• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

@Spookdaddy doesn't seem to have been around much. I'm missing his book and film recommendations
According to his profile, he was here tonight, he must prefer to lurk these days.
He's just a bit busy right now...
Superman-Mole-Men-movie-2.jpg

Lutz
Arthur Ascii

Frides xxx

Arthur Ascii is one of the best usernames ever.
Arthur_ASCII hadn't visited the forum since 2010, and his account was retired after the 2018 migration.

There's never been a visible member named Lutz.

There was, however, a member named lutzman who posted once and ceased visiting about a month before Arthur_ASCII disappeared back in 2010.

There's never been a visible member named Lutz.

There was, however, a member named lutzman who posted once and ceased visiting about a month before Arthur_ASCII disappeared back in 2010.
Lutzman posted many times early on. His name is now replaced with 'Anonymous' but quotes of his posts can be found with a search for 'lutz'.

I also remember 'los_grandes_lutz' who was active 2010-19. This may have been Lutzman's comeback after losing access to his account or whatever.

The avatar of one of these Lutz-clones was an animated Homer Simpson-type character that rose and sank.

I also remember 'los_grandes_lutz' who was active 2010-19. This may have been Lutzman's comeback after losing access to his account or whatever.

The avatar of one of these Lutz-clones was an animated Homer Simpson-type character that rose and sank.

Your memory is correct on all counts—or, at least, it aligns exactly with mine.

los_grandes_lutz was where they bothched the transfer to a new board and we could not retain our old account names nor have spaces between characters. I was, for a while, Yithian1.

los_grandes_lutz was where they bothched the transfer to a new board and we could not retain our old account names nor have spaces between characters. I was, for a while, Yithian1.
What are the chances of you both being wrong?

Indeed. For a while I was escargot1, when membership of this board automatically entitled me to the privilege of posting on some lad-mag one. I seem to remember that you changed the name back for me.

Yup, I remember Lutzman/los_grandes_lutz - often affectionately known as 'Lutz' - very well. He was witty and had interesting things to say.

This is an example of trusting one's own memory over the algorithm.

Indeed. For a while I was escargot1, when membership of this board automatically entitled me to the privilege of posting on some lad-mag one. I seem to remember that you changed the name back for me.

Yup, I remember Lutzman/los_grandes_lutz - often affectionately known as 'Lutz' - very well. He was witty and had interesting things to say.

This is an example of trusting one's own memory over the algorithm.
Ah, yes, Lads Mags! They made me what I am today...
Men in Swimwears in the 1900s (12).jpg

If she’s spraying water on a domestic chip pan flare up when there’s a perfectly good tea towel on the rail, her house burned down.
They've carefully removed the markings on the extinguisher (maybe they are different in different countries? But then, what would be the point?) but I think it's Co2 she's spraying.

Just had to do my fire safety course for work.

They've carefully removed the markings on the extinguisher (maybe they are different in different countries? But then, what would be the point?) but I think it's Co2 she's spraying.

Just had to do my fire safety course for work.
CO2 extinguishers have a wide hard plastic hose that you dont hold as it will freeze your hand.

dmeu_y4567783_01_std.lang.all.jpg

Back