet archive)?
If so maybe you could retrieve some of the content to save you having to start from scratch e.g. with taking the photos.

Hi Giant R, is the old site findable on the way back machine (internet archive)?
If so maybe you could retrieve some of the content to save you having to start from scratch e.g. with taking the photos.
Good point.

I admit I keep my personal website and one I run for a pal 'mirrored' onto solid state drives. Every month or so I download/copy both sites into a dated directory.
TCH! Now you tell us!

Yes, I have used this for some items - it has been handy for reminding me of layout and categories particularly. It is amazing how quickly you forget those things. I suppose when you have had it for a few years you don't really 'see' a lot of it anymore.

Back