Missing In Action: Posters Who Have Wandered Off

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I also remember 'los_grandes_lutz' who was active 2010-19. This may have been Lutzman's comeback after losing access to his account or whatever.

The avatar of one of these Lutz-clones was an animated Homer Simpson-type character that rose and sank.

Your memory is correct on all counts—or, at least, it aligns exactly with mine.

los_grandes_lutz was where they bothched the transfer to a new board and we could not retain our old account names nor have spaces between characters. I was, for a while, Yithian1.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score

los_grandes_lutz was where they bothched the transfer to a new board and we could not retain our old account names nor have spaces between characters. I was, for a while, Yithian1.
What are the chances of you both being wrong?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Indeed. For a while I was escargot1, when membership of this board automatically entitled me to the privilege of posting on some lad-mag one. I seem to remember that you changed the name back for me.

Yup, I remember Lutzman/los_grandes_lutz - often affectionately known as 'Lutz' - very well. He was witty and had interesting things to say.

This is an example of trusting one's own memory over the algorithm.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Indeed. For a while I was escargot1, when membership of this board automatically entitled me to the privilege of posting on some lad-mag one. I seem to remember that you changed the name back for me.

Yup, I remember Lutzman/los_grandes_lutz - often affectionately known as 'Lutz' - very well. He was witty and had interesting things to say.

This is an example of trusting one's own memory over the algorithm.
Ah, yes, Lads Mags! They made me what I am today...
Men in Swimwears in the 1900s (12).jpg

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
If she’s spraying water on a domestic chip pan flare up when there’s a perfectly good tea towel on the rail, her house burned down.
They've carefully removed the markings on the extinguisher (maybe they are different in different countries? But then, what would be the point?) but I think it's Co2 she's spraying.

Just had to do my fire safety course for work.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
They've carefully removed the markings on the extinguisher (maybe they are different in different countries? But then, what would be the point?) but I think it's Co2 she's spraying.

Just had to do my fire safety course for work.
CO2 extinguishers have a wide hard plastic hose that you dont hold as it will freeze your hand.

dmeu_y4567783_01_std.lang.all.jpg

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Reaction score
Fssswfffsss....And it looks like I'm back, for now!

I have been locked out of this site for the best part of a year, since last March at least. (Did anyone notice?) My IP address has been banned throughout this time. This has happened once before for a shorter duration - but that time it was easier because I could access the site in other areas of Moscow and PM Enola about it. This time everywhere in Moscow I went to I encountered the same blanket ban. So I was unable to contact anybody about it and unable to even view the site.

Others of you must have had similar problems as I note there is now a thread devoted to it:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ip-address-is-being-repeatedly-blocked.68719/

I find some of the technicalities of this are a bit beyond me, being only a casual, pragmatic PC user. Besides in my case, the root of my problem is simply the location from which I post - which is deemed to be a nest of would be hackers and cyberwarriors.

It's an occupational hazard. There are downsides to living here as well as the upsides (no empty shelves here).

More seriously, I have been bedevilled with like problems in trying to contact my UK bank. (Which I must post about sometime)

Anyway, it's good to be back...for however long it will be.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I have been locked out of this site for the best part of a year, since last March at least. (Did anyone notice?) My IP address has been banned throughout this time. This has happened once before for a shorter duration - but that time it was easier because I could access the site in other areas of Moscow and PM Enola about it. This time everywhere in Moscow I went to I encountered the same blanket ban. So I was unable to contact anybody about it and unable to even view the site.

Others of you must have had similar problems as I note there is now a thread devoted to it:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ip-address-is-being-repeatedly-blocked.68719/

I find some of the technicalities of this are a bit beyond me, being only a casual, pragmatic PC user. Besides in my case, the root of my problem is simply the location from which I post - which is deemed to be a nest of would be hackers and cyberwarriors.

It's an occupational hazard. There are downsides to living here as well as the upsides (no empty shelves here).

More seriously, I have been bedevilled with like problems in trying to contact my UK bank. (Which I must post about sometime)

Welcome back! Let's celebrate!

gWNTZZL.gif

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Welcome back, did you try using a VPN and routing through a different country?

e90e66f3f26227466591299fe44d6a91.jpeg

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score

I'm a bit perplexed, because I could have sworn I'd read some recent posts from you not that long ago...? In fact, in my head you're a 'semi regular' poster on here, if that makes sense. Must have been reading older posts all this time without realising. :thought:

That said, I do feel like the months are flying by so it's probably just me being daft!

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
I'm a bit perplexed, because I could have sworn I'd read some recent posts from you not that long ago...? In fact, in my head you're a 'semi regular' poster on here, if that makes sense. Must have been reading older posts all this time without realising. :thought:

That said, I do feel like the months are flying by so it's probably just me being daft!
I thought exactly the same thing yesterday, so I clicked on the username to see when Zeke last posted, and nothing happened. Hmmm. So I clicked on Floyd1's username and the same thing, er, nothing happened. Thinking my computer was acting extra weird (when is a computer not acting extra weird?), I tried Dinobot and it did work. Hmmm. Couldn't have anything to do with the three browsers running with a total of 50 or 60 tabs open...

Anyway, May 28. Weird. I'd have guessed last week. Berenstoin effect er sumpm maybe.

So welcome back Zeke! I should quit complaining about our slow internet here in the sticks. We might have dial-up speeds half the time, but we usually can get where we want to go.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score

I’ve had this problem regularly. Now most times, I just wait until my IP address changes. But I have got Enola’s email address on file. That’s how I now contact him if I am really desperate. So if you have trouble accessing the forum from other sites, good old email should help you out.