• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Fuck. She was going to crawl through the loops at CERN, but her superpowers will be birthed by lava.

SUPERSCARG!
atomic_snail_by_cartoonray-d69fje6.png

Are the refugees from that UFOlogy forum still around? Just wondering as they seemed very keen, started many threads and then....

Are the refugees from that UFOlogy forum still around? Just wondering as they seemed very keen, started many threads and then....

A couple have become regular readers who log on fairly frequently.

Anyone have news of Ulalume and Coastaljames? Ulalume's blog is still active, so she's okay - but she doesn't seem to have been around this way for ages.

There has been a nasty virus going around, I'm still trying to shake it off. Totally wiped me out yesterday, and I can't be the only one.

There has been a nasty virus going around, I'm still trying to shake it off. Totally wiped me out yesterday, and I can't be the only one.

This winter: it's had a hell of a bite--I don't know anybody that hasnt bad something and something lingering at that. And it seems to have been on both sides of the world.

This winter: it's had a hell of a bite--I don't know anybody that hasnt bad something and something lingering at that. And it seems to have been on both sides of the world.

I know! It's as if viruses are gearing up for the time antibiotics no longer work.

I know! It's as if viruses are gearing up for the time antibiotics no longer work.
I've felt mildly crappy (with short spells of really crap) for about 4 weeks now. I went to the doctor eventually, but she said it wasn't any kind of infection, merely the virus that seems to be doing the rounds, and that it was perfectly normal for it to last 4 weeks or more.

So, she couldn't give me anything for it, and I don't know whether I'm reassured or not. Part of me was almost wishing I'd got a chest infection or similar, so I could be given something to take - antibiotics or whatever. On the other hand, if it's just the boring virus that half the population have, then I shouldn't be such a wuss. And I am beginning to feel a bit better...

BBC Radio 4 certainly has been running a depressing (but gripping) drama around precisely that scenario (preceded by the Val McDermid one last year) so we're certainly being prepared for the collective end.

Perhaps...
EDIT
And I very-much miss...
@Ulalume
@Frideswide
@escargot
@Coastaljames
@Naughty_Felid
@rynner2

EDIT2
That disturbing BBC Radio Four sci-fi drama series, set in a fractured future where antibiotics no longer exist (and rUK migrants are trying to smuggle themselves over the Severn into the sanctury of Wales) is called "The Truth About Hawaii". It's very good, in some ways, though flawed in places (thankfully) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09pn78z

Last edited:
I've felt mildly crappy (with short spells of really crap) for about 4 weeks now. I went to the doctor eventually, but she said it wasn't any kind of infection, merely the virus that seems to be doing the rounds, and that it was perfectly normal for it to last 4 weeks or more.

So, she couldn't give me anything for it, and I don't know whether I'm reassured or not. Part of me was almost wishing I'd got a chest infection or similar, so I could be given something to take - antibiotics or whatever. On the other hand, if it's just the boring virus that half the population have, then I shouldn't be such a wuss. And I am beginning to feel a bit better...

Sounds like I have another week to go! Thanks for the expert info.

They're talking about you, GNC. Talking about you!

How bad is your virus now? I have the equivalent of a slight cols hanging on and I can't shake it.

It comes and goes, like the tides. I was feeling better yesterday, but today, bleh. At least the headache's gone, but I'm very fatigued. There seem to be a variety of symptoms, I didn't have the runny nose, for example, but I do have the sore throat. Bally nuisance!

It comes and goes, like the tides. I was feeling better yesterday, but today, bleh. At least the headache's gone, but I'm very fatigued. There seem to be a variety of symptoms, I didn't have the runny nose, for example, but I do have the sore throat. Bally nuisance!

I keep having to clear my throat, annoying.

Back