• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

My account now regularly locks me out and demands a passcode. I have to find the email and copy/paste the code to get back in.

Wonder if that's happening to others and going wrong?

My account now regularly locks me out and demands a passcode. I have to find the email and copy/paste the code to get back in.

That's bloody weird. We'll try to figure out the cause.

It probably relates to the fact you're arriving here from a different IP address each time, and many of the addresses from which you've arrived in the last 24 hours are associated with other members as well as you.

Using your phone at work? REPORTED!

:rollingw:

A sore point. Last year we were told to sign a declaration that we wouldn't use our phones at work.

As we need to use smartphones to keep on top of the job we're not about to give them up, but some people did sign. I refused on the grounds that it's MY phone for which I pay the bill so it's up to ME how I use it.
My boss wan't impressed but I didn't care. He was like *'sigh* FFS, Scargy!'
He is a nice boss.

:rollingw:

A sore point. Last year we were told to sign a declaration that we wouldn't use our phones at work.

As we need to use smartphones to keep on top of the job we're not about to give them up, but some people did sign. I refused on the grounds that it's MY phone for which I pay the bill so it's up to ME how I use it.
My boss wan't impressed but I didn't care. He was like *'sigh* FFS, Scargy!'
He is a nice boss.

Without it you'd have to stay in contact by snail mail...?

Without it you'd have to stay in contact by snail mail...?

Yup, like this -
Frog-mailing-his-letter-e1428601098928-300x177.jpg

Isn't it finished? Like, cancelled?

No.

At Comic-Con last summer it was announced that The Orville was moving from FOX to Hulu. Season 3 is (said to be ...) scheduled to begin in late 2020 on Hulu.

Sorry if this a dim question is Rynner still with us? I did enjoy reading his posts over the years

He isn't 'with us' in the sense of being an active member, but we have no reason to believe that he has left the land of the living.

The short reason why is that he was against our attempts to reform the board; indeed he took it personally.

I wish he hadn't.

His last post is here:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ords-reincarnations.8481/page-32#post-1693308

After interesting and courteous PMs we have reached an understanding and I am DELIGHTED to announce that @Schrodinger's Zebra is returning!

She isn't "staying" because she didn't flounce off. She left properly and it's only because she very kindly picked up and read my PM that she is back.

Which is wonderful!

It also occurs to me that being Schrodinger's Zebra she is adept at both being here and not being here with striped elegance.

Frideswide

After interesting and courteous PMs we have reached an understanding and I am DELIGHTED to announce that @Schrodinger's Zebra is returning!

She isn't "staying" because she didn't flounce off. She left properly and it's only because she very kindly picked up and read my PM that she is back.

Which is wonderful!

It also occurs to me that being Schrodinger's Zebra she is adept at both being here and not being here with striped elegance.

Frideswide

So you looked and collapsed the wave function?

Back