• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Almost every bench in the tourist part of Cromer is dedicated to someone who used to holiday here and has since passed on, little brass plaques with messages like 'Dedicated to Bill and Norma Jones who spent many happy years here' and the like .. sometimes I'll be walking past them with some friend : "Christ, look at all the memoriams on these benches, don't sit on the benches, they're deadly!."
One day, you will be immortalised on one of those plaques.

Almost every bench in the tourist part of Cromer is dedicated to someone who used to holiday here and has since passed on, little brass plaques with messages like 'Dedicated to Bill and Norma Jones who spent many happy years here' and the like .. sometimes I'll be walking past them with some friend : "Christ, look at all the memoriams on these benches, don't sit on the benches, they're deadly!."

Bangor Pier is like that, absolutely covered in plaques dedicated to people who loved the place but have now popped off.

Until recently, there were two incredible ornately carved benches situated at the 'mouth' of the driveway leading to North Lodge Park and the council office building in Cromer, from memory, the engravings (and so also the benches) were from the the 1930's .. a bit of rot set in and as far as I can tell (and I'll cut to the chase and avoid the bullshit), they're more than likely in some yuppie's back garden now instead, a meeting happened .. and we now have two modern benches with, as yet, un engraved bits of metal mounted on them instead.

Every time I walked past them I used to marvel on how they hadn't been stolen yet .. seems it was only a matter of time, I even had a pro carpenter quoting a more than reasonable price to restore them. North Norfolk District Council are as rotten as those benches.

Until recently, there were two incredible ornately carved benches situated at the 'mouth' of the driveway leading to North Lodge Park and the council office building in Cromer, from memory, the engravings (and so also the benches) were from the the 1930's .. a bit of rot set in and as far as I can tell (and I'll cut to the chase and avoid the bullshit), they're more than likely in some yuppie's back garden now instead, a meeting happened .. and we now have two modern benches with, as yet, un engraved bits of metal mounted on them instead.

Every time I walked past them I used to marvel on how they hadn't been stolen yet .. seems it was only a matter of time, I even had a pro carpenter quoting a more than reasonable price to restore them. North Norfolk District Council are as rotten as those benches.

What the flip was the point of the council replacing them with two modern ones when they could have just fixed the old ones? Why does all the old lovely stuff always get replaced with modern uninspiring tat?

[/end rant]

What the flip was the point of the council replacing them with two modern ones when they could have just fixed the old ones? Why does all the old lovely stuff always get replaced with modern uninspiring tat?

[/end rant]
Council connected thieves poaching near antique age benches Zebs.

Last edited:

Were they all murdered in Cromer?

I think I may have found them
d3d5908012b0c25d12f73ac33f908cc4.jpg

Hi all, just to let you all know that "my possible life term changing stuff" isn't as bad I thought it was, but it's still being investigated.

So anyway drinks are all my account/on the house. So lay-on MacDuff!

P.S. I wasn't trying to ride on the tails of Zeb's post (does a Zeb have more than tail?) with my initial post/s.

Last edited:
Hi all, just to let you all know that "my possible life term changing stuff" isn't as bad I thought it was, but it's still being investigated.

P.S. I wasn't trying to ride on the tails of Zeb's post (do Zeb's have more than tail?) with my initial post/s.

I doubt anyone thought that, worry ye not, we all have our real life stuff to deal with after all. Nice to see you back.

P.S. I wasn't trying to ride on the tails of Zeb's post (does a Zeb have more than tail?) with my initial post/s.
Good news boss *gives manly one armed bro hug* :)

Great to hear that it's not super bad and I hope it turns out to be nothing at all.

Mine's a pint bottle of Guinness.

Is Megadeth about? Maybe I'm not not on the same threads as him.

Council connected thieves poaching near antique age benches Zebs.
It took me a while to understand that sentence :p

Hmmph. They could surely have just locked them down with some metal hoops bolted into the ground or summat.

The benches, that is.

Not the thieves.
Oh, I think we can make an exception for some of them

Is Megadeth about? Maybe I'm not not on the same threads as him

woot! he's fine :D
Fridsey answering herself lol

Nothing wrong with it...just has a Gaulish air about it, to my eyes. Also the driving position would be perfect for tearing along the middle of the f*cking road whilst swigging homemade vin de table from a jerry can while scrawny, diseased chickens flap about the cab ;)

...as all Frenchmen do.

What's the Uncle Monty connection?? Obviously I'm being a bit thick here!

Last edited:
I was just humourously suggested that you were impugning this fine vehicle's reputation with the accusation of it possibly being French.

Ah, sorry, I'm with you now. I enjoyed the quote even if I didn't immediately get the joke.

To be fair not all French are toilet traders, as far as we know - I don't think anyone's ever done the research.

Is that steering wheel in the middle of the dashboard?

No - it's on the 'port side' (American format), anchored to the instrument cluster.

Frideswide asked me to post that if we don't hear from her for a while it's OK. She's away from home and using a mate's phone and can't get onto the board. No search party required!

Last edited:
Back