• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I've been missing in action for several years now , but I'm back . Bummer that the site is about to go now though.

I recognise that name. Welcome back.

'Bummer' doesn't even begin to cover it, but please do sign up for communications; we may yet pull it out of the fire.

Details:

The ForteanTimes Forums are soon to close—permanently.

The explanation for this unfortunate turn of events may be found here:

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/important-forum-to-close.64678/

The moderation team is currently doing everything possible to salvage the content of the board and transfer it to a new forum, but at this stage it is impossible to say what will ultimately prove possible.

In order to keep you all fully appraised of what is going on, we need to be able to communicate with you and we will not have access to the database of your names and addresses. If you wish to receive any such updates as we may be able to offer, please send a simple email to the following address WITH YOUR USERNAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

Address: [email protected]

The FTMB message board has been online almost continuously since the autumn of 2001 and many members communicate with one another exclusively through posts and private messages. As of October 31, the board will go offline for good; signing up as suggested above may be your only chance of maintaining contact with fellow Forteans.

If you happen to run a website or a blog of a Forean nature, or you regulary interact with other board members through social media, we'd be very grateful if you could help us to get word out—time is short.

It's the end of an electronic era, my friends.

We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?

Is anyone still in touch with Old Time Radio? He and I barely coincided, but I have always enjoyed the posts that he made in his time actively posting here. He did pop back in once relatively recently, but that was that.

Yup...I even sent a package to you over in Korea if I remember

Now I'm embarrassed!

A few members have kindly sent things over the years, but I'm racking my brain to remember what it could have been. The last thing I recall was the Usborne, Mysteries of the Unknown book, but I'm sure that was MaximusOtter. And the copies of the Lobster were from Rubaiyat...

I'm stumped!

(Sorry)

I'll post this again because it got passed over: where is JayceeDove?

Thank you for all the support :D

The letter just mentions that an appointment has been made. (Which isn't really helpful is it?)

It isn't bad news, and it's a step forward; think of it that way. And take it from me - try not to spend time worrying between now and the appointment.* It doesn't do any good.

I wish you all the best. :bpals:

*I know, I know, practice what you preach Zebs...

Back