• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

It certainly is infringing copyright and there is indirect financial gain. It's about 'site traffic'. An article pasted here isn't being read on its own site so this site is taking that site's traffic away.

The correct way is to quote the article and put up a link to it so it's read on its own page and everyone's happy. Rynner refused to do this.

Good point. I didn't think about traffic. Although given the state of most news sites these days, with multiple popups, videos that automatically play, and tonnes of those "Grandma Looks 53. Her Skincare Secret Will AMAZE You" ads, I'd much rather read elsewhere...

We could try polyfiller, but its a bugger to get the colour to match your complexion, that and ya still need a sander to get it level

Well I've wandered back again. Incidentally, how come all the content from the old Dennis board is still here? I missed the transition but last I read there was legal guff about how it was impossible to transfer anything over to a new board so I assumed all would be lost?

Well I've wandered back again. Incidentally, how come all the content from the old Dennis board is still here? I missed the transition but last I read there was legal guff about how it was impossible to transfer anything over to a new board so I assumed all would be lost?
Welcome back and It's a long story. Team work.

We struck a deal.

The legal guff was, in appears in hindsight, the magazine publisher's opening offer. The fact that we were able to salvage, re-index and transfer the whole database was down to Gordon Rutter (at the Charles Fort Institute, now a moderator) and rev-dino (our technical admin). Honourable mentions to Bob Rickard (FT Founder) and his friends for exerting influence where it was required.

Welcome back, Graylien.

We struck a deal.

The legal guff was, in appears hindsight, the magazine publisher's opening offer. The fact that we were able to salvage, re-index and transfer the whole database was down to Gordon Rutter (at the Charles Fort Institute, now a moderator) and rev-dino (our technical admin). Honourable mentions to Bob Rickard (FT Founder) and his friends for exerting influence where it was required.

Welcome back, Graylien.
But I hasten to add a long time board member - look to the left of the screen for details - so I didn’t just come with the change in scenery! And Stu, Yithian and EnolaGaia put a lot of work in as well. As Swifty said, teamwork from a group of people who thought this was all too valuable to lose.

Heh, I thought that for years. It's the name.
Unlike Enola Gaye who has delivered random re organisation as a mod on Forteana, the Enola Gaye was the aircraft that delivered the atomic bomb to Hiroshima arguably ending WW2 .. and then a song by OMD ..

Back