• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I'm back - alive and well. I was house/dog-sitting for friends who were on holiday and had no interwebby access. "Just make yourself at home...oh and the computer's knackered."
And to follow that I've been keeping an eye on an elderly uncle who isn't in the best of health. He's driving me and his sons mad - the world's most uncooperative patient who knows better than a hospital full of doctors. Even trying to get him to take his medication when he's supposed to is a nightmare. He has pills to take when he wakes up, before meals, after meals and before bed. That's a waste of time according to him so he takes the whole lot when he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, wakes up and takes them all again. And when he's challenged about it, he refuses to take any.
Anyway, back to almost normal and I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Nice to be home :)

Glad you've rematerialised, old chap.

Peanut butter... handcuffs... I don't know, I disappear from here for a few weeks... *shakes head*

Anyway. As soon as I received my hospital appointment for this morning I promised myself that I'd post on here with an update, whatever the outcome. So here I am.

First of all; I'm absolutely and utterly astounded by all the well-wishes I've received, I honestly hand-on-heart was floored when I read them all. Guess I've made an impression in the short while I've been posting on here. Thank you so much - you are all wonderful people and I am proud to call you my online friends. :group:

Well onto business. The last four weeks have honestly been the worst of my life (and they haven't been brilliant for Mr Zebs either). There's been a lot of crying, a lot of fears for the future / unsure will I even have a future. I can definitely say that Alison Moyet no longer holds the "All Cried Out" status.

This morning was "CT Scan Results Day". Me and Mr Zebra walked (well technically he walked, I wheelchaired) into the hospital in a haze of utter terror, him trying to stay positive and me utterly convinced I was going to be told I was going to die. Didn't help that we were going into the same room, to meet the same consultant and nurse, as last time. (Having Anxiety sucks).

But my dear FT friends, it is in the words of the nurse today, "good news so far". Turns out the cyst or growth they thought was somewhere bad is actually not where they thought it was but somewhere a bit less worrisome. The blood tests they did were for various tumour markers and they have come back, to use the consultant's speak, as "no significant abnormalities found". Which is good news, again. And apparently the CT scan hasn't shown up any signs of anything spreading.

So the next step is to be handed over to The Surgeons, apparently. Which is quite an abstract concept, because I was sure my consultant is a Surgeon too, but he says this is no longer in his field of expertise.

Bad news is I will need an operation to remove it, so next step will be getting an appointment to see one of these mysterious Surgeons of which the consultant spoke, presumably to discuss the operation. Never had an op before, bit scared but not as scared as I've been since I was last here.

So... yeah. That's about it. Hopefully this wasn't too long but you probably know by now that I like to explain things thoroughly.

In terms of posting on here, I can't promise owt for certain as my head is still all over the place. (Funny thing about anxiety, it builds up in you so much that even when the danger is past, the anxiety doesn't just go away immediately).

As I stated in my last post, I know some of you are going through your own troubles and just cos I haven't been here doesn't mean to say I haven't been thinking of you. Cos I have been. I do hope all is going well for you.

Special thanks to all of you who sent well wishes; I was going to type out your names but there's so damn many of you that it would make this post even more hideously longer than it already is. So you know who you are, and this song is for you:

So the next step is to be handed over to The Surgeons, apparently. Which is quite an abstract concept, because I was sure my consultant is a Surgeon too, but he says this is no longer in his field of expertise.

Bad news is I will need an operation to remove it, so next step will be getting an appointment to see one of these mysterious Surgeons of which the consultant spoke, presumably to discuss the operation. Never had an op before, bit scared but not as scared as I've been since I was last here.
No, no. Sturgeons - they're handing you over to the Sturgeons. Nicola and husband, most likely.
:D

Good to see you back.

Hope you will soon be back better than ever. I felt a little surge of joy when I saw your name on another post.

Aww thanks Iris.

I shouldn't actually be on here now, I should be tucked up fast asleep but you know what it's like, log on intending just to post a quick update, then notice there are 56 alerts to get through, then notice some interesting new threads and "ooh I'll just read that one, just for a bit..."

and before you know it it's quarter past midnight and you realise that if you don't get to sleep you'll wake up too late to listen to James Valentine in the Afternoons when you wake up in the morning.

Good news Zebs, just the thing to wake up to on a miserable morning. You'll soon be back to normal (or what passes for normal on here :) )

Zebs M8, that's great news! :nelly:

Here's a tip:
some people have a vomiting reaction to general anaesthetic. It's not a sign of anything wrong, it just happens to some people. They'll give you meds to stop it right away so don't worry about it, but if it crops up you're ready.
Maybe prep the Mister to step in and ask for them the minute you feel queasy. That's what I'd do.

Me and Phooty will wash the peanut butter off the furry handcuffs for when you're back for proper Zebs XX

Here's a song for you and Mr Zebs so you can both dance like a spaz ..

Last edited:
Me and Phooty will wash the peanut butter off the furry handcuffs for when you're back for proper Zebs XX

It's not the peanut butter I'm worried about...what are those stains?

Haven't heard that in a while. My EX-gf loved S.O.P F.C. Years after we spilt I became pally with the drummer who was here in Sweden running club nights. He gave me a boat load of rare singles presses, tapes and other promo stuff. I've no idea where it all is now and I haven't seem him for about 10 years!

"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater"

Haven't heard that in a while. My EX-gf loved S.O.P F.C. Years after we spilt I became pally with the drummer who was here in Sweden running club nights. He gave me a boat load of rare singles presses, tapes and other promo stuff. I've no idea where it all is now and I haven't seem him for about 10 years!

"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater"
"Pure new wool and perfect stitches,
Not the kind of jumper that makes you itches""

Still no Graylian.

Does he post elsewhere?

Not much to add, but good news for you, Zebs, has cheered everyone up here, so I can't imagine how relieved you must feel as the actual patient.

Back