• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

..I think Stu has contact, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't actually in touch.
PM and I disagreed about a fundamental issue of policy, and he decided to resign as a mod and leave the board. The door is open for him.

i have been chatting to fridesy, and i very much doubt she will grace this board ever again, but she did say there are a lot of us she will miss and wishes she could say goodbye too.

i have been chatting to fridesy, and i very much doubt she will grace this board ever again, but she did say there are a lot of us she will miss and wishes she could say goodbye too.

Why has she left?

I'm sorry to hear that. I too wish her all the best.

I don't like this!

not

not the version i would have chosen, but the sentiment is the same.

I have been taking screenies of all the nice things you have all been saying and sending them to her, hoping to melt her tough Glaswegian heart.

I've been busy today--please communicate my feelings at her proposal to abandon us:

a6ec9ae8d4c0c598a173c0cf3635e14d62528566_hq.gif

giphy.gif

7 months since @Ulalume was last here, and a month since her blog was updated. I'm not able to leave a comment on her blog (but blogspot doesn't play nicely with Vietnamese ISPs, so I don't want to read too much into that.) Is anyone in touch with her through other channels, and can convey to her how much her presence here was valued and, consequentially, how much she is missed? No pressure to return, but I just hope she's ok.

Last edited:
7 months since @Ulalume was last here, and a month since her blog was updated. I'm not able to leave a comment on her blog (but blogspot doesn't play nicely with Vietnamese ISPs, so I don't want to read too much into that.) Is anyone in touch with her through other channels, and can convey to her how much her presence here was valued and, consequentially, how much she is missed? No pressure to return, but I just hope she's ok.
im gonna miss her

OK hopefully this is the right place to put this, I didn't want to start a whole new thread just about me and my problems.

As I may have casually mentioned, I have been having various medical tests and procedures over the last year, or just under a year I guess.

I was going to write a whole explanation, but you don't need to hear that. Suffice to say, I saw a consultant at hospital this morning to discuss results of my most recent test. And was given the bombshell that they've found a 'growth' and rather than being all ready to get to the end of this year-long nightmare I now must face some more tests and waits for results, which could be quite bad (to put it mildly).

There was another person in the room when me and Mr Zebra had the update with the consultant - the other person being an oncologist nurse (I think that's the term).

I guess you can see where this is going. I'm currently trying to hold it all together and not freak out, not easy when I have been suffering from Health Anxiety pretty much ever since all this started.

I'll be frank with you, my dear FT friends whom I have got to know and love over the last few months; I'm convinced I'm going to die. No, this isn't some attempt at getting attention, or owt like that. I can just feel it. Why else would an oncologist nurse be part of the consultation this morning. Despite both her and the consultant saying they don't know if I have cancer or not, I think they do know, and they just won't or can't say until the tests are done. Blood test (done this morning) and CT scan of my pelvis, abdomen and chest - they're looking to see how far it's spread, I guess.

In the car on the way back from the hospital this morning, Mr Zebra and I started discussing possible outcomes etc., and I suddenly said to him - "Bet you never thought we'd be having this particular discussion, did you." It seems surreal, even though there's been other similar worries towards the end of last year, this seems a million times worse.

Well anyway, I hope I will be back, but I can't really think about posting on here at the moment when there's so much else going on, I trust you'll understand. So I thought it best to let you know cos didn't want you wondering where I was.

Love and :oldm:

Zebs. xxxxx

Oh and, if you want to pray to God, Allah, Flying Spaghetti Monster, the kitchen sink, the cat, whatever, please go ahead, cos I think I'm going to need every bit of help I can.

Take care everyone. I hope your own collective and individual problems get sorted satisfactorily, I can't name all your names, but I know some of you are also going through tough times and I think about and wish for you too.

...they've found a 'growth' and rather than being all ready to get to the end of this year-long nightmare I now must face some more tests and waits for results...

You’ll be fine. l know it.

It’ll just be one of those laughable glitches that nature throws in our path. You’ll kick its arse and hang it in formalin in a picture frame in your toilet to sneer at every time you flush.

FTMB is with you. Slàinte mhath!

maximus otter

Back