• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I'm not interested in why anyone stops posting. It's up to them.
It was the mention of changes in the board that caught my eye. Thought I'd missed something important.
Yes, I'm wondering the same, as if I missed something happening - did most of the members become rabidly islamophobic reptilian brexiteers while I was washing my hair, or something? There are rumours, of course, but I really didn't notice.

Back to more important things, my thoughts are with all of you who are going through crappy times right now. It's not always easy to stay positive, but it's important to continue to believe that things can and will get better.

I'm not disappearing in a puff of smoke, but as from Sunday I'm overseas for a week or two.

I'm not able to say whether I'll be checking in regularly or not, so apologies in advance if things get a little messy and the tape on the answering machine runs out.

*Insert cheers here*

Back--might take a while to catch up.

Certainly does.

In positive and negative ways.

I'll bet you enjoyed Brexit while you were here! I've talked to a lot of people about it, mostly since the referendum, and without exception, everyone thinks it's going brilliantly well.

Joking (and politics) aside, thank goodness our elected representatives can't completely destroy the soul of this country, the scenery, the history. It's still a pretty decent place, and I hope you enjoyed your re-visit.

I'll bet you enjoyed Brexit while you were here! I've talked to a lot of people about it, mostly since the referendum, and without exception, everyone thinks it's going brilliantly well.

I couldn't believe how much it was discussed in the pub. By people who know nothing about politics. And how much everybody talks about Donald Trump.

I blame the media.

Why not blame millenials or immigrants? Everyone else does.

No signs of a return by @Schrodinger's Zebra as yet. Or of @Frideswide

A great pity :((

(ps nor any traces of Rynner...)

Is anybody in contact with Schrodinger's Zebra through any other means? I know she only joined this year, but she threw herself into it and looked like a long-term candidate?

And obviously with her last posts there is some small cause for concern. I do have her email address, but as we've never been in communication I feel as if it is inappropriate to use it.

Bit worried about David Plankton, too. Maybe he's just taking a break.
Bigphoot2 aka 'Phooty' doesn't seem to have been on for a few days either .. it's just occurred to me this morning ..

There are posters who I got used to seeing on a daily basis who just disappear. It's hard to notice. Sometimes we get a wave of new posters, adding more threads etc and it's easy to get caught up in a flurry and not notice when someone just goes quiet.

I wonder how long it would take for you lot to notice if I went quiet?

Probably long after I started dripping through my mattress.

...And obviously with her last posts there is some small cause for concern. I do have her email address, but as we've never been in communication I feel as if it is inappropriate to use it.

It's not so long since she told us about her problem. I think her head will still be a bit all over the place. And - as well intentioned as it may be - some people reach a point where they become a bit saturated with other people's concern, especially in the early days. If it was me I'd leave any attempt at contact just a little while longer. But that's just me.

Bigphoot2 aka 'Phooty' doesn't seem to have been on for a few days either .. it's just occurred to me this morning ..

I'm back - alive and well. I was house/dog-sitting for friends who were on holiday and had no interwebby access. "Just make yourself at home...oh and the computer's knackered."
And to follow that I've been keeping an eye on an elderly uncle who isn't in the best of health. He's driving me and his sons mad - the world's most uncooperative patient who knows better than a hospital full of doctors. Even trying to get him to take his medication when he's supposed to is a nightmare. He has pills to take when he wakes up, before meals, after meals and before bed. That's a waste of time according to him so he takes the whole lot when he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, wakes up and takes them all again. And when he's challenged about it, he refuses to take any.
Anyway, back to almost normal and I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Nice to be home :)

I'm back - alive and well. I was house/dog-sitting for friends who were on holiday and had no interwebby access. "Just make yourself at home...oh and the computer's knackered."
And to follow that I've been keeping an eye on an elderly uncle who isn't in the best of health. He's driving me and his sons mad - the world's most uncooperative patient who knows better than a hospital full of doctors. Even trying to get him to take his medication when he's supposed to is a nightmare. He has pills to take when he wakes up, before meals, after meals and before bed. That's a waste of time according to him so he takes the whole lot when he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, wakes up and takes them all again. And when he's challenged about it, he refuses to take any.
Anyway, back to almost normal and I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Nice to be home :)
We've kept your bedroom just as you left it :) (because the hoover's broken sorry)

Back