• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

She's currently in North Korea working for MI6 to sort all of this this shit out whilst bedding a few Russian agents for Her Majesty but don't tell anybody ..
I'm guessing she's also been doing a bit of driving fast, expensive cars as well.

OK folks, here I am. Techy and I were poorly for a bit but we're now back to our smelly selves.
Tech is working from home and I've been told by my lovely boss to stay off so I'm doing my thing which is sewing. Scrubs, ear protectors and head bands (to stop surgical mask elastic from attacking skin) and scrub bags to carry scrubs in.

People who sew have stashes of fabric so I'm digging into mine for the great effort. Predictably, most are unacceptable because of the pattern detail: normally skulls and a general skeletal theme. Not a great look in ICU.

OK folks, here I am. Techy and I were poorly for a bit but we're now back to our smelly selves.
Tech is working from home and I've been told by my lovely boss to stay off so I'm doing my thing which is sewing. Scrubs, ear protectors and head bands (to stop surgical mask elastic from attacking skin) and scrub bags to carry scrubs in.

People who sew have stashes of fabric so I'm digging into mine for the great effort. Predictably, most are unacceptable because of the pattern detail: normally skulls and a general skeletal theme. Not a great look in ICU.

Glad to hear you both prevailed over it! Maybe you could release a new song, too, like Bob Dylan? I'm doing my bit by NOT releasing a new song.

Seriously, though, I hope everyone's doing OK, especially those with the lurgy.

Good to hear from you. Tricky problem: maybe ditch the masks and make soft furnishings for the staff rooms?

Actually, better not. With patterns like that, there may be grim reaper cushions.

Scargy! Great to have you back and in fine form! Now the forum can return to its usual self!
DoDwzDQXkAI2_Ft.jpg

(This is what it's like without you)
659444-car-accident-2789841960720.jpg

Awww, thank you all, you daft lot.

We were watching a TV news clip this morning about a mental nurse of 30 years' experience who died suddenly of the 'rona. The symptoms he had were weird, and rather like what I had, though he obviously must have been much more ill than I was.

He had what his daughter called 'unusual fatigue', where he was exhausted for no apparent reason. He'd come off night shifts and thought it was from the change of routine but couldn't shake it off. That's what I had first and I too put it down to working weeks of very early shifts. It feels like natural if extreme tiredness.

If he'd had an oximeter to measure his blood oxygen levels he'd have known something was seriously wrong. People don't generally have those so he couldn't tell.
We both have them, along with digital thermometers, and Techy measures me constantly now.

Welcome back :)

I wish I could sew more beyond a button or a hem! My contribution has been the sourcing of bits of PPE for a relative who works in the NHS but hasn;t been issued with much at all.... hours on Chinese websites.

How are your hoarded food stocks holding up?

Welcome back :)

I wish I could sew more beyond a button or a hem! My contribution has been the sourcing of bits of PPE for a relative who works in the NHS but hasn;t been issued with much at all.... hours on Chinese websites.

How are your hoarded food stocks holding up?

Heh, we are eating like KINGS. Big fat wobbly kings. This morning's breakfast was porridge with cranberries and pine nuts with honey on top.

t'other day I made a Savoury Quarantine Flan with a pack of pastry and a pack of mozarella from the freezer, with tomato paste and an onion, all liberally sprinkled with dried herbs. It was so big I had to serve it on a turkey plate. Delicious.

Today is Roasted Anything Still In The Fridge Day so that's paneer with a green pepper, a potato, an onion and a parsnip.
The other parsnip will make me a nice soup. My needs are simple.

Anyway... doing hems and button is a perfectly adequate skill-set for making ear protectors. The NHS and care homes are crying out for them. They can be sewn or knitted or crocheted. Instructions are free, all over the 'net!

Back