• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I'm thinking we will hear from rynner again - and I don't mean from a cabinet rattling a tambourine! Yet! :)

Computers have let him down in the past and cut off communication for weeks.

Meanwhile, if he was taking a holiday, would he want to advertise it? o_O

I'm thinking we will hear from rynner again - and I don't mean from a cabinet rattling a tambourine! Yet! :)

Computers have let him down in the past and cut off communication for weeks.

Meanwhile, if he was taking a holiday, would he want to advertise it?
o_O

People here do Loq has, GT has recently and I think he would because it would be a big deal for him. I'm with you I think it's the comp, (stares uneasily at his own failing comp), would be nice though if there was one of us physically local to check out if he was alright.

I've been here since 2003ish and Rynner has been around longer. This is unusual for MB's. It brings up a uncomfortable question really. How do we keep an eye on isolated people that we've grown fond of over the net? Without one of us turning into some psycho/misery stalker type person?

I actually considered setting up a webpage before facebook arrived where older, isolated folk would just log in once a day just to say hi and if they didn't I'd contact a next of kin or nominated person to go check on them.

Last edited:
I have specific instructions that, on my passing, a couple of people whom I trust will message the forum. I think that's proper courtesy, after all. :D

Lovely Shady! I'll try and do likewise.

If Rynner's computer is the issue, I hope he has a library local to him, he could get online that way.

If it is his computer I wonder if we could have a whip round as a surprise present? I'd stick some in but couldn't spring for a whole set up.

Actually, there is still a computer in the lounge of the sheltered housing where he lives.
He normally uses that if his own PC gets knackered.
The fact that he hasn't done that... :(

Were the council not taking all that away, they took the telly didnt they?
If it is his computer I wonder if we could have a whip round as a surprise present? I'd stick some in but couldn't spring for a whole set up.
I would do that, but how would it be done?

There are two PCs in this house that will need to be rehomed before we leave. I'd gladly box one up and post it down Cornwall way if it weren't for the obvious obstacle.

I have the feeling that Rynner might be in a care home in Penryn, hence the Rynner name.
Just a hunch (I don't actually know).

Actually, there is still a computer in the lounge of the sheltered housing where he lives.
He normally uses that if his own PC gets knackered.
The fact that he hasn't done that... :(

Could still be a major balls up with the internet connection?

There are two PCs in this house that will need to be rehomed before we leave. I'd gladly box one up and post it down Cornwall way if it weren't for the obvious obstacle.
The address and name? Doesnt anyone know it on here?

I have the feeling that Rynner might be in a care home in Penryn, hence the Rynner name.
Just a hunch (I don't actually know).

I think it's sheltered housing, isn't it? It's starting to be very worrying now :/ I've often thought about messaging Ryn, see if there's anything I can do for him, seeing as I'm not a million miles away (bearing in mind I don't drive, sadly); wish I had now :(

I've tried searches on incidents in sheltered housing in Cornwall but no results.

The best we can all do is remain positive. Im sure he will return soon and will be amazed by all the concern from his friends here. Who knows, it may herald the arrival of Rynner3 :)

Ryn didn't, by chance, sign up for the contingency thread, did 'e? (Damnit. I can always tell when I spend too much time on this forum because I start thinking and writing with a British accent.)

Yeah, we're gradually reassimilating the colonies, person by person ;).

No, he didn't sign up to it - besides that would just be his email addy, which I already have. We'll see what the good doctor can do.

There is also his photography website to monitor.

If he has just taken a huff with the website, as he alluded to on another thread a few weeks back, then this site would presumably still be updated.

http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html

At present it was last updated 19 July.

Nah I pm'd him about the board here and he was all good with stuff. I don't think he's on holiday as he's forced to live quite frugally. I'm hoping it's just his computer.

Back