• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing Woman's 'Demolished' House Reappears

songhrati

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Missing woman's 'demolished' house reappears

From The Age
December 21, 2007

Cold-case detectives will travel to Bendigo today to investigate fresh leads in the 21-year-old mystery of missing Melbourne woman Marlene McDonald.

The Reservoir house Mrs McDonald was living in at the time of her disappearance was initially thought to have been demolished, but has instead been transported to the Bendigo area, police said today.

Forensic experts and detectives will undertake forensic testing on the Elm Street house and recreate the scene of the night of Marlene's disappearance.

The move comes a week after detectives reopened the investigation into Mrs McDonald's disappearance.

Police last week offered a $100,000 reward and possible indemnity from prosecution for anyone who helps police solve the McDonald case.

Mrs McDonald was estranged from her husband when she disappeared on December 14, 1986 after a night out with friends.

Soon after, two anonymous phone calls to the Truck City Restaurant and Cafe - where she worked as a waitress - indicated the 36-year-old mother-of-five was dead.

Detectives last week revisited witnesses and door-knocked the Wattle Grove area of Reservoir, where Mrs McDonald lived, and Truck City in nearby Campbellfield.

Mrs McDonald's elderly mother, Edie McEntee, made a tearful plea last week for help to solve the case.

Fascinating story, but a link to the source would be helpful.

rynner said:
Fascinating story, but a link to the source would be helpful.

I can find the source if I google for 'age bendigo reservoir', but when I create a link to it in a post, the link just goes to a page saying that the article has been archived :?

So, if you fancy reading the original source, just try googling those words I mentioned! :)

The original article, posted above, is here.

How come you got it to play?! :roll:

I sense a conspiracy.... ;) :D

Is it? I just went to the website for The Age and searched for it there.

Updates:

In 2009 Ms. McDonald's husband and 3 other men were arrested.
Trio arrested over 1986 disappearance of Marlene McDonald
POLICE have arrested three men in relation to the disappearance of a mother-of-five who went missing over 20 years ago.
Cold case detectives arrested and charged the men with the kidnapping of Marlene McDonald in December 1986.

It follows the arrest of Ms McDonald’s estranged husband, John Vincent McDonald, for her murder last September. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.news.com.au/news/trio-a...d/news-story/64dfa11cd6923ec20a7f13792e959b2b

In 2011 her husband was convicted of her murder.
Husband guilty in 25-year-old murder case
The husband of a Victorian woman who disappeared almost 25 years ago has today been convicted of her murder.

After four days of deliberations, a Supreme Court jury found John Vincent McDonald, 70, of Sunbury, guilty of killing wife Marlene McDonald, who "vanished off the face of the earth" on the night of December 13-14, 1986. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.theage.com.au/national/...n-25-year-old-murder-case-20110419-1dmla.html

Back