Missing In Action: Posters Who Have Wandered Off

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Nope. Not at all. And it's not the first time you've assumed without evidence that something I've posted has been about you. Seriously, when I've had an issue with something you've posted, I've addressed it directly; you may not believe it but I respect your opinion and your ability to fight your corner - even if I disagree, sometimes vehemently.

The above comment was inspired by a particularly nasty attack (by someone else entirely) on a poster who, as far as I'm aware, has never once raised his voice to anyone. As the person involved was man enough not to spot his boxers about it then I'm not going to do it for him - but I do reserve the right not to like it very much, and to be glad when such behaviour is not around so much. There's robust, and then there's just rude - surely that's something everyone can agree on.
Fair enough, and thank you for responding. As I’ve only been checking in occasionally I’ve missed this nasty attack entirely. Sounds unpleasant though.

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Zeke and DrBastard: both MIA.
Thanks for noticing! No sulking, this time! I got locked out of the system somehow. I put in the wromg password in a few times - just a matter of one wrong case - and then it wouldn't let me retry - nor would it send me a new password, for some reason.

I was dithering over whether or not to go through the whole rigmarole of setting up a new identity and found the whole idea daunting.

But I I tried to log in again today, on the off chance, and -lo!- the situation seems to have righted itself automatically - don't know what all that was about!

Good to be back!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Thanks for noticing! No sulking, this time! I got locked out of the system somehow. I put in the wromg password in a few times - just a matter of one wrong case - and then it wouldn't let me retry - nor would it send me a new password, for some reason.

I was dithering over whether or not to go through the whole rigmarole of setting up a new identity and found the whole idea daunting.

But I I tried to log in again today, on the off chance, and -lo!- the situation seems to have righted itself automatically - don't know what all that was about!

Good to be back!
If anybody needs 'insurance' in this respect, PM me and I will send you an email address at which you can contact me whenever such problems occur.

Glad to see you back, Zeke.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Fats_Tuesday is lurking around the place: a venerable poster (been here longer than me--longer than most of us) who washes up from time to time.

Need to get your old avatar back, mate.

Are the refugees from that UFOlogy forum still around? Just wondering as they seemed very keen, started many threads and then....

Anyone have news of Ulalume and Coastaljames? Ulalume's blog is still active, so she's okay - but she doesn't seem to have been around this way for ages.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
There has been a nasty virus going around, I'm still trying to shake it off. Totally wiped me out yesterday, and I can't be the only one.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
There has been a nasty virus going around, I'm still trying to shake it off. Totally wiped me out yesterday, and I can't be the only one.
This winter: it's had a hell of a bite--I don't know anybody that hasnt bad something and something lingering at that. And it seems to have been on both sides of the world.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
This winter: it's had a hell of a bite--I don't know anybody that hasnt bad something and something lingering at that. And it seems to have been on both sides of the world.
I know! It's as if viruses are gearing up for the time antibiotics no longer work.