• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

This may seem a little morbid, but is there some way I can set up a mechanism to advise y'all - my friends - if I kick the bucket? Bear in mind I have no close family. I have considered giving my real life friends a list but that seems even more morbid.
Morbid, bugger it. Give a list to your friends to deal with. They are going to have to sort out the gas and leccy etc they may as well sort out Fortean as well. Write yourself a whopping obituary while you are at it
Suggestions for @Cochise obituary, all in good taste and harmless fun. I don't want to lose anyone else from this forum!

@Cochise (1982-2089) had a rich and varied life, having been a ninja for hire, helicopter pilot, winner of Strictly Come Dancing, winner of Great British Bake Off and Britain's Got Talent, although he would later regret being the person responsible for cancelling the original series of Star Trek, but that didn't stop him from cancelling the series Farscape. His greatest pride was his photo collection of Cromer potholes. @Cochise was a fond favourite of the Fortean Forum, and his presence brought joy to all who met him.

LONG LIVE @Cochise !:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Last edited:
I'd like my obituary to read 'Reverend D, polymath, athlete, intellectual, genius, male model and compulsive liar'
I believe you've got that the wrong way round 'Reverend D?'
Should be. . . compulsive liar, etc.
:)

Who knows, being a compulsive liar makes it hard to keep track of what way round my fabricated biographies should be.
Most unconvincing first. . . very convincing last, then people will remember the last bit first and forget about the first bit altogether, simply because the last bit in your biography will overshadow everything else! :bthumbup:

I was thinking about GNC last night while watching Vanishing Point. He certainly knew his films.
He did. It seems like no-one knows where he's gone.

Did we ever learn about what became of Nosmo King? Or Naughty Felid?

Someone else who's vanished is Souleater, who was one of the first people to engage with me when I first joined in on here. I wonder if anyone knows anything?

I wonder if I would be missed if I vanished from here? Like THAT'S ever gonna happen!

I was thinking about GNC last night while watching Vanishing Point. He certainly knew his films.
Classic road film. The remote desert locations are expansive & spectacular & the music soundtrack is great too. Interestingly I see that the UK version had a scene near the end in which Kowalski picks up mysterious hitchhiker Charlotte Rampling who gives him some weed then vanishes next morning.

The version shown last night was the US version in which this scene was cut. I’ve seen the film a few times & never seen the one with the Charlotte Rampling scene.

He did. It seems like no-one knows where he's gone.

Did we ever learn about what became of Nosmo King? Or Naughty Felid?

Someone else who's vanished is Souleater, who was one of the first people to engage with me when I first joined in on here. I wonder if anyone knows anything?

I wonder if I would be missed if I vanished from here? Like THAT'S ever gonna happen!

Souleater was Nosmo King, he'd just changed his username. :) Unfortunately he hasn't been online for a very long time but I remember someone saying he'd mentioned how he had a new girlfriend, so hopefully he's just busy with life. Naughty Field hasn't been around for a while either however I remember spotting a post or 2 after they'd been away for a while so I assume again they're just busy with life (fingers crossed anyway!) After Enola's passing you do start to wonder about people.

FYI you're not allowed to leave. :mad: (you would be missed!)

Souleater was Nosmo King, he'd just changed his username. :) Unfortunately he hasn't been online for a very long time but I remember someone saying he'd mentioned how he had a new girlfriend, so hopefully he's just busy with life. Naughty Field hasn't been around for a while either however I remember spotting a post or 2 after they'd been away for a while so I assume again they're just busy with life (fingers crossed anyway!) After Enola's passing you do start to wonder about people.

FYI you're not allowed to leave. :mad: (you would be missed!)
Thanks Cloudbusting. Thanks for reminding me. I knew Nosmo King had been reincarnated but I had forgotten he had previously been Souleater. Hopefully his new girlfriend is keeping him.... errm.... gainfully occupied. Maybe he will pop up again one day, when the gravitational pull of weird sh*t brings him back into orbit, as might the Lesser Spotted Naughty Felid.

As for leaving, I get the feeling this Forum is a bit like one of those incredible Escher pictures where the dimensions seem to double back on themselves, so you can never get to the top of the staircase, or whatever.

Classic road film. The remote desert locations are expansive & spectacular & the music soundtrack is great too. Interestingly I see that the UK version had a scene near the end in which Kowalski picks up mysterious hitchhiker Charlotte Rampling who gives him some weed then vanishes next morning.

The version shown last night was the US version in which this scene was cut. I’ve seen the film a few times & never seen the one with the Charlotte Rampling scene.
I don't think I've ever seen the Rampling version either.

It was filmed at the same time as Two Lane Blacktop (which had a good hour and a half cut from it) and like Vanishing Point, didn't do very well at first, but later became a cult film too.

I don't think I've ever seen the Rampling version either.

It was filmed at the same time as Two Lane Blacktop (which had a good hour and a half cut from it) and like Vanishing Point, didn't do very well at first, but later became a cult film too.
Veering off the thread topic but I’ve never seen Two Lane Blacktop - is it any good & worthy of cult classic status?

Veering off the thread topic but I’ve never seen Two Lane Blacktop - is it any good & worthy of cult classic status?
It's got Harry Dean Stanton in it, so probably yes.
My vague recollection was that it was a bit 'meh'.

Yup, it's like East Rider only with cars.

It does of course feature the great Warren Oates speaking one of my all-time favourite lines, 'All right, Shit for Brains!'

First saw t'fillum in about 1977 on TV and nearly died laughing when he said that. :rollingw:

Great, thanks! A lot of theories that she was Death - she’d been waiting for him for a long time etc, doesn’t give her name, the kiss of death, appears in the middle of nowhere then vanishes.

Alternatively, spaced out on speed & lack of sleep, he hallucinated/dreamt the whole thing.

Should’ve been left in imo - it’s adds another layer. The romantic music is all wrong though - something more eerie/spooky, slightly menacing, would be better.

I’ve always had the hots for Charlotte Rampling & she’s well foxy in this.

Back