• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Hi AJ. Good to see ya.

Hi! It's good to be back. My Fortean-related posting mojo does seem to wax and wane with life in all its awesomeness and awfulness.

It's been a couple of years of loved people departing, fixing up meds for new conditions, setting up a village community thingy, getting seriously and conciously into simple living, gardening and just watching life around me, realising I'm probably a high-functioning autistic woman, bloody menopause, assisting immediate family and listening to undemanding audiobooks that made me smile. I also did a few bucket-listy type things, just in case. I went to see Lionel Richie live at an outdoor concert.

I knew I'd be ready for the weirdness at some point, I just hope the weirdness is ready for me after my break :)

A couple of peeps here knew I was still alive via that BookFace thing so could report back if I was splatted in some bizarre accident.

So many things to report on, and am looking forward to relating my fascinating information drivel in due course!

Last edited:
I think I am (kinda) back. I set up a local community project which took up my spare time and did me some travellin' :)
Welcome back, have some cake!

20-6.jpg

Hi! It's good to be back. My Fortean-related posting mojo does seem to wax and wane with life in all its awesomeness and awfulness.

It's been a couple of years of loved people departing, fixing up meds for new conditions, setting up a village community thingy, getting seriously and conciously into simple living, gardening and just watching life around me, realising I'm probably a high-functioning autistic woman, bloody menopause, assisting immediate family and listening to undemanding audiobooks that made me smile. I also did a few bucket-listy type things, just in case. I went to see Lionel Richie live at an outdoor concert.

I knew I'd be ready for the weirdness at some point, I just hope the weirdness is ready for me after my break :)

A couple of peeps here knew I was still alive via that BookFace thing so could report back if I was splatted in some bizarre accident.

So many things to report on, and am looking forward to relating my fascinating information drivel in due course!
I hope you didn't damage the turf if the outdoor gig was at Somerset's cricket ground in Taunton!

More seriously, good to have you back!

(I probably spend more time here than is good for me, but this is pretty much my only social media.)

He must be 87 by now.
It must have been quite traumatic.
I hope you had a nice long sit down afterwards.

73! I took me Ma as we are both into the Richster groove. It was pretty good! Took my own wheelchair so had some very nice sit downs :)

I hope you didn't damage the turf if the outdoor gig was at Somerset's cricket ground in Taunton!

More seriously, good to have you back!

(I probably spend more time here than is good for me, but this is pretty much my only social media.)

'Twas indeed the venue, it was great! Many thanks :)

Back