• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I've got Fortean backup. I'm sure I'll be fi........
I've had you cloned....

voy-lifeline39a.jpg

I am so endlessly disgusted with this whole thing, nothing more than a money making system, the heck with the patient.
Thank you for the good thoughts!
Because the US has for profit medicine, it is possible to buy medical practices (and vet practices) as investments. The AMA (among others) is sounding the alarm on how private equity firms have entered the medical field to get outrageous rates of return on their investments: “The notion here is that the private equity firms buy the practices and then their investors expect them to get their money back in roughly five to seven years at a 20% to 30% profit,” said AMA member Francis J. Crosson, MD"
https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-m...arned-pitfalls-behind-private-equity-promises
I don't know of any normal investment that's supposed to get 20% to 30% return in 5 to 7 years.

This is off topic so apologies to mods and everyone, just wanted to respond to Ronnie Jersey's experience. This kind of medicine can cost people more than money, it can cost lives. Wishing a speedy and complete recovery to your husband, RJ!

The best UK shares 2017-2022​

Looking at the FTSE All-Share index, the best stocks to buy in 2017 were:

1. Future (+1,317%)
  2. Games Workshop Group (+659%)
  3. Kainos Group (+512%)
  4. Ocado Group (+350%)
  5. Softcat (+330%)
https://www.fool.co.uk/2022/03/29/f...est-performing-uk-shares-in-the-last-5-years/

maximus otter
If only I hadn't sold nearly all my Future shares!

I worked for Future for about 14 years during which there was a share issue - they were priced at £4.24 if memory serves. They then rose to around £9 before collapsing to a few pence.

I made a profit on selling most of my shares, bought some more and didn't make a profit, and kept a small number just to get the annual shareholder info. Well, that and the cheque for 3p that I forget to bank!

When Tesco made me redundant in 2010 I sold all the shares they had given me during my time there. The day that I sold them was the day that shares in Tesco peaked. They were never as high as that ever again as they did some big shares division thing which devalued them massively. 8 grand I got for those shares. Tidy.

When Tesco made me redundant in 2010 I sold all the shares they had given me during my time there. The day that I sold them was the day that shares in Tesco peaked. They were never as high as that ever again as they did some big shares division thing which devalued them massively. 8 grand I got for those shares. Tidy.
And I suspect you suddenly became very popular with local widows.

Update: Mr. R was in surgery for almost three hours, had an artery bypass, and is doing well!
He is staying for another day or two in the hospital, and will take some time to heal.
Give Mr R a hug from me and the Mrs please Ronnie (normally we'd recommend a hand job instead but wait until he's back on his feet first) X

I am pretty amazed at Games Workshop's growth. Wow.
It might be an effect of the covid lockdowns, where sales of craft products shot up.

They discontinued and rebooted their entire line so you had to, more or less, start from scratch - this might account for it. Although there was some backlash and they have reintroduced some of the older gaming system(s) I believe.

It could also be a product of the increasing popularity of board games in general.

They discontinued and rebooted their entire line so you had to, more or less, start from scratch - this might account for it. Although there was some backlash and they have reintroduced some of the older gaming system(s) I believe.

It could also be a product of the increasing popularity of board games in general.

From a retailer's perspective, covid absolutely was the best thing that ever happened to the world of board games and jigsaw puzzles. Sales doubled and tripled for us in some lines and stock was hard to obtain.
Oddly enough, at the height of covid, when the world went batshit crazy and bought out the entire supply of toilet paper, it caused a slow down in jigsaw production which took months to balance out again because the bulk of jigsaws are made from the same paper pulp that toilet rolls are made from and of course they had priority.

When I worked in kids' homes there'd be a cupboard where shoplifted goods were kept after confiscation.

I once grabbed a deodorant from there for a quick spray and my armpits filled with blue and green shaving foam. Curses.
That's better than my uncle who grabbed the pile cream to clean his teeth.

I got my Domestos and my Bells Whisky mixed up. I ended up killing 99% of all known germs, and the other one was too drunk to bother.

(Thanks to Ronnie Corbett for that)

Sorry just realised this should be in the 'humour and jokes' thread, but I'm just following on from the posts above.

So....as you were.

Back