• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Last edited:
Anyone heard from Coal? He's vanished like an old oak table.

(He's probably making some kind of fantastic electronic device in the attic).
Very probably...

Peter-Cushing-Daleks-Invasion-2150.jpg

I've emailed @GNC using the two addresses I have for him.

I'll post again if I hear back.

Fingers crossed.

I'm afraid that I received no response.

I don't have enough personal data to confirm my fears, but suffice to say the fact that he did not respond to a message at his personal address is... bad.

Nothing more I can do at this end.

Anyone heard from Coal? He's vanished like an old oak table.

(He's probably making some kind of fantastic electronic device in the attic).
“Vanished @Floyd1, not varnished."

No more than a sudden change from part-time work (bored), to full time (canned it, still bored), to semi-retirement (might as well, I have a coil gun to make), disrupted by a knee problem that stopped me walking for about 6 weeks and then an old job popping out the woodwork and I'm now back working full-time and having to think harder than I've needed too for a couple of years. But it's fun, so. :hoff:

“Vanished @Floyd1, not varnished."

No more than a sudden change from part-time work (bored), to full time (canned it, still bored), to semi-retirement (might as well, I have a coil gun to make), disrupted by a knee problem that stopped me walking for about 6 weeks and then an old job popping out the woodwork and I'm now back working full-time and having to think harder than I've needed too for a couple of years. But it's fun, so. :hoff:
Welcome back, let's have cake!

Katie+Pai.ow.scrotum-2.jpg

Welcome back, let's have cake!

I wonder if the message on that cake is a very specific apology for damage inflicted - or just a more general message of sympathy. I also wonder why they seem to have done the lettering very carefully but weirdly they put an 'a' instead of an 'o' in 'about'. I also wonder why I don't have more important things to worry about.

I wonder if the message on that cake is a very specific apology for damage inflicted - or just a more general message of sympathy. I also wonder why they seem to have done the lettering very carefully but weirdly they put an 'a' instead of an 'o' in 'about'. I also wonder why I don't have more important things to worry about.
You should...

tumblr_de90fb71a668d07108414c7e74a20256_46c08b9e_400-2.gif

tumblr_a736acaf5a71de0267e333dd1882fb03_902aa44f_540-3.jpg
tumblr_43e983e070d9e6f867bfbbce86aaeecf_57d6b0e3_400-2.gif

But it's still cake. :twothumbs:

If you're chained to a radiator it would seem like forever.

Too soon? :cool2:
I would rather have a cup of tea. Earl Grey. With a splosh of milk.

Last edited:
All this coming and going reminds me of a joke I once told Mary Whitehouse;
Why is a woman like a hurricane?
Because when she comes she's warm and wet and when she leaves she takes your house and car with her.

Back