Missing In Action: Posters Who Have Wandered Off

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Using your phone at work? REPORTED!
:rollingw:

A sore point. Last year we were told to sign a declaration that we wouldn't use our phones at work.

As we need to use smartphones to keep on top of the job we're not about to give them up, but some people did sign. I refused on the grounds that it's MY phone for which I pay the bill so it's up to ME how I use it.
My boss wan't impressed but I didn't care. He was like *'sigh* FFS, Scargy!'
He is a nice boss.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
:rollingw:

A sore point. Last year we were told to sign a declaration that we wouldn't use our phones at work.

As we need to use smartphones to keep on top of the job we're not about to give them up, but some people did sign. I refused on the grounds that it's MY phone for which I pay the bill so it's up to ME how I use it.
My boss wan't impressed but I didn't care. He was like *'sigh* FFS, Scargy!'
He is a nice boss.
Without it you'd have to stay in contact by snail mail...?

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
Came to this thread to see if Shady's absence had been noted and I see others have indeed noticed it. Hope she is OK.
I sent Shady a private message on 1st Feb asking if she was ok, but I haven't had a response.

I am now quite worried (as I'm sure others on here are).

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I sent Shady a private message on 1st Feb asking if she was ok, but I haven't had a response.

I am now quite worried (as I'm sure others on here are).
I sent her a PM too and haven't received a reply.
Worried too.

INT21

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
My last PM to shady was back in November.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
That's a relief (utterly selfishly, it means I can discuss The Orville with someone when it returns).
Isn't it finished? Like, cancelled?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it finished? Like, cancelled?
No.

At Comic-Con last summer it was announced that The Orville was moving from FOX to Hulu. Season 3 is (said to be ...) scheduled to begin in late 2020 on Hulu.

XBergMann

Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet
Reaction score
Whoever here's altered Rynner's writing under his avatar to 'gone but not forgotten', that's a lovely touch and thank you.
Sorry if this a dim question is Rynner still with us? I did enjoy reading his posts over the years

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this a dim question is Rynner still with us? I did enjoy reading his posts over the years
He isn't 'with us' in the sense of being an active member, but we have no reason to believe that he has left the land of the living.

The short reason why is that he was against our attempts to reform the board; indeed he took it personally.

I wish he hadn't.

His last post is here:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ords-reincarnations.8481/page-32#post-1693308

XBergMann

Fear not, I mean no harm to your planet
Reaction score

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
After interesting and courteous PMs we have reached an understanding and I am DELIGHTED to announce that @Schrodinger's Zebra is returning!

She isn't "staying" because she didn't flounce off. She left properly and it's only because she very kindly picked up and read my PM that she is back.

Which is wonderful!

It also occurs to me that being Schrodinger's Zebra she is adept at both being here and not being here with striped elegance.

Frideswide

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
After interesting and courteous PMs we have reached an understanding and I am DELIGHTED to announce that @Schrodinger's Zebra is returning!

She isn't "staying" because she didn't flounce off. She left properly and it's only because she very kindly picked up and read my PM that she is back.

Which is wonderful!

It also occurs to me that being Schrodinger's Zebra she is adept at both being here and not being here with striped elegance.

Frideswide
So you looked and collapsed the wave function?

INT21

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Reversing the polarity and modulating the output? Works every time.
Even Dirac didn't think of that solution.

I wonder if reversing a collapsed wave function is what is going on it time travel (should it even be possible) ?

INT21.

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score
It's "not fewer"!
No, I believe it can be argued that the word 'fewer' would only apply if We were all just numeric quantities. The departure of some might be said to make us fewer, the loss of others will make us collectively-less.

<"Game. Second set. Federer.">

(ps if you want me to defend you in court, I'll do it pro bono if you're innocent, and quite-economically if you're guilty)