• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

What about Graylien? I don't think we spoke a lot, but I remember reading his posts.
matt_zebra.jpg

Fssswfffsss....And it looks like I'm back, for now!

I have been locked out of this site for the best part of a year, since last March at least. (Did anyone notice?) My IP address has been banned throughout this time. This has happened once before for a shorter duration - but that time it was easier because I could access the site in other areas of Moscow and PM Enola about it. This time everywhere in Moscow I went to I encountered the same blanket ban. So I was unable to contact anybody about it and unable to even view the site.

Others of you must have had similar problems as I note there is now a thread devoted to it:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ip-address-is-being-repeatedly-blocked.68719/

I find some of the technicalities of this are a bit beyond me, being only a casual, pragmatic PC user. Besides in my case, the root of my problem is simply the location from which I post - which is deemed to be a nest of would be hackers and cyberwarriors.

It's an occupational hazard. There are downsides to living here as well as the upsides (no empty shelves here).

More seriously, I have been bedevilled with like problems in trying to contact my UK bank. (Which I must post about sometime)

Anyway, it's good to be back...for however long it will be.

I have been locked out of this site for the best part of a year, since last March at least. (Did anyone notice?) My IP address has been banned throughout this time. This has happened once before for a shorter duration - but that time it was easier because I could access the site in other areas of Moscow and PM Enola about it. This time everywhere in Moscow I went to I encountered the same blanket ban. So I was unable to contact anybody about it and unable to even view the site.

Others of you must have had similar problems as I note there is now a thread devoted to it:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ip-address-is-being-repeatedly-blocked.68719/

I find some of the technicalities of this are a bit beyond me, being only a casual, pragmatic PC user. Besides in my case, the root of my problem is simply the location from which I post - which is deemed to be a nest of would be hackers and cyberwarriors.

It's an occupational hazard. There are downsides to living here as well as the upsides (no empty shelves here).

More seriously, I have been bedevilled with like problems in trying to contact my UK bank. (Which I must post about sometime)

Welcome back! Let's celebrate!

gWNTZZL.gif

Welcome back, did you try using a VPN and routing through a different country?

e90e66f3f26227466591299fe44d6a91.jpeg

I'm a bit perplexed, because I could have sworn I'd read some recent posts from you not that long ago...? In fact, in my head you're a 'semi regular' poster on here, if that makes sense. Must have been reading older posts all this time without realising. :thought:

That said, I do feel like the months are flying by so it's probably just me being daft!

I'm a bit perplexed, because I could have sworn I'd read some recent posts from you not that long ago...? In fact, in my head you're a 'semi regular' poster on here, if that makes sense. Must have been reading older posts all this time without realising. :thought:

That said, I do feel like the months are flying by so it's probably just me being daft!
I thought exactly the same thing yesterday, so I clicked on the username to see when Zeke last posted, and nothing happened. Hmmm. So I clicked on Floyd1's username and the same thing, er, nothing happened. Thinking my computer was acting extra weird (when is a computer not acting extra weird?), I tried Dinobot and it did work. Hmmm. Couldn't have anything to do with the three browsers running with a total of 50 or 60 tabs open...

Anyway, May 28. Weird. I'd have guessed last week. Berenstoin effect er sumpm maybe.

So welcome back Zeke! I should quit complaining about our slow internet here in the sticks. We might have dial-up speeds half the time, but we usually can get where we want to go.

I’ve had this problem regularly. Now most times, I just wait until my IP address changes. But I have got Enola’s email address on file. That’s how I now contact him if I am really desperate. So if you have trouble accessing the forum from other sites, good old email should help you out.

I’ve had this problem regularly. Now most times, I just wait until my IP address changes. But I have got Enola’s email address on file. That’s how I now contact him if I am really desperate. So if you have trouble accessing the forum from other sites, good old email should help you out.

Indeed.

And if anybody needs an email contact for me, please PM me and I will provide one.

With Enola, Gordon and I on duty regularly, one of us should be able to look into problems regardless of which time-zone you inhabit.

Henry? Not seen since August...

Seems to me that Henry has always bobbed in and out of the gig - appearing at times for a very short while, and sometimes going AWOL for long periods.

I definitely notice when he's not around. I kind of picture him sitting in a sawdust strewn bar with Iggy Pop, hunched over a decent bourbon (if there is such a thing), quietly keeping a weather eye on the enormous biker and his overweight bulldog sleeping on the floor, while arguing over whether So Alone is Johnny Thunders best album. Or finding himself by accident in a hurricane battered bingo hall in Mississippi with Tom Waits - as the latter serenades a couple of blue rinsed harpies sitting next to him, and everyone else shouts at them to shut up.

Last edited:
Back