• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mobile / Cell Phone Weirdness

A

Anonymous

This happened only yesterday...

My mom had just left the house to visit a friend, and here I was, babysitting my brother. My mom left with the reminder to have my m. phone switched on, and to call her if there were any problems. I left the phone in my inner blazer pocket, on the chair in my room, and I closed the door to go to the other side of the house to work on my project. Five minutes or so so later, my mom burst into the room, asking what was wrong. I did not know what the heck she meant, and she said that I had just 'called' her phone... IMPOSSIBLE. But apparently, "I" had called her phone, complete with my name and phone number... even though my phone was in my bedroom, in my school blazer...

I'm still puzzling over this... any experiences or explainations and such and such?

You've probably just got a faulty phone.

In the act of putting your blazer/phone onto the chair, buttons may have got pressed to say call the last number dialled etc.
This could have also happened if a breeze/draft has caught your balzer on the chair and pushed the phone onto the chair depressing buttons.

Look to the normal before presuming the paranormal. Many paranormal occurances only occur because people are unaware of the normal.

A few months back I was sitting in my friends house when my mobile rang, I picked it up and it my caller ID said "Mum mobile", I asked what was wrong, and she seemed confused that I was answering the phone, I replied "erm, you just rang me, why are you suprised I answered?".

What happened was she was ringing up from a friends mobile, trying to get in touch with another friend on her mobile, by a bizarre coincidence, I had inputted my mums mobile number wrong, but had instead used the *exact* same number of her friends mobile, and her friend had inputted her friends mobile incorrectly, and had infact put in my mobile number!

So in effect she rang up the wrong number, and I had that wrong number down as my mums number :eek!!!!:

Granted, that isn't really paranormal but one helluva coincidence isn't it?

Erm, if you understood any of that well done :eek:

My blazer(with the phone) was in my bed room, with the window and the door closed so no drafts there or anything like that... and I had left my blazer with the phone on my chair 2 hours before my mom left... and the fact that it takes quite a few pressing of the buttons to call someone and my phone has a scrolling button... so....?????

Cryptolizard

P.S. few days before that, I was at my door looking for my keys as the bell was broken - my mom opened the door, and I was surprised at how she knew that I was there. She replied that she had heard the door bell ring... but... I hadn't pressed the button, and it was supposed to be broken, and it still are.

schnor said:
A few months back I was sitting in my friends house when my mobile rang, I picked it up and it my caller ID said "Mum mobile", I asked what was wrong, and she seemed confused that I was answering the phone, I replied "erm, you just rang me, why are you suprised I answered?".

What happened was she was ringing up from a friends mobile, trying to get in touch with another friend on her mobile, by a bizarre coincidence, I had inputted my mums mobile number wrong, but had instead used the *exact* same number of her friends mobile, and her friend had inputted her friends mobile incorrectly, and had infact put in my mobile number!

So in effect she rang up the wrong number, and I had that wrong number down as my mums number :eek!!!!:

Granted, that isn't really paranormal but one helluva coincidence isn't it?

Erm, if you understood any of that well done :eek:
:eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: NO!

What I'd like to know is when are we going to switch from 999 to 122, my phone keeps telling me I'm about to call emergency sevices even though I have key lock on.

hrmm this reminds me of this realy great hong kong film i've been meaning to see. it's called haunted caller and features the great sam lee of gen x cops and bio zombie fame. it's about a young hipster wwho buys a cell phone that is infact haunted

all nokia's ring 999 if you press 999 even with the key lock on dont know why its probably for emergencys but it makes a fool of the key lock
casio

As far as I know you can call 999 from all mobiles phones even when the key lock is on! No wonder there are so many accidental 999 calls from mobiles.

lucydru

mobile phone feedback

couldn't find a existing thread for this, move it if you think otherwise.

Driving home friday evening i was passing eggborough powerstation on the A19 whilst using the mobile in the handsfree kit.

As i passed the main building the phone started a really bad feed back type noise, extreamly high pitched. but the phone wouldn't switch off. I ended up taking the phone out of the cradle and removing the battery.

when i put the phone back together the battery was completely dead, although showing the battery full message 10mins before.

The person i was on the phone to also got the feed back before hearing what she said sounded like a 'screech and crash'.

I drive past the same spot at least twice a day and with the nature of my job will prob have been on the phone (hands free of course) many times with no drop of sinal or interferance.

any ideas.

the phone works fine now and having been charged up fri night has held the charge all weekend...

Interesting.

I've experienced something similar when using my old phone at home. I live in a small town in Worcestershire, next to a railway line - and near the BBC establishment at Wood Norton (which, rumour has it, is one of the locations for a goverment in exile should they have to leave London).

On several occasions - for no known reason - a conversation would be interupted by a loud, high pitched, screeching noise - heard both ny muslef and the person I was talking to - and then the call would be disconnected. This happened maybe 5 or 6 times at different times of the week, talking to different people, over the space of several month (note: I use my mobile very rarely - averaging about one conversation a week). I never noticed any particular drawn on the battery though.

This hasn't happened since I bought a new mobile earlier this year.

There is also that noise that you get if you phone recives a signal if it is next to a speaker. This happened the otherday when my phones was next to my radio, even though the radio was off!

At work mobile phones ringing make my computer screen go funny, it starts a couple of seconds before the phone rings. So if someone is sat at my desk and the screen wobbles then I tell them that their phone is about to ring just to freak them out.

I've had this screeching feedback too, when I was talking to a friend - she on her mobile, and me on my land line.
The screeching came to an end when the line went dead.
This happened twice.
Very mysterious indeed.

Maybe you passed thru a secret government microwave transmission?!
Remember those stories about people's electrical equipment going bonkers in their homes, cos they were in the path of powerful microwave transmitters?!

phone wierdness

right, i had a fortean phone moment tonight!

my phone went off, telling me that my mate hutchy was calling me. so i press the green button and all i get is a beeping sound.

so i call him right back...and he is behaving like he hasnt tried to call me. i ask him if he has, to which he replies he hasnt. i believe him.

who called me? why did my phone do that?

i am scared!

hold me!

if he has a mobole phone it could have been in his pocket with the keypad unlocked and tf you are stored in his phones memory it might have had your name clicked on by accident.
alternatively if its a landline then he might have been dileing someone else via the memory function and missed and hit where you were stored.

or he might have fancyed talking to you but not had enougth mony to call for long so rang you and put the phone down when you answered, knowing you'd think 'thats odd' and call back.

oh, i was hoping it was aliens! i dotn think he accidentally dialed my number. i will email him later on and ask him to check ihis call register

One night, twice, my mobile phone called me and when I answered it all I heard was a recording of what had been going on in my house just before it rang!

heh. we invited that bloke to a work event...he arrived totally maggoted...having trouble talking. i was trying to sell him something, and he had to hold onto the cabinet in order to stay upright.

it was pretty cool.

Marion said:
One night, twice, my mobile phone called me and when I answered it all I heard was a recording of what had been going on in my house just before it rang!

My nephew had a cell phone that would do that. It would kick on, record whatever was happening as voicemail, then let him know that he had a voicemail message. Never did figure out exactly why it did that.

One night our 'phone rang at home and on answering it I heard a drunken woman shouting at people in the room with her. There was a lot of raucous laughter and in the din I recognised my son's voice. Noone spoke down the 'phone to me and being a bit dim it took a while for me to realise that the 'phone had been knocked and my number called by accident. After ten minutes I had a great deal of incriminating evidence about my son's nocturnal activities!

You can imagine my son's expression when I told him exactly what he had been up to, even quoting his conversation. He was stunned and until I relented and told him the truth, truly believed I had some strange sixth sense.

We had a massive thread on dodgy phones a while back. But really I can't be arsed to look for it.

Sorry!

I bought a new mobile phone at Christmas, kept the old number, and 8 times since the same number (a Dublin one I think) has appeared as a missed call. I know about 6 people in Dublin and none of them have my mobile number ... :eek:

alright, alright...i will stop calling the number i found scrawled on the toilet wall....

Lobelia maybe a long while ago someone else had the number. You know sometimes years later you will call an old friend only to find out that their number has been changed. Or maybe they are trying to call a number one digit off from yours.

my mates phone kept on ringing & whenever he answered it it went dead. After complaining it turned out 2 b a computer system dialing him but then cuuting off as there was no one there end to take the call.....thats marketing for you i guess

Back